.:Socks - CFL madness:.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Socks, Oct 22, 2009.

1. #1 Socks, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    Whats up? Decided to make a journal since it seems like the thing to do lol.

This is my first grow so after heavily reading stickies and browing GC for the past month im confident that my grow will go well.

Ill be growing

1x Paradise White berry- Feminized
    1x G13 Northern Lights x Skunk Feminized
    1x UFO #1 LA woman freebie from Attitude- Feminized

My box is 2x3x4 (dono if i have that in the right order).
    Consisting of(as of now):
    -8 27w 6500k cfls
    -6" induct exhaust fan
    -Pulley light bar setup
    -And some turbo looking intake fan i found in my shed that works really well.

Just using Organic soil/perlite With FF Grow big nutes for vegging

Have a homemade carbon scrubber that will go on later when it actually smells.

And have mylar coming in the mail. Was on backorder so should be here soon.

10/19 Started germing
    10/20 WB and LA woman Crack
    10/21 Northern lights Cracked
    10/22 WB and LA sprout.

And on to Pics.

Attached Files:

2. My plans are to LST all three.

3. hey dude got ur PM, looking good so far, i'll be following

4. heya mills, fancy seeing you emerge from sick plants and begginers :p

5. Thanks man.

Hopefully tomorrow the northern lights will sprout. Im hoping to see some growth in the other sprouts too.

6. :wave: yea im branching out lol

7. just one thing to bear in mind, dont get to discuraged if they seem like their growing bit slow the first week or 2 as their just growing a root system under the soil,
    just a heads up as alot of new growers worrie when their seedlings dont seem to grow much at first lol

8. Yea Ill keep that in mind, but i mean within the past 6 hours ive already seen a bit of growth and snapped some shots.

Day 1 WB and LA woman

Attached Files:

• wb1.jpg
      wb1.jpg
      File size:
      197.6 KB
      Views:
    • LA.jpg
      LA.jpg
      File size:
      109.1 KB
      Views:
  9. #9 mills69, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    oh yea by all means they change hourly! just sometimes they seem to stay the same as they develop a root system

the LA woman should be good alot of people seem to have the seeds at the mo

10. Im really looking forward to the white berry. It looks a little purpleish if you look at my last post its the 1st pic and the LA woman(2nd pic) is really green.

11. Update: 10/23

Northern Lights Sprouted:yay:

And who would have guessed. The others grew.

On to pics
    pic1- White Berry day 2
    pic2- LA Woman Day 2
    Pic3- Northern lights day 1

Attached Files:

• WB2.jpg
      WB2.jpg
      File size:
      139.3 KB
      Views:
    • LA2.jpg
      LA2.jpg
      File size:
      107.9 KB
      Views:
    • NL1.jpg
      NL1.jpg
      File size:
      141.5 KB
      Views:
  12. hey, looks like their doing well!

on a side note do you have any perlite in your soil? i know you said it does but it dont look like it, could prob use some more its really helpfully for the roots & airation in the soil plus drainage

13. It said on the bag that theres a little but I plan on adding 4:1 soil: perlite when i transfer to the bigger pots. I figured they would be fine until then.

14. yea they should be fine untill you transplant, but just keep an eye on that soil as it wont dry out so quick & you dont want to keep it too wet

15. Yea i noticed that its been staying very wet. Should i be okay to transplant from my party cups right to 12" pots. I just figured it would be easier than transplanting a ton of times.

16. yea they can go from party cups their large pots, its just recommended to start them in a small pots so they grow a nice root ball then that grows out when transplanted,

17. Gotcha. Maybe Ill see if i can find some smaller pots around. Or some 2 liter bottles.

18. Just received my Fox Farm nutes from Discount-Hydro. The mylar is still on back order so hopefully that wont be to much longer.

For nutes i just got FF Grow big, which ill start using in about 2-3 weeks. Ill be buying Big bloom when I get closer to flowering. I noticed that FF has 2 flowering nutes should I get both?

19. Update 10/24

Took my roommates oscillating fan and put it on the ladies.

Pic 1- Day 3 White berry
    Pic 2- Day 3 LA Woman
    Pic 3- Day 2 Northern Lights
    Pic 4- Group shot with the new fan blowing on them.

Attached Files:

20. lookin good man! keep up the good work...i'll be watchin!!!