Pineapple express- video of new closet-help needed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LBH, Jun 14, 2009.

1. #1 LBH, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    41 yr old caregiver here. avid smoker of 25 yrs

Let's start here

My closets are under construction. I just need a few more things, hopefully suggestions I get here (fans, etc) Below os a video of the current closet status

I know the reflector hood is primitive, made it out of cardboard, fiberglass matt and mylar. Upon suggestions, I am open to HPS but this house was built in the 1800's and heat (and noise) is a huge issue. It fits very nicely up into the angle of the closet and will be suspended with a cleat and wire system than can be lowered and raised easily

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnMrNtYpn50"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

info-

5 Pineapple Expresss fem seedlings (5 days old) in peat pots

flowering room-

4x4x5 closet vented, scrubbed, mylar
    1x 250w 5000k cfl
    2x 125w 2700k cfl

veg room-

4x4x4 closet- vented
    2x125 6400k cfls

Soil they will be moved to-
    peat
    manure
    lime
    bone meal
    (trying to find blood meal still)

ANY SUGGESTIONS......I'M NEW and willing to be all ears. There's so much to learn and lots of conflicting info and multiple options, I want a good, balanced plan.

Grow Dilemma's-

Apartment, 3rd floor, closet sits above the bedroom of the woman downstairs who is VERY noise sensitive,....VERY. Fans must be quiet (if suggesting any, havent bought any of that yet)

The grow documentation-

germination and seedling pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice pics LBH. the picture of the pinapple express seeds all germed show good healthy genetics. good luck with your grow. HPS is always the way and a MH if you can too.

3. Nice work so far! You don't need hps - you can do fine with all cfl. Just don't be fooled that cfls don't emit heat!

As far as suggestions, I have two - maybe three!:D

- the bar going across the middle of the flower room MAY end up being a hindrance in the future. My first box had a 9 - 12 inch "lip" which ended up getting in the way when taking plants in and out of the box for watering and such.

- According to your video, you are planning your exhaust hole to be low on the box. That's not optimal. You want to place your exhaust at the highest point you possibly can!

- You will want to get a good squirrel cage fan or blower for your exhaust! I'd be looking for at least a 300 cfm rating for that space. You WILL need a strong fan to keep things cool as well as scrub the air! Just mount the fan on bungee cords to keep things quiet!

- you don't need an intake fan.

- Since you have to be concerned about the lady downstairs, you will need to be serious about ventilation! Invest in a good strong exhaust fan (as stated before) and invest in a good scrubber!

Good luck!

4. I like the bunji idea and will look at reconfiguring the scrubber. Thanks

When do I start with nutes? Any recommendations?

5. I start nutes after the baby (round) leaves shrivel. But I start with very diluted nutes - around 1/4 strength.

6. oh man, looks like I fuct up.

Somewhere I thought I read that we DO NOT water seedlings. Well, I think I let the lights dry out the peat pods too much. When I found this little guy in the morning, it was completely shriveled at the base, exactly where the stem meets the soil. I immediately added water, is it too late?

I also let all the other peat pods soak up a new batch of water till saturated, bad move? good move?

HELP!!

[​IMG]

7. #7 LBH, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    well, here we are,.....1 survived,lol. Part of the learning curve,....won't happen again.

So below is the 1 remaining PE, 3rd set just forming :)

[​IMG]

I also germed up 2 hash seeds, 1 AK, 4 "the Dr" and a dozen or so bagseed (not all have germed yet) from some really tasty mids.

[​IMG]

The pineapple fem is for cloning, same with the AK if it turns out to be female. The bagseed is just to get something growing, something to experiment and learn with.

Note- I am a staff member and mod on the largest bass fishing board on the net so I know how powerful of a tool a forum board is but nonetheless, I've gotten help from lots of folks here. Been here a few weeks and have only experienced very helpful, sharing folks.

This is a top notch, well run board and my hat is off to the staff and membership. A quick THANK YOU is in order and I appreciate your patience with me.

8. Really dig your set-up :D! I have a closet under my staircase that looks very similar to yours but I can't grow in it (I keep mine upstairs). I'm also a bit of a fisherman, mostly trout though. Sorry to hear about the 4 that didn't make it, hopefully the last PE will be a monster! Grow...grow...grow!

9. closet update

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v311/rustyhooks/?action=view&current=room2.flv]room2.flv video by rustyhooks - Photobucket[/ame]

10. UPDATE VIDEO

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v311/rustyhooks/?action=view&current=6-24.flv]6-24.flv video by rustyhooks - Photobucket[/ame]

11. Nice Video's
    Good Luck with the sick PE
    What Video camera and editing software are you using?
    RU shooting on SD cards or Tape?

12. Hey man I really like your idea for the closet. good stuff. What kind of lighting are you going to be using for flowering? And im lovin the video updates:hello: keep that shit up!
    Hope that PE can pull through hate to see go. Good luck with the plants

Happy Growing

*subscribed

13. dude i just watched your last video, you are retarded

14. #14 LBH, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
    Actually, I have a rather high IQ, but I do work with the mentally handicapped. You sir, on the other hand, are just ignorant.

If you have a comment about the set up, post it, if you just need a place to look like an idiot, pick another thread please.

mokkie-I have 2 more of the 125 w cfls in 6400k. Not the greatest but I'm making due with what I have to work with.

77401-PM sent

15. Nice setup LBH. If you can lower your CFL lights even more to about 4" above the ladies for a bit as it should speed up growth even more. I just got finished with the fan setup on my grow box and will be adding the T5 HO bulbs this weekend so I am almost ready myself to start PE also. Good luck with that grow.:smoke:

16. Gotchya, so 4-6" for the cfl's and 12-18" for hps + mh? (looking into hps)

Thanks

17. Poor troll. Don't cry.

Moving on.....

18. it's all good dude i'm not a troll, ak infinity is just a mod doing his job, i was just insulted by the way you are caring for your plants... there should be a social services for cannabis plants when you aren't caring for them correctly they should be taken away from you ;) so, ya report me cry a river i.d.g.a.f... i must of really hurt your feelings and i wasn't trying to. no beef man...could i suggest how you better care for your pineapple express???

19. i suggest getting a cheap and effective HPS sun system

20. If you read the beginning, the main issue here is heat. My house was built in 1865, a bit dry and this is in a closet. I was actually thinking of lining the closet with fireboard and getting an even bigger hps and MH set up. I went with the cfls strictly for heat and I know they still produce heat, but it's nothing like the hps stuff.

As for cooling the HPS stuff, I have to keep the noise very low. I rent the floor below me to an older woman who is extremely sound sensitive and the closet is directly over her bed.

Seriously, I sneeze and she'll call to see if I'm alright, She's a PITA but a great tenant

so, noise and heat are my dilemma's

This is just a test grow also, I have 4 other properties, 2 are empty right now, 1 has a garage. If all goes well and the properties stay empty, I'll move the operation over there and get rolling with a few 1000w hps set ups.

ps- IQ is 121, nothing crazy but I'm sure I can figure this stuff out. Don't prosecute me for taking some bad advice, it's all part of the learning cyrve.