Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by franklinspank, Apr 13, 2009.

1. #1 franklinspank, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    GROW ROOM-

• 600w HPS
    • GH 3x3 Ebb and Flow table and reservoir
    • 250 GPH Active-Aqua Pump
    • 6" 424 CFM GrowBright Can Fan W/ 6" Ducting
    • Lasko Oscillating Fan (small)
    • Lasko Ceramic Tower Digital Thermostat Heater
    • Bionaire Digital Humidifier
    • Digital Timers from H.D.

• Milwaukee SM-802 ph/ec/tds Meter
    • GH Nutes FloraGro/ FloraMicro/ FloraBloom
    • Purified Water from the Store (gallons)
    • 4' T5 4-Bulbs 216 watts

SEEDS-

• (12) World of Seeds AUTOFLOWERING Afgan Kush Ryder
    • (12) World of Seeds AUTOFLOWERING Pakistan Ryder

3/27
    I started to germinate all (24) seeds
    (9) Pakistan Ryder and (8) Afgan Ryder made the cut.

4/1
    I put the good seeds into Rapid Rooter Plugs and into the hot dome.

4/9
    After about 9 days under the 24hr T5s i transplanted to 5 inch Square Containers filled with Hydroton. Added alil FloraGro ph 7.0 ppm 320

4/11 Ph at 7.0 and ppm at 260. Flushed water. New water with 260 ppm and 5.6 ppm

4/13 Plants have not grown in about a week... Whats wrong????

Attached Files:

2. 4/13

temp-77
    hum-33
    ph-5.6
    ppm-300
    lights 18/6 at 24 inches from the plants.

Plants arent looking so good. Yellowing on leaves and no growth in days.
    they havent grown a bit in at least 5 days.

Any help guys????
    thx.

Attached Files:

3. ive got the afghan kush seeds you have in an aerogarden now check my journal

4. Give them time I'd say..

5. Day 22

Most of the plants look alil better. they have started to grow again.
    i am seeing some odd curling on the leaves.
    i though it might be from heat or over-watering.
    so i am now watering 3 times a day for 10 minutes a flood
    the light is about 16 inches away and i feel no burn on my hand at all.
    the 424 cfm can fan i have keeps everything very cool.

temp- 72-84 all day long
    hum- 25 -55 ( the can fan sucks alot out)
    ph- 6.0
    ppm- 760

any ideas guys???? some are still very small and look weird...
    thnaks alot for the help guys.
    sorry for the blurry pics. i will am working on that.

-Franklin

Attached Files:

6. #6 franklinspank, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    hey- MiZZuRKeD and xspiggax...
    thanks for the help.
    please check back soon...
    -Franklin

7. You were feeding them waaay too much which is why they didn't grow. They were getting burned. How do the roots look?

Also those pots don't have holes in them, how does the water get to the roots? I would drill holes all around them or get some net pots so the water gets to the roots better.

I'd recommend the net pots, and get some more hydroton to fill the table so the roots dont see light.

8. Pulling up a seat, we're in this one together man! haha.

Hey, I would think you, me and spiggax are pioneers of growing this strain, let's see what we can do

9. #9 Arnold420, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    I agree with Jim Dunlop. Overfeeding for sure. Check my first journal, i had to deal with the same SHIT! Give them some plain PHed water till they start to look better, then start with 1/4 of the strenth nute solution of what you were giving them. Also, i dont believe you need to be feeding that many times in early stages. Try flooding 1 time a day, 2 at the most till they get bigger then add some flood cycles.

Hope this helps!

10. Careful with that heater. I had the EXACT same one! The cord burnt up and started a fire. Not kidding I was so pissed off, but it only burnt the outlet of a heavy duty industrial contractor grade surge protector. I dont know why, be careful!

11. Hey man, it all looks great, but like jim said your feeding them way to much.

Ill stop by next time you update to check it out! :wave:

12. Looking better. Drooping is either from over or under watering. Do what Jim says, he knows his shit and don't go over 5.8 on the pH.

13. Nice looking setup dude, looks like you have some great help onboard!

Good luck

14. Day 23

ok the plants look a little worse today. the leaves are drooping on more plants. but after reading your comments i bet it is over watering. Until last week i was flooding the table every 2 hours for 10 minutes then someone suggested going 4 times a day for 15 minutes. now i am gonna go with 1 or 2 times a day for about 10 minutes. how does this sound to you guys??

The ppm are about 700 PH 5.9 and they are 3 weeks old.
    My RO water system just arrived today i ordered from E-Bay.
    So i can drain the res. and lower the ppm if you guys think that is a better idea.

Jim Dunlop Re: Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!
    \t\tYou were feeding them waaay too much which is why they didn't grow. They were getting burned. How do the roots look?

Also those pots don't have holes in them, how does the water get to the roots? I would drill holes all around them or get some net pots so the water gets to the roots better.

I'd recommend the net pots, and get some more hydroton to fill the table so the roots dont see light. \t

Thanks jim-
    The pots do have about 8 holes or so on the bottom. i know they flood/fill ok and quick, but i dont know about the drainage. I cut down to water just once a day and maybe twice a day after those leaves start to look better. do you think these pots will be ok or should i just go get some net pots and forget these things.

community Re: Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!
    Careful with that heater. I had the EXACT same one! The cord burnt up and started a fire. Not kidding I was so pissed off, but it only burnt the outlet of a heavy duty industrial contractor grade surge protector. I dont know why, be careful!

WOW! Thanks for the warning. I was really worried about using a heater in my attic. i searched around for this one cause it was reported as safe.(haha) The same thing happened to my old heater while i was sitting 3 feet from it. the cord melted and started to spark and then a fire. i was sitting right there and put the fire out right away but if i wasnt there. haha my house wont be here now. i lived in a small city with old building and have seen space heaters destroy many many homes. so really thanks for the heads up. i am gonna use it much less now.

Arnold420 Re: Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!
    I agree with Jim Dunlop. Overfeeding for sure. Check my first journal, i had to deal with the same SHIT! Give them some plain PHed water till they start to look better, then start with 1/4 of the strenth nute solution of what you were giving them. Also, i dont believe you need to be feeding that many times in early stages. Try flooding 1 time a day, 2 at the most till they get bigger then add some flood cycles.

Hope this helps! \t

Thanks Arnold-
    I now think i was going crazy with watering them.
    i cut it down to 1 or 2 times a day. lets see if this helps.
    thx.

SmknVTEC
    SEMS1
    Usual_suspect
    nosmoke

-Thanks for stopping by and commenting. please keep checking in buds...

Thx
    Franklin-

Attached Files:

15. I was just wondering if you ever rinsed those clay pebbles off before using as they need rinsed off really good or the leave a film behind for quite some time.Can effect ph and what not. Everyone else has you covered on everything else. So i was just wondering about that.

16. Glassnugz Re: Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!
    I was just wondering if you ever rinsed those clay pebbles off before using as they need rinsed off really good or the leave a film behind for quite some time.Can effect ph and what not. Everyone else has you covered on everything else. So i was just wondering about that.

Hey Glassnugz,, yah i actually took a shower with them. haha
    They were given to me and were used in a different grow. They still have some of that white stuff build-up. I washed them as best i could. i got alot of dirt and red dust off them but i still see a little white stuff on the hydroton. but i had them in the showe for at least 1/2 hour and the ph does'nt seem to go up and down too much. i am pretty steady in the 5.8-6.0 range. i hope they are clean enough. my res doesnt have too much film on the bottom.
    Thanks--please keep checking back G-nugz.
    -Franklin

17. That white stuff is calcium and salt build up on them. Happens naturally from tap water. Next time get a 5 gallon jug and go to a water stand you wont get that cal build up. That could be causing some of the problems your seeing to much cal or mag can cause a lock out of other nutes mainly N which causes lower leaf to die off as they are stripped of everything to feed the rest of plant.

18. try to lower ph a .1 or .2 and use almost pure water for a few days to a week maybe over watering slightly over on the nutes caused the slow growth and slight yellow

19. Glassnugz