Shaggygt's Trainwreck Grow 12/12 from Seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ShaggyGT, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so most of you know about my current bagseed grow. I got a good amount of Trainwreck seeds from a hermie plant so it should be female if what I have read is true about hermie seeds being female. Anyways, put her in soil two days ago and this morning she popped out of the soil. Working on a better light setup but for now she has 1 23w 2700k bulb on her. I will have atleast 3 or 4 on her in the next couple of days. I picked up a box of 12 23w 2700k so I am going to put 6 bulbs into power strips and zip tie them together and hang them above my bigger plant. I will have 2 lamps on the Trainwreck with 2 bulbs each. I need to find some extension sockets for my lamps as the Y splitters wont work with the CFL bulbs not even in a work lamp!!! I also picked up some big bloom additive to start feeding the bigger plant and after a couple weeks the Train wreck will get a dose. Any comments, suggestions, or questions are welcomed. Here is the first picture:

2. make sure you keep the light within a about 3 or 4 inches from the top of the plant, this will prevent your plant from getting tall and skinny. Really put some good wind on her with a fan, this makes your plant look like a clone after a few weeks.

3. Yep way ahead of ya on that. This one is nice and short and is healthy. The first leaf set is coming in. My other plant not doing so well though. Glad the Trainwreck is holding its own and looking perfect. Should definitely be female since the seed came from a hermie.
    I will post pics of her when it has progressed more.

4. Well I have been busy diagnosing a problem with my bagseed plant. I took some advice from KillaKush and upgraded my lighting and got more overhead which should be better on the plants. I plan on adding another strip of lights for the Trainwreck once it gets a bit bigger. Hopefully by this weekend. Either way I will go ahead and get the lights set up and use them when needed. I still need to add another Y connector to the current strip of lights and then it will be complete.

Here are some pictures of the new setup and a new picture of the plant. Enjoy :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sorry for the huge pics. I didnt know I couldnt attach photos in two different threads. This will be the only time I have to do this so just bare with me.

6. You could prop up that trainwreck to get it a little closer to the light but everything else looks good.

7. Shit. Yeah I didnt even think of that. I will do that when I get home. I am going to try and swing by Home Depot after I get off work and pick up the Y connectors I need so I can finish up the current strip and get the other one ready and installed. Hopefully the other plant will turn around with the new light setup today.

8. #8 ShaggyGT, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    Ok I got the plant up closer to my light setup via some cd cases and some trays. I am guessing 2inches or a little more should be close enough that it wont cause it to stretch? It is under the one light that doesnt have a Y connector for now. Let me know what you guys think. She is still looking beautiful and healthy. Wish I could say the same about the other plant. I may be moving the trainwreck under all of the lights and removing the bagseed plant.

In the picture of the plant and the bulb is showing how close it is from the plant. Let me know if it is close enough. The others are showing what the plant looks like currently and the last is of the whole grow area.

9. Here is some pictures of my shipment of P.P.P. I got in from my medical supplier today. Very disappointed in the fact that there is alot of shake and barely any buds. It smells dank as shit and there is a good bit of keif on the herb but its not like my previous orders where it was nice fat buds. Oh well those are the breaks I guess. I got the Sour Diesel coming so hopefully it will be better since it coming from another supplier.

10. Ok I have removed the bagseed plant and relocated it for now. So I reconfigured the lights so the 1 single bulb is in the middle and the two Y's on the sides and moved them closer so it is perfect coverage for the trainwreck plant. I am working on sprouting another trainwreck seed to start another plant. I would prefer to have two going at the same time so I know for sure I get a decent yeild. Forgot to check the other seed I had germinating since it wasnt sprouting and checked it today and it did finally sprout but it got a little dry so I added a seed and water and am going to see if the one that sprouted will come back to life. If not I know the other seed will sprout.

11. dude should have def hooked you up better than that, you should tell him so he makes it up to you next time.

12. #12 ShaggyGT, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah I did. He didnt have much to say. I will remind him the next time I order BUDS ONLY!! Lol.

Edit: It is some strong shit though. I havent coughed this hard in a long ass time!!! :smoking::bongin:

Ok he got back to me and said he would definitely make it up to me. So he is definitely on the top of my list of suppliers. I knew it wasnt like him to do that but I guess somehow most of the bottom of the batch got in the bag I got. All previous orders were perfect.

13. Watched August West's ISO Hash video and read his post on it. This bag would be perfect for that. Hopefully my Diesel will come in and I can ISO Hash these miniature buds.

14. Yeah hash is the shit but just remember it takes a good amount of trim/bud to even get a gram of hash.

15. Yep I know. If I could use the whole 1/2oz I got then I should be able to get around 4-7 grams maybe. I am considering trying to make some Keif Hash again. Last time it went horribly wrong and turned it into a black wad of shit, I think it got too much heat. I use the hair straightener method by putting the keif in a cig. pack wrapper and wrapped a wet paper towel around it and put it in the straightener for the correct amount of time.

Since the PPP is good but it just small ass buds I will keep it cause it fucking rocks my head and makes me cough like I never have before. Might be some mold going on there? Though its not visible or atleast not to me anyways. I have a shit ton of keif saved up I can turn to hash, I just need to find a solid way of doing it. I will snap some pics of some of the keif that is still in my Space Case grind/keif catcher.

16. Ok got home and she is looking good. The next leaf set is coming in and she is right on schedule. I need to get some nutes for flowering just to be ready and some PH strips soon so once she gets to that point I will be able to give her the food she needs. I guess I will go with Fox Farms products such as Big Bloom? Or does anyone suggest another that is good or better than the Fox Farms products? I want something that will help insure a good yeild, growth, and will not destroy the pH level.

17. Ok so both seeds I germinated looked good. The one that dried out came through. I chose to plant the other seed since it hasnt had any stress. I dont want to plant 2 more so I had to choose just one. I am limited on space since I already have 2 in the grow area so I can really only fit one more in there. I may relocate the bagseed plant into another area to heal so I have room to concentrate on just the trainwreck plants. So I should see a sprout in a day or so. Guess that means I gotta get that other fixture ready to rock. If they both stay female I will happy as hell!!! :smoke:

18. Plant is still looking good. I got the new fixture installed so its ready for the new sprout. I also picked up a digital thermometer today that has the humidity percentage as well. Put it in the grow area for awhile and checked it my temps are 78degrees and 45% humidity with the lights on about an hour or so before lights out so the lights have been running all day. With the lights off its 74degrees and 45% humidity. Still trying to find a pH tester.

19. OK here are the pics. I still need to perfect the new light setup some but for now it will do just fine. Got some nutes and soil from Fox Farm's coming as well as a pH up and down kit that includes a tester.

20. it's growin nuts like a hermie i can see'em right there to the left. look

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.