Mmmmick 1st closet SCROG 90wLED 3 strains

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mmmmick, Oct 12, 2009.

1. #1 mmmmick, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2010
    Hi GC, I've been hangin around for a few months now, got my newbie grow completed and it smokes great altho yield was low for many reasons. Too wet too long(saturated almost entire veg time), too cold, few nutes, nasty repot during flower and chopped 2 or 3 weeks early. You can even toss plant spike ferts into the mix, lol. And there's always the LED thing,lol. No matter I'm doing this to see if 90w LED can produce enough to keep me in smoke. I'll add LED's as the technology proves itself, if necessary.
    Short of killimg them I probably abused them in most of the possible ways a newb can.
    Still got 27.5 g dry from 2 plants 1 Afi 1 BC Big Bud, better smoke than is currently available locally.

I've been riding along on mistergreens grows here and I know it's hijacking (as a newb I didn't initially see that, it started innocently enough then we became buddies and I stayed through his grow) and detracts from his grow to some extent so even tho he is very good about it all, welcomed me into his journal and keeps the interest up in my grow I think it's time to get a journal started so users can view his journal without having to read my crap,lol.
    Many thanks Mistergreen and I really appreciate all the help and conversation. I strongly recommend checking out his journal, if you haven't yet. The man grows some beautiful White Russians. +reps
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...grow-white-russian-all-organic-soil-grow.html

Plants went under the screen on OCT2nd for a little acclimatization before going to flower cycle. Decided to start the flower cycle OCT11 at 12:01 am after reading a number of scrog journals. 4 plants might be overcrowded in a small screen if I wait any longer.

Pics to follow and if anybody wants to see pics from the veg cycle, I'll be happy to put some up, or even from my newbie grow for that matter, although they are already posted in mistergreens grow so I don't know if they can be double posted.

So, comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated, There's no point trying to tell me I should use HID's, I know how they perform but want to see how the LED can do on it's own. I'm not a "light snob" or whatever, just interested in the new technology.

I hope that doesn't sound harsh because I am interested in opinions/ideas from all growers regardless of their choice of lights. We are all grow brothers/sisters after all, right?

2. #2 mmmmick, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    So enough explanation/justification for my unintended hijacking, heres what I'm playing with.

clones cut from low undergrowth, all tiny(around 2") dipped in Root-Stim and planted in pro-mix, 2 days dark with water sprayed a few times a day, vegged under 2x20w flouro

LST'd and SC'ed during veg
    2 Afi cross (unknown strain, but can taste/smell the Afi) oldest Afi clone taken Jul15th(left rear),next Afi clone Aug1st(left front), BC Big Bud cloned Aug1st(right rear), Super Skunk cloned Aug17th(right front)
    1 BC big bud cross (unknown cross)
    1 Super Skunk x Grape Crush (reasonably sure this strain is accurate)
    Pro mix with dolomite lime for PH in 7 liter pots, added 25% perlite
    90w 4th gen UFO @ 12 inches will drop to 6-8 inches soon
    PH 6-6.5 varies as I use britta filter for app half my water to allow a ph fluctuation, the britta drops my ph by .4
    22x27 inch screen
    heating closet to 75F/24C humidity app 50%
    Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Veg formula 3-1.5-4 10ml/liter (15ml recommended)
    Botanicare pure Blend Pro Fruit and Flower 1.5-4-5 20ml/liter (30ml reco)
    SuperThrive
    Bat guano 0-15-1 1 tbsp per 7 liter pot mixed into soil initially and again as topdressing 3 weeks into 13/11 light cycle
    Miracle Grow All Purpose 24-8-16 @ 30% strength once during the first veg slowdown and once at the start of 13/11 light cycle to help with the stretch.
    Molasses after the stretch in flower 1Tbsp/gallon
    edit:decided to change the molasses to every feeding to try to stay on top of any cal/mag issues instead of buying Calmag.

3. #3 mmmmick, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    Lets hear what ya think/suggest.

Taken OCT2nd

1.the screen
    2. 2 Afi's on the left, Super Skunk x Grape Crush right foreground, BC Big Bud right rear
    3. screen in place, lights on
    4. low level view for reference
    5. Taken OCT10th

Attached Files:

4. This might get messy with 3 strains under a screen but lets see what developes.

5. No worries there.

6. #6 mmmmick, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009

here's hopin'

thanks for having a look. LBH

interesting links in your sig, Ill have peak.

