NewGrowNYs Organic Orgy Featuring Herijuana, Chocolope, Anesthesia and Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by newgrowNY, Aug 26, 2009.

1. #1 newgrowNY, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    Whats up GCers.... I'm getting ready to take the plunge into my second grow, but at the very early stages of preparation. This time around there will be no growing in half/half containers or various other things.

I've got all my gear from the last round, which I'll go into later, and going to make some changes and keep things better organized this round.

At this stage I'm just getting my soil ready for the grow. I'm actually going to reuse my soil :eek: Your gona do what ... I know some will say to just get new soil but for me its very difficult to get rid of.... location location location ;). The original soil I used last grow was Fox Farms Ocean Forest, no complaints - really loved the stuff, and I had mixed in about 20% perlite.

About a month ago I dumped all my pots into a few old rubbermaids, stripped the roots out, and thats were its been sitting. It was kind of cool in that the first plants I harvested had actually broken down almost all the roots and the soil was nice and rich... the remainder were a nest of fine roots which I disposed of covertly :rolleyes:. As you can see from the pics it looks pretty dead... not too much, or any, life left to it.

Rats nest of roots, and very lil soil DSCN1691.jpg

and some of the lifeless soil DSCN1685.jpg

Well thats where it starts this time.... I just picked up two 40g rubbermaids so I can better mix it up and add all the goodies to it. I've picked up some of my amendments to get it going and give it time to start "cooking" but I'll post that later on.

2. #2 newgrowNY, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
    So the soil amending / rebuilding has begun....

First thing I've added was some dehydraded manure with organic humus compost (51% manure and 49% organic humus). I broke up and blended the 25lb bag into my old soil and got it all mixed up really well.

Then I mixed in some Fafard - Shrimp and Seaweed Compost, this stuff is a lil stinky ( not too bad but it does have an odor for sure ). The mix in the bag was pretty moist so I made sure it was broken up well and then worked it into the above mix. Its a blend of peat humus and compost with the shrimp and seaweed ingredients. They didn't have detailed specs on their website, but have an email into them to see if I can get some more information.

I also had a bag of some fresh Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss to keep a nice consistency and add a lil more organic matter.

Wow.... what a difference, the mix is looking nice and rich like the original FFOF. The soil clumps nicely when squeezed in the hand but falls apart when released.... looking very good, I may need to add some more perlite when its all done but will hold off till the final mix is done.

When I'm all done with the mix I'll put up the final ratios, which I'm trying to keep carefull track of.

3. The only other things I've picked up so far are:
    Bone Meal 4-12-0
    Blood Meal 12-0-0
    Dolomite Lime - pelletized

Any advice on what amounts I should add? All in total I'm probably looking at about 80 gallons, or 11 cubic feet, of medium.

I am still planning on adding green sand, glacial rock dust, rock phosphate, and worm castings (need to get to the farmers market for the good fresh stuff).

4. Good luck with the grow man, i'll be watching. :) I like the sounnd of your soil, sounds like space soil. Cool. :cool:

5. Hey Freedom... thanks for stopping in, your welcome anytime ;) Hopefully my soil mix works out... fingers crossed.

6. oh-HOH!!! Here it is, the start of journal #2, season 2, gettin' ready to rock the fuck out! Soil mix is looking great man, looks like you're doing your homework. Hope it goes well for ya GrowNY. :smoke:

7. Hey CnC.... I'm really psyched for this round and been "planning" since before my last ended. If my wife only knew I was mixing up soil, on a tarp in the living room :eek: .... shhhhhh

I'm loosely basing my mix on 3LB's version of their soil reuse mix (They don't add compost, which I did) Edit: Actually I think they do use compost, but not manure... its just not in this particular formula.
    RECIPE #4
    Three Little Birds Method
    40 gallons used soil
    4 cups alfalfa meal
    4 cups bone meal
    4 cups kelp meal
    4 cups powdered dolomite lime
    30 pound bag of earthworm castings . . .
    That’s the basic recipe . . .
    However we also like to use
    4 cups of Greensand
    4 cups of Rock Phosphate
    4 cups of diatomaceous earth

8. My wife would kill me if she saw me doing this in the living room....

[​IMG]

I have two batches like this in 37g rubbermaids... added 1 cup of dolomite lime, ground my pellitized in coffee grinder so its a mix of fine and more course, and also added in 3/4 cup of epsom salt to each batch.

9. if this grow is anything close to your last one im going to say you have the gift man, your first grow was amazing, im looking forward to watching this one grow.

10. #11 newgrowNY, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
  11. I figured I might as well have some more seed options for my grow.... :D

So I placed an order at Attitude, for a lil pick-n-mix variety.

And the additional seeds are........ :hello::hello::hello:

x2 Greenhouse Seeds The Church Feminized
    x2 Barneys Farm Blue Cheese Feminized
    x2 G13 Labs Pure Power Feminized
    x2 DNA Genetics Chocolope Feminized (My wife and her friend had some Chocolope in Adam a few months ago, hard core smokers, and they loved it. Her friend said it had a really trippy effect for her...)

Freebies

DNA LA Woman Feminized
    DNA SOUR CREAM FEMINIZED

Ok.... seed shopping is done... check that off the list :D

12. Got my amendments to add to the mix
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. The Attitude order just came in, didn't think it was gona make it because it got to customs on the 11th... the worst day possible.... but a few days later and they are here.

So now I have all my seeds... and the fun of what to run has come.... wow thats lame

The choices are....

x10 Herijuana
    x10 Anesthesi
    x10 New Blue Diesel

x2 Greenhouse Seeds The Church Feminized
    x2 Barneys Farm Blue Cheese Feminized
    x2 G13 Labs Pure Power Feminized
    x2 DNA Genetics Chocolope Feminized

Freebies

DNA LA Woman Feminized
    DNA SOUR CREAM FEMINIZED
    Sannies Cheese/Amnesia haze
    Sannies The One x Chronic/NYCD

I need to get some info on the freebies from Sannie, I think they have it over at OG.

14. #16 newgrowNY, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    Ok... now I finally have everything I need or want... as if thats possible

My Biochar came in the other day, I got 2 types.... PureBlack, which is larger pieces and just pure charcoal... the other is CharcoalGreen, which is a charcoal based biological inoculant.

DSCN1875.jpg

My local grow shop also had Azomite, so I'm also gona throw some in the mix... and oh yea I finally got my castings... 40lbs worth.

Attached Files:

15. cool man, looking forward to seeing how this comes along. i saw ur last thread of ur first grow and was blown away, i cant believe u got such nice buds and such quantity off CFLs.

anyway im subscribed :wave:

16. I am totally following this thread. I luv seeing the nutes all stacked up on the entertainment center, very errr entertaining I guess:hello:

17. Thats like only a 3rd of all the stuff I have..lol... as long as its all put away when the wife gets home... although she doesn't complain a bit when shes smoking our own...

18. Hey, hey Newgrow. Liking what you got going on. You are going to love those worm castings for your veg, keeps the plants so lush and green. You gonna throw some fresh perlite into the mix as well?

And great selection of seeds. Blue Diesel looks :yummy: Definitely doing your own thing. Gonna be watching for some green babies.