Rubbermaid CFL Growbox

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by killatronics, Aug 13, 2009.

1. I am growing 3 plants that I have trained in a growbox made out of 2 large rubbermaids. I put 2 case fans in the sides for a little ventilation. I don't have the boxes anymore but I think the bigger light bulbs are 42 watts and the others are like 27. The soil is miracle grow, and I have given them 2 watering cycles of miracle grow bloom booster. Should I give them any more? The last watering I didn't add any nutes.

The middle plant is from some straight kill we had a while back. I think the leaves are curling from the light being too close, but I'm not sure, if anyone has a suggestion. I am thinking it might have 2-3 weeks left. The right and left ones are the same age, the right one has just grown very slow. I also have a plant and 2 seedlings outside, but I won't check on them until I need to sex, the 2 seedlings probably wont make it they were really young when I put them out. I will take pics of them the next time I'm out there.

Tell me what you think. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. #2 tylerg420, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
    miracle grow isnt the best

3. damn i didnt reallly look at the pictures much ..they are flowering already? they look good man

4. Looking nice man. PLants are looking good. Miracle grow in't a first choice but whatever works. I got a rubbermaid grow going on rite now too. You may want to look into buying a survival blanket (5$) to line the rubbermaid. You're losing a lot of lite that could be reflected back with Mylar.
    Best of Luck!

-Kyung Yi

5. The outdoor plant turned out to be female! I haven't had a single male. Here are some pics of the outdoor plant. It's just beginning to make bud. Sorry for the image quality on a few, I didn't catch it when I was taking the pics.

The best indoor plant might only have a week left, 2 tops..

I will continue to post updates

6. loos good man how you keeping that box cooled down?

7. Miracle grow works excellent, in my opinion I use a small recipe that involves miracle grow. Here it is.

50% Miracle Grow
    20% Bat Guano - High Phosphate Fertilizer
    10% Organic Seafood Fertilizer
    10% Perlite - added to your potting soil
    05% Sand (optional)
    05% Organic Mix - roots, bark, etc.

8. I have 2 case fans from a computer that I wired to 9v adaptors, one intake at the bottom and one exhaust at the top. They are moving some air, but I know that its been hot out there. The plants have done fine though..

9. More pics of the plants.. the funk has been harvested.. pics of the bud next post, don't have a wet weight..

10. pics of the bud... sorry for the light

11. Got about a quarter off of the funk, but its fucking great bud and will last a while.. just harvested another plant today...

12. looks really dank. what strain?