1st grow ever! Auto blueryder 400hps closet grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by legalizeandgrow, May 19, 2009.

1. OKAY first time ever growing anything!!! Luckily for me my partner in crime has a green thumb , not with hydroponics however :(

I have a 8 x 8 x 10 closet, with a 400 watt HPS, plenty of fans sucking, blowing, and pushing (yeaaaaaaaa)

I got 10 auto blueryders from attitude, five have germinated, this is day 2

ive been watering out of a two and a half gallon jug mixed with one drop of super thrive

I welcome any advice, seriously I have no clue what I'm doing, what should i be doing? lol

i heard of the 20-4 schedule for autos is good, should that be the schedule all the way thru? even as a seedling?

ANY AND ALL ADVICE WELCOME!!! wish me luck guys!!

btw this forum rocks, ill never waiste another minute on the internet doing absolutley nothing when I can always learn something new right here in the city! you guys are great! :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i plan to transplant into higromite when they are old enough! i have earth juice grow and bloom but i duno wtf i should use it for

3. sixth auto blueryder just popped! awesome!

4. Nice man! Good luck on this grow. They should thrive with that 400w. I'll be watching bro :D

5. thanks need all the luck i can get!! lol

Day 3 in the pics below- SIX have popped up, i see two more trying desperatley so thats good, and the other two are hiding

Attached Files:

6. whats good brotha... im currently growing ak47 x lowryder too in a hydro unit... mines an aerogarden tho...

good luck with your grow and stop by my journal for some help and insight... you might find an answer before you need to ask a question... just click the link in my sig... im about a week ahead of you so hopefully youll learn from the mistakes i make...

7. thanks yo good idea. i checked your journal before ima check it again to make sure im on the right path. hopefully in a few months we'll be posting great smoke reports on this biiiatch!:smoking:

8. this site is so helpful... ive had so many issues that i easily found answers too by just looking through old threads, thanks gc!

update

day 4

Im impressed with the white widow its already sprouted up after one night

the auto blueryders are popping and one of them stands tall, i need to name her for i feel she is going to bring me good luck!

still not much going on but this little bit of growth has been more than exciting to me haha

im still workin on my temps tho im in the south and temps climb to the 90s in the room with ease so i've had to crack my door and let the heat out... im going to get a can fan and some other shit because right now i just have a bunch of regular fans blowing, no exhaust or anything.. so thats my number one priority.. enough babbling heres day 4

Attached Files:

9. bro they look like theyre stretching something crazy right now... how far away is your light???

10. oh shit really? how far away should it be at this stage? im estimating but i think there about 4 to 5 ft away !! heeeeeeeeeeeelpppp ya homie out!!! ahhhh

11. Okay so i lowerd the light, i duno how low i should put it but i took a pic

Attached Files:

12. Use the hand method. Put your hand in where the plants will be underneath where the light is. If your hand can stand the heat from the light where its at then its should be fine. if you need something more specific im sure you can find it in the search function

13. thanks cuzzo

i need to do some more research too cuz i didnt even realize they were stretching or reaching or whatever

14. When you go to transplant them bury some of that stem under the ground...;)

15. oh i didnt even think of that! it wont hurt them eh?

thanks for the help !!

16. nope.. no prob'.

17. okay i'm super high right now. ive reached a great level of 'zootedness' ! i lowered my light, i think i'm comfortable, i did 3 feet... i don't know about the hand thing because my hands fucked up, i don't feel temps right lol

i was holding my hand directly under the light before i realized it was hot, so i figure 3 ft is playing it safe but it should be enough light

if anyone thinks otherwise call me out!! it would help! lol

18. i duno if they are still stretching but it hasnt been long since i lowered my light

i took pics , prolly no different from the last i suppose

Attached Files:

19. Yeah 3 feet shall be fine on those babies. I would have started them under floro tubes if possible for 2-3wks. But instead just keep it at 3 feet till they fill the gap to 2feet.
    Good luck!