Great job on that LST/Topping tutorial LBH, clearly explained and lots of good pics. +repped ya for that.

7. Glad to see you started a journal mmick! I'm intersted in SCROG and will be tund in 4 sure. I'm also growing some BC big bud along with BC NL so maybe we can compare notes.

8. i wanna see how a scrog works out with the UFO. good luck to you but it looks like you won't need it :smoking:+repp

9. Hi dark Matter, welcome aboard. I'm not sure if my BC Big Bud is crossed with anything. the original supplier wasn't exactly talkative, but it did produce some excellent smoke first time around,altho lite in yield. But I'm pretty sure I had a lot to do with that. (newbie thing lots of abuse) I had a quick look at your pics, I'll be back in a few minutes to subscribe. Your pics look a lot different than my BB but it can't hurt to compare notes, ya never what can be gained.
    Looking forward to lots of fun trying to produce a decent crop. I'm sure we can learn a little something from each other as both we, and our grows grow,lol.

10. hi popwarfour I'm hopng the scrog helps get around the lack of punch LEDS are known for to date.
    Thanks for the reps and your vote of confidence. Hope to not dissapoint. Pull up a chair and welcome.

11. #11 mistergreen, Oct 12, 2009
    hi mate wow just got caught up your grow is looking great mate .......... the scrogs got everyones attention including mine ha ha looking forward to this one gonna be good fun nice work on your grow space great stuff...........be lucky mistergreen ;) ops + reps if i can ?

12. Thanks mistergreen it's a pleasure to have you on board. Hope to get a nice packed screen with a little luck. I figure that little led needs all the help it can get so scrog it is.
    My attention is still on your grow, buddy, you're gonna have a packed house.
    Thanks for the reps or at least the thought if you can't rep me.

13. lookin good :)
    pulling up a chair :smoke:

14. #14 mmmmick, Oct 13, 2009

hello doinYoda, it's a pleasure to share your company. Welcome and please feel free to speak up if you see anything silly goin on.
    Budslingers scrogs helped me decide to do this. And may I say thats one healthy looking root mass you show in your journal. Something to aspire to. You and Mr.doinYoda,lol, are very inspiring to my newbie brain.
    Thank you for the kind comment.

15. Hey mick...how are the girls?

16. #16 mmmmick, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009

Hi doin'

they seem to like their screen quite well, starting to fill in. I think the Super Skunk is gonna be the star. She is drinking twice as fast as the other three.
    I'll probably get some pics up in a few days. Was sort of planning on weekly updates but of course the plants will detemine the update schedule. Had to tighten up the screen last night so they are all just readjusting to their new positions. I used a waxed nylon cord and it sems my knots aren't up to par:eek:. Slipping on the wax so I stapled them down.
    Pics might get to be a little boring, I'm limited to a certain perspective in that closet, but as long as the plants thrive I don't mind.:) And I have anew hobby, weaving,lol.
    Thanks for checking in:wave:

17. Hey Mick. The girls are looking GOOD!! I have no advice for you because I am a rookie to growing. but will be following your journal. Hope all is well in the Great White North

18. #18 mmmmick, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009

Hi Stik E welcome, the girls and I thank you for the compliment. :)
    I'm not far from a rookie myself so if you see anything questionable please speak up.
    yep all is well in the Great White North, eh.

First sign of snow yesterday, won't be long now. Already have a heater in the closet, but then I needed heat for a while in late June early July. Grab a seat and we'll see how things develope.
    Do you have a grow going on now, what strains etc?

19. Yes I do. I am lucky cuz I have Mr & Mrs Yoda around the corner from me. My set up is like his. I am in a cubby running a 400HPS hydro system. I am trying to do everything just like he does because I have seen his outcome. I figure I'm to new to reinvent the wheel. I didn't clone my own on this 1st grow. I was lucky enough that Yoda brought me 4 Blue hash plants from his veg room.:D I will probably start a journal soon and have some pics. I am installing a scrog in the next couple of days.

20. No such thing as too many pictures IMO :D