Cover&Duck's 600w 2nd grow: Burmese Kush, Kushberry, Moby Dick, Cheese and More!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cover&Duck, Oct 20, 2009.

1. #1 Cover&Duck, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    Hello blades, I have finally gotten around to making the new journal. This will most likely be my permanent journal, and after two or so more rounds of indoor, I plan to start updating with outdoor pics :D Anyways this second time around, I'll be birthing the following strains:

1x: T H Seeds Burmese Kush Feminized

2x: DNA Genetics Kushberry Feminized

1x: Dinafem Seeds Moby Dick

1x: Green House Seeds Cheese Feminized

1x Dinafem Seeds Roadrunner (Dinafem #1 x Lowryder #1, currently flowering 4 weeks old or so)

1x: BC Bud Depot Seeds BC Big Bud Clone (I received from a friend, Ill switch it to veg today as well, its probably 2 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks old lol)

My setup this time around consists of:
    1x 600w MH/HPS w air-cooled hood digital ballast
    1x 400w HPS w hood
    1x 4.5'x4.5'x6.8' grow tent
    2x 4" inline fans (177cfm ea.)
    1x 14" oscillating fan

Nutes/Ferts/Medium:
    FF Grow Big, FF Big Bloom, FF Tiger Bloom, Adv. Nutr Bud Candy, Adv. Nutr Carbo-load, Blackstrap Molasses, Distilled water, FF Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil

Alright, lets get to the pics, (I waited to start this shit up until day 1 of veg conveniently, so I just transplanted the 4 girls last night...the cheese is a couple days behind) Im going to flush the roadrunner with dist water tonight and fertilize with a mild bloom solution, I believe the roadrunner is locking out nutes and has started to form a potassium def? I will fertilize with adv nutes carboload and ff big bloom

Pic #1: gROUP shot
    Pic #2: Moby Dick
    Pic #3: Burmese Kush
    Pic #4: Kushberry pheno 1
    Pic #5: Kushberry pheno 2
    Pic #6: Roadrunner closup
    Pic #7: BC Big Bud Clone
    Pic #8: BC Big Bud
    Pic #9: Roadrunner

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, feels good to be here. :smoking: everything's looking sexy as hell, dog.

3. And it starts all over again. Man, I really wish I could do a run with four or five strains like you and some others. I'd love the variety. I need to correct that. Did you run the 400 watter last round?

4. Thanks du, pull up a chair and a fatass L cuz this is gonna be some shit to see..nah but really tho I ordered the following seeds for next summer outdoor:

Dutch Passion Blueberry Feminized

Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough Feminized

BIG BUDDHA Blue Cheese Feminized

DNA LA Woman Feminized

DNA Genetics Lemon Skunk

Barneys Red Diesel Feminized

Lol...come January my ass is gonna be busy:smoking: I plan on having about 50 clones divided by the 6 strains so about 8 outdoor plants of each strain and I already have the beans:

[​IMG]

5. Sup my bfom and yeah man I did use the 400w last time, I have it flowering the roadrunner atm and the lil cheese is under it currently too.

6. Shit, just re-read the dimensions of your tent, that thing is fuckin huge! Is your space going to be bigger than last run? Are you switching anything up as far as nutes or trying anything new?

7. #7 Cover&Duck, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    Yeah bro its a bigass tent I cant take a picture of the whole thing because its that big and the room its in is too small for that...but yeah its about 2.5x the space I had last time and Im using ocean forest soil instead of happy frog, and I might go all adv nutes this time Idk, but as of right now the only changes are the carboload, bud candy, and Im getting some scorpion juice and sensizym as well. those are all additives that benefit the plant in different ways. I've heard nothing but great things about adv. nutes and they're a nutrient company that actually gears their products towards cannabis, tho they dont come out and say it obviously. Adv ntues are much more expensive but worth every bit from what Ive heard and we shall see:smoking:

edit: actually I have gotten some emails in the past that have videos of 2009 thc expo in LA of customers who use adv nutes and their testimonials about their products...check it out:

Watch this video if you want tons of insight on nutes and all kinds of other beneficial grow info

http://www.growersunderground.com/casestudies/

8. if you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the big bud clone?

9. my dude was meetin me to off a couple zones of bubblegum and he surprised me with it ...he took me to his op and showed me the mother, and the flowering versions of it, very dank very heavy producer..his plants are purple so who knows:smoking:

10. reason i'm asking is bc original Big Bud seeds aren't being sold anymore, they improved the genetics and re-named it. forget the name though, think it's Green Spirit or something.

11. idk man my dude got his mother from a clone from another friend so idk if its legit but its some killer most def:smoking:

12. nice, not questioning the strain... just letting you know they've improved on the genetics bc Big Bud wasn't a greatly consistent strain.

13. Good luck with the new venture. I'm excited to see the Kushberry, DNA = genius.

14. Thanks man, and yes DNA is probably one of my favorite seed companies out of all the grows I've done/seen. Ive worked with/witnessed dinafem, big buddha, BC Bud Depot, green house, afropips, mr nice, and dutch passion seeds, and so far Id have to say DNA is one of the top picks most def.:smoking:

15. Lookin' good there, C&D! I'm jealous of that Burmese Kush - cuz I wasn't able to find it available anywhere! My spots all have it as out of stock! :(

16. I gotta bucket for you man.

17. Yeah man I think I am the one who made the attitude go out of stock most recently, but who knows. Thanks for stoppin by du, pull up a chair:hello:

Badass man, I appreciate it. the pic you sent me looks official :smoking:

18. Update Day 3 of Veg

The ladies are lookin lush for youngins, especially the BC Big Bud clone...its getting large and Ill have to transplant it and start vegging it tomorrow...lol:smoking: As for the roadrunner leaf situation, I thought it was a potassium def. and flushed it with 6 gal of dist water, then fertilized with carbo load, budcandy (yes I know bud candy has carboload in it), and big bloom, but that didnt seem to do the trick. I checked the ph of ro water and it was 6.2-6.4. So that lead me to think it was a Mg / S / Ca def, which it seemsl ike it was, so I fed with FF Grow big, (all purpose fert with trace nutrients) and I will check on her in the morning to see any result. Im thinking it was a trace nutrient prob tho because I only fed her once with grow big and it was a very light feeding.

Pic #1-2 BC Big Bud
    Pic #3 Cheese
    Pic #4 Group shot
    Pic #5 Burmese Kush
    Pic #6 Moby Dick
    Pic #7 Kushberry #1
    Pic #8 Kushberry #2
    Pics #9-11 Roadrunner

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. hey, how goes it? The little one's look good. I'm probably going to be off for a bit, my pup chewed my power cord to the laptop. I'll be back in a bit though, everyone's shit will just look that much better right?! Take it easy man, talk to you later.

20. def gonna sit in for this one can't wait to c how the burmese kush comes out.