First indoor grow ever and I'm going organic.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by weatherboxes, May 1, 2009.

1. #1 weatherboxes, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    Hello all. The time has come for me to start my first grow diary. I am looking forward to a very successful first grow this year. All of your input is greatly appreciated. I will explain the indoor grow first.

Indoor setup:
    1. 400w mh/hps yieldmaster II hood with digital ballast
    2. 4 inch can fan exhaust running from the hood out the top of my box
    3. 1 x oscillating fan
    4. 2 x 4 inch passive intakes
    5. Fox farm ocean forest soil
    6. Tea mixture/nutes soon to come
    The box's temp fluctuates between 68-76 degrees fahrenheit. Currently I am vegetating one fem purple lady (g13) and one fem white rhino (greenhouse seed co) on an 18/6 light schedule. I will eventually be scrog-ing both plants at 12 inches.

Under the 400wMH at two weeks:
    The Purple Lady is looking funny today. There are brown spots on top of some of the lower leaves as well as the tips of the true leaves. Could this be nutrient burn or a nutrient deficiency? She is also looking a bit droopy today and the lights just now went back on for another 18hrs.
    The White Rhino's leaves are wide as hell and looking healthy as can be.
    I just transplanted them both into 3 gallon pots yesterday with 80% fox farms ocean forest, 20% worm castings, 1tbsp organic starter fertz, and 1/2tbsp blood meal.
    Both plants are only 3-4 inches tall.

Here are pics of the two week update anyways: (#1 the box, #2,3 Purple Lady)

EDIT: For some reason picture #4 of the white rhino will not upload.. It is the healthy plant though so I'll try to upload it later. Thanks you all!

Attached Files:

2. looking goods so far? Are you lovely ladies going to be mommy's or are you just going to flower never really seen an organic grow so im pulling up a chair for this one:smoking:

3. glad you are pullin' up a chair. i am going to flower them both. what do you think of the discoloration in the leaves of the plant? i havent been able to upload pics of my other plant which is perfectly healthy.. but they were started in 4 inch pots with just organic fox farms soil and yesterday i gave them the their three gallon final resting pots with extra worm castings, organic starting fertz, and blood meal. so if it was a deficiency it should correct itself over the next couple of days.

4. #4 Lillytrees, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    it looks like when mine had a ph problem but than again i dont work with soil. So i can't say for sure sorry not to be more help. but if it is deficiency that sure fix it

Oh are you going to be l.s.t them cause that box dosent look like it can go full size

5. hmmm... hopefully i get some answers soon i hate not knowing what is up. i am going to be LST/SCROG both so ill be fine with height.

6. sweet so much easier than it looks pretty sure a trained monkey could do it the training that is growing herb turned out to be harder than it looked. normaly i hate garding but i can't wait to go in my indoor garden and see my babies.

7. #7 weatherboxes, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    im the same way.. so i added 1tbsp organic lime to each pot indoors today and 2tbsp to the outdoor because of its size. hopefully this corrects what looks like cal / mag deficiency.

here's the pic of the other indoor plant and the outdoor rando bagseed sorry they wouldn't upload last time:

Attached Files:

8. they look so sexy and looking good :hello: im glade your problem's were fixed

9. #9 weatherboxes, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    Sorry I have slacked so much on the updates. Here are some pictures of the plants a little over a week and a half ago when I topped them. I LST'd them shortly after so I should have my camera back tonight and be able to take some bushy pics. The plants are looking great imo! What do you all think? Also as of today 2 x thai super skunk sucessfully germed and ready to join my grow this spring/summer. More pics soon to come!

EDIT: The first two pictures are of the white rhino. The last two are of the purple lady (This haze & indica cross is extremely sensitive. I would not recommend this for a first grow it's testing me as a first timer for sure).

Attached Files:

10. Ok so I LST'd the white rhino and the purple lady a week and one day ago. They are getting mighty bOOOshy. Today I topped two of the new growths on each bush right after I took these pictures. I am thinking about topping two more tomorrow and so on to reduce the stress factor. What do you guys think? Should I top less often or does that seem ok? I also ran to the hydro store and picked up some goodies to feed my ladies with. The two thai super skunks are in the middle of the first picture. Neither has sprouted yet. They will eventually be moved outdoors. Come now people! I need more support! :wave:

P.S. I plan on doing a SCROG only to increase yield and keep the plants lower during flowering do you all think its worth it on top of LST?

Attached Files:

• dos.jpg
      dos.jpg
      File size:
      98.2 KB
      Views:
    • pl.jpg
      pl.jpg
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    • wr.jpg
      wr.jpg
      File size:
      108.6 KB
      Views:
    • guds.jpg
      guds.jpg
      File size:
      92.1 KB
      Views:
  11. :confused: No love guys? Damn my feelings are kind of hurt.. :(

12. here is another one week update. these pics are with the lights on for a change. i have yet to install my screen for scrog. i expect to have that done within the week. i also picked up a bottle of blackstrap organic molasses and gave them their first feeding of that two days ago. they seem to be loving it. i have been pruning only dead and unhealthy looking leaves and some very low growth to allow more fresh air under the canopy... nothing too dramatic. everything seems lush and green. the very light green tips on the purple lady are normal during early growth. they resume a darker forest green as they grow larger. i did notice a cracked leaf on the purple lady that seems to be getting worse can you spot it? i hope its nothing to be worried about. both thai super skunk seedlings are growing steadily now. i will also be receiving 1 or 2 free northern lights clones to add to this grow soon. please let me know what you all think!?

Attached Files:

• pl1.jpg
      pl1.jpg
      File size:
      115.1 KB
      Views:
    • wr1.jpg
      wr1.jpg
      File size:
      114.4 KB
      Views:
    • dos1.jpg
      dos1.jpg
      File size:
      97.2 KB
      Views:
    • tss.jpg
      tss.jpg
      File size:
      99.8 KB
      Views:
  13. screen installed. fugly plant pics..

Attached Files:

• dos2.jpg
      dos2.jpg
      File size:
      216.8 KB
      Views:
    • pl2.jpg
      pl2.jpg
      File size:
      220.1 KB
      Views:
    • wr2.jpg