NY Purple Haze Grow Thread *NY Diesel*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NY Purple Haze, Jul 6, 2009.

1. #1 NY Purple Haze, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    let me start out by saying this was an outside grow that i brought inside. they were outside until 7/01/09 when i noticed some bite marks on the leaves, so i said fuck it and cleared a closet out.

6/14/09

[​IMG]

7/06/09

please dont mind the 2 plants in the white pots, they will be grown outside, so i let them stretch a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking. :smoking: looking forward to updating soon.

2. guess no1 like my plants. lol

3. Nice little NY Diesel plants. I'm definitely a Diesel fan. I have some mature Sour Diesel of my own http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/422097-first-sour-diesel-grow.html

I'd suggest getting better light for that girl, otherwise she'll keep stretching, instead of vegging. I've heard great things about high-pressure sodium lamps, and I'm using one giant metal halide light on 9 plants with outstanding results.

I'd like to see more pictures of your plant in a few weeks, maybe after you transplant it.

4. im starting the nutes today. should be a drastic change by the next time you see them. also, should i be trimming anything? sort of a noob.

5. #5 NY Purple Haze, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    so i picked up an organic liquid fertilizer called Neptunes Harvest fish and seaweed blend. it says 1oz per gallon of water, but i wanna cut this by 1/4. so if my math is correct, its 1/32 cup per 4 cups of water. can some1 confirm this? btw, i updated my lighting setup. finally got my 3rd CFL.

6. That diesels lookin pretty good so far bro...

Definately a good amount of growth in 7 days

Good luck with ya grow mayne :wave:

7. thanks. ya the plants seem to enjoy this fertilizer. im still trying to improve my lighting cycle, right now i have them on 12/12.

8. 24/0 or 18/6 is a vegtative light schedule. 12/12 is for flowering. you could cause damage to your plants (i.e. hermie) if you switch it back to vegetative light schedule when it has been in flower for a while. just thought you should know.

9. i meant 14/10. my fault. should i keep it at this or change to 18/6? reason i started out with 12/12 and worked my way up is bc they were outside for about a month and i figured that light schedule was close to 12/12.

10. You can go ahead and switch to 12/12 - as a matter of fact, you probably should at this time as they will continue to grow taller. Since you are using cfls, you probably don't want a 4 foot plant.

Also, since they are already quite stretchy, I'd start fimming them babies! Here's a good sticky on fimming: \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\tHow-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Good luck, bro!

11. :hello: thanks for the link bro. im going to do that 2nite. most appreciated!

12. i wanna improve my lighting. i only have 3 plants, what watt CFL bulbs should i be using on each 1?

13. update

fimmed the plants, transplanted into Hoffmans organic soil, and switched the lighting to 3 100w daytime CFL bulbs, 1 per plant.

14. Hey m8, from what I read 50watts a sq. ft. seems to be the optimum. I'm constructing a cab just under 4 sq. ft. with a 125watt full spectrum for veg. Then a 250watt for flower. The 250's i've found on ebay for around 60 - 70 yucks.

I was checking home depot and figured I could set myself up with 5x42watt for less than 50 bucks, but it would require building more crap lol.

15. im in the process of building a grow box. i figure i can make a 6' for around 100 bucks when all said and done.

16. #17 NY Purple Haze, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    can anyone tell me the avg time it takes to flower from sprout? its been a little over a month.

7/17/09

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bump, some1 hook me up with a comment or something. :smoke:

18. she sher looks perty :bongin:

19. does she look decent for a month old?