aerogarden pro200 afghan kush autoflower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xspiggax, Apr 21, 2009.

1. whats really good grasscity... been posting here for a minute but this is my first grow journal... i wanted to complete an aerogarden grow because so many people start them and never finish...

big ups to Kbfl0912 and boricuapuffer by the way for holding me down with answers to all my questions no matter how dumb

so anyways i got a pack of world of seeds feminized afghan kush ryder from attitude...

theyre germinating as i type this (cant wait for those little fuckers to pop) im gonna put them in my brand new aerogarden pro 200 and i got two 150w equiv. cfls to put on each side. im only germing 2 seeds right now because i dont think the rez can fit the roots of more than 2 well developed plants...

i have an airstone and pump in there and got some advanced nutrients on the way...

i welcome and thank you in advance for all comments advice and criticism (just dont be a dick please) this IS my first time so when my seeds pop there will be an update and some pics.... 4/21

2. alright man sounds good. i havn't heard of this strain yet so im looking forward to seeing how it goes. good luck!

3. Just be careful when using fem seeds. All fem seed packs come from hermi plants. With them you are garaunteed no males but you are not garaunteed no hermi plants. They are still less likely than males but they them selves produce pollen and are much harder to sex than male and female plants because they have both male and female parts. look up the cannabis grow bible for more info on the hermite condition.

4. I wanna see the nugs that come out of this :)

5. Il have the same afghan kush ryder seeds, feminized as well. I'm doing one at a time, and have a little sprout now and I like to believe my set-up is pretty fair. I'm a little worried however from the problems I've seen arise from this strain. Ok, so only two so far, but they're the only two grows I have been able to find! Hopefully though all goes well, I'm a wishful thinker. And, we're startting right around the same time, so I'll keep you posted of how mine's doing. In fact, I'll make a journal. Best of luck to you!

6. thanks for stopping by guys... unfortunately i dont have anything good to post as of yet i gotta wait til i get outta work to see if my magic beans popped...

nosmoke-- whered you find other grows with this strain? i looked pretty hard but couldnt find anything... ah well fuck it... people will see ours then no? i think its good youre doing a soil grow and im doin a hydro grow...

mizzurked-- you and me both brotha... 9 weeks plus cure time is gonna drive me crazy... im not what youd call a patient man... in face my entire life has been built of the principle of instant gratification

dannabismonkey-- thanks for the heads up man... ill have to keep and eye on that... well you will too cuz the pics will be up here bro haha

i only put the seeds to germ in a tupperware container with paper towel and water blah blah blah you know the deal... last night so if im lucky the taproot will be showing tonite and i can put those fuckers in.... well ill fill you in when theres some news

7. hey guys please comment on my journal also. i am a newbie and could use the help.
    i am also growing the auto afgan kush and pak kush. i am using EBB and Flo right now with GH nutes.

xspiggax hey man looks like i am about 2 weeks ahead of you. lets keep an eye on each other see how things go. this is my 1st grow and we can both share some knowledge. i am excited to see your results because i am looking into getting a aerflo asap. they seem like they would be great for autos. also i wanna see how u are doing your nutes cause i am still alil unsure how much and when for these autos??

after i transplanted from the heat dome into my hydrotron the Ph was about 7 for a few days and i think the shock stunted my grownth for a few days. noe everything looks ok (as far as i know haha)

happy growing bro!!!!!:hello:

Auto flower Kush-- 1st time
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...yder-1st-grow-please-comment.html#post4442703

8. i got advanced nutrients... micro, grow, bloom, big bud, bug blood, and liquid carbo load... ill pay attention to both your guys grows as well cuz im sure we can all learn from each other... this is my 1st grow so i got alot to learn...

i hear youre not supposed to give nutes til 2-2.5 weeks in and from there its all flowering nutes... id say start and 1/4 of the reccomended dosage and gradually work your way up from there

9. April 22nd
    So i went home during my break from work to check on my seeds... one of them had popped so i stuck her in the aerogarden with a dome over her...

the lighting is on a timer for 20/4 with the pump and airstone running 24hours...

i hope when i get home the other seed is ready to go... i dont want too much of a time difference between em ya kno?

one of my 150w equiv 2700k cfl bulbs fuckin shattered in my hand so that kinda sucks... i gotta go get another one its being replaced by a 90w equiv 6300k cfl for now... so i guess i need to by band aids and light bulbs... wack

10. Hey man, found a nice grow that should give us some motivation

404 Errorryder-afghan.html

11. #12 kbfl0912, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    Hey there! I will be sitting in for this one. That strain sounds interesting. Sounds like you have everything in place as far as nutes, etc. You are on the right track! Oh, and by the way...I have never had feminized seeds hermie on me. Heard that it happens, but have never seen it personally. Good luck! :smoke:

12. ok so one of my girls was a dud and the roots never took off... so im down to one plant in there... she hasnt broken thru yet but her root development in coming along nicely... theyre finally breaking the surface of the water in the rez... cant wait til i have some pics for you guys

13. Spigga, that's the same thing that happened to me man. Goddamn roots never took off. Why? I have no clue but I'm germinating another one and have changed my soil to gardeners gold, and now have a way, way better set-up than my last. Should be something exciting now :cool:

14. xspiggax,

just wanted to wish you good luck on your grow! i've never really followed a grow journal before, but your setup looks solid and you seemed to have done your homework! gj and i hope to start posting on gc more!

15. Subscribed bro. I just put 1 afghan kush ryder in the dirt yesterday. Be nice to see a couple journal of this new strain.

Good luck, keep it green :smoking:

-Danky

16. #17 xspiggax, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    4/29
    So last night my girl finally popped her head out... so excited...

i went and got a replacement bulb for the 2700k one that broke but i think till she shows sex im gonna leave the 6500k one in...

advanced nutes should be here in about 5 days...

so as of this moment i have no worries...

i also bought a hanna ph pen and a ec/tds pen... someone told me theyre both very important to a hydro grow

Attached Files:

17. whats good kbfl? keep an eye on this one as youre the reason its happening...

whats up new guys thanks for stopping by the xspiggax show... todays episode brought to you by aerogarden...

nosmoke... i dunno what it is... maybe its because its a newer strain its not stabile yet or what... but i got the 3 pack of fem seeds... one never germed... and out of the 2 that did only this one sprouted... and when i checked the rez the other still look a freshly germinated seed no root development at all... hopefully we still get some killer smoke from the survivors tho..

the pics i have up there i took at about 10am... its 315pm now and it has already grown even more... this is gonna be the longest 9 weeks of my life...

18. #19 kbfl0912, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009

I'm here! I subscribed to your thread. Did you germinate them and then put them in the pods, or did you put the seeds straight into the pods and tried to germinate them there? Do they have tap roots? What made you decide the other two weren't going to germinate? And, good decision on getting the hanna instruments.

Oh, and on these autoflowering strains....I have better luck germinating them in a glass of water and not the paper towel method. I just plop mine in the water and let them sink. I even let them get a good tap root going in the water before putting them into the pods. Use distilled water, so when you transfer them, they aren't in shock. Some strains like wet feet, some don't. Maybe it's the ruderalis that these autoflowers are crossed with, but try germinating them in water. Once you get a nice tap root going, there should be no problems.

19. #20 xspiggax, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    i used the paper towel method... one of them was in there for well over 4 days with absolutely no taproot while the other 2 germinated... i germed first and then put them in the pods

i then planted the two survivors and would occasionally open up the rez to see how the roots were doing... the one that wasnt developing really pissed me off after a while so i opened up the spongey thing (uhh growing media?) and the seed looked exactly the same as it did the night i put it in there... the taproot hadnt grown at all... it was still the 1/8in it was when i stuck it in there...

in retrospect perhaps a should have been a little more patient with it but when the other ones roots were growing and this ones werent i said fuck it... ironically the one growing in there now was the one i dropped and had a bunch of lint and shit stuck to it... i thought for sure it was a goner

when this plants done i got a bunch of ak47x lowryder2 to stick in there so we'll see how it goes