CFL/HPS grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Wrex, May 6, 2009.

1. #1 Wrex, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    Hey every one this is my first grow but i have done ALOT of research so im pretty rdy for this lol. but anyways here's our (me and my bro) setup (pics coming soon).

Veg Room
    5'long x 4' wide x 4' high
    9 holes cut in the top for lighting
    4 holes cut in the bottom of 1 end cap and 4 cut at the top of the other (extra ventilation)
    started with 1 role of mylar and it covers most but i ran out of money so it will be a little bit before i can finish everything up with it.
    16 X 42 watt 6500k CFL (maximum power)
    1 X 100watt 6500k CFL
    1 X oscilating fan =D

Flower Room
    6' X 6' X 8'
    1 X unknow power HPS it was a donated item. Looks like a 400watt not sure though
    1 X oscilating fan

Nutes
    Superthrive
    Sonic Bloom (folier feed) this is something that was espically made to maximize growth and flowering potential. There is a sound unit that goes along with it that stimulates the plants pours so that it can fully absorb the Folier spray. I will tell everyone whats in it exactly after i get off work today.

Soil
    Special soiless medium that works great =P

ok so there will be the first pics after work today so everyone can sit in anticipation =P:smoke:

2. Ok sorry everyone i had some camera issues last night (faulty battery) so i picked up another one and i will post pics after work today.

I was stoned as fck last time i posted so i forgot to mention the actual plants lol. I have 4 plants atm. 2 of them are reaching a month ( they were under minimal light so not as fast growth) and the others are just babies. I started lst on one of them yesterday and am excited to check it out. SO SOMEONE give me some feedback =D

3. FINALLY pics i need some input people comon

Attached Files:

4. Hey Wrex. Plants looks like they are starting off good. It could be me or the pics but it looks like you need to get a couple of your lights more over the top of your plants. You have alot of shadow area around your babies. And whats up with the third pic. (your baby is all laying over) Anyways Ive pulled up a set for this one. I love SOUR D man. Best of luck with your grow.:smoke:

5. #5 Wrex, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    well the plant that it lying down has had LST started on it and man does it love it. Also the other i just call it (p1) has had LST started on it yesterday. The babies have their own little light setup thats lower then everything else. the other lights tend to spin with the fan so it spreads over everything. Lol going into that box is like seeing jeasus its so bright. I cant wait till we get the 100w and 42w in there =P

p.s. pics will come once (thursday) a week at the latest, i like to keep everyone on the edge of their seats lol

6. OK daily update come to you now

So the Lst is already getting pretty extensive after only 2 days haha. I find myself having to reposition my tie downs and adding 1 or 2 every 24hours. There is already a pretty good bud site formed on both of them =D (multiple on p1). Still have to go to home depot to get something for those 42 wat cfls need some kinda special mount so idk lol, also gotta get the big 100w ballest =D. WEll there will be pics coming tomorrow cause a week is just to long to wait they change so much everyday =D

7. looks real good man! welcome to GC :smoke:

8. Thanks man wait till u guys see the updated pics 2morro you guys r gonna shit a brick lol:hello: BONG RIPS! lol:smoke:

9. UPDATE!!! with pics.
    Alright everyone here are some updates please give me as much imput (positive or negative) as possible =D ok im off still waiting to get 100w ballast *sigh*. it sucks when you have the bulb but cant hook it up haha

Attached Files:

• p1.jpg
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      294.3 KB
      Views:
    • p1.1.jpg
      p1.1.jpg
      File size:
      130 KB
      Views:
    • p1.2.jpg
      p1.2.jpg
      File size:
      159 KB
      Views:
    • p2.jpg
      p2.jpg
      File size:
      171.4 KB
      Views:
    • p2.1.jpg
      p2.1.jpg
      File size:
      241.3 KB
      Views:
    • p3.jpg
      p3.jpg
      File size:
      210.3 KB
      Views:
    • p3.1.jpg
      p3.1.jpg
      File size:
      145 KB
      Views:
    • SD.jpg
      SD.jpg
      File size:
      152.6 KB
      Views:
  10. It does look like they are taking to the Lst good man. Gotten alot bigger since the last pics. Looking good man. :bongin:

11. Thanks man ya they are taking great to the LST. The first one is tending to be alot bushier thn the 2nd though i like that =P i am going to most likely make P1 the mother plant and mabey the SD depending on if it survives. It was given to me by a friend that started it in his window haha and it was almost dead when i got it but i think im reviving it nicely =D. Decided to flush out the SD today cause i think it got some nut water on accident so it should be ok now =D:hello:. time to smoke a bowl:smoke:

12. Up Date

Alright everyone so everything is lookin awsome and is taking to lst extemely well. the SD is not going to die !!! i saved that son of a bitch so im stoked but ya pictures coming thursday after sonic bloom feeding =D
    :hello:

13. Wrex man, glad to here your sd is making:D. Can't wait to see the pics on Thursday dude. So you starting flowering here soon?

14. actually im planning on making one of the 2 main plants a mother and hopefully flowering the other =P. So what im thinking of doing is waiting about 1 more week then i will top the 2 main plants and use those for clones. I will root the clones and then immediatly put them into flowering to c which one is male or female. Then i can just tell which was female and grow it out and take more clones =D

so id say in 2-3weeks i will be putting clone into flowering depending on how fast it roots, or i fail and have to wait lol.

:hello:

15. UPDATE

Alright the moment you have all been waiting for PICTURES so without further ado

Everything is looking great plant number 1 now has 8+ tops haha and plant number 2 has almost 4 tops:hello::smoking:

The SD is doing awsome it looks like a very light green cause of the lights in that pic but is really a healthier dark green =D. WEll that is about all i can report atm so everyone enjoy.

Attached Files:

16. Alright everyone i got the 100w up and running now with some of the other clamp lights for side lighting. We also got the 2 42w or 43w w/e im stoned. But ya im gonna hook the other up tomorrow. the plants r looking great.

17. Nice plants man, I like your grow box too..

18. Thanks custom built =P.

Ok everyone i made a DIY bubble cloner last night after i hooked up the 100w so looking foward to cloning

19. ANother update. I successfully wired the 2X 42w fixtures so now i have the 100w and 2x 42w and some clamp on lights

20. well the bubble cloner is working from what i can tell. I thought for sure i had cut the clones to short and they were going to die but hells no they r both lookin great today.:hello: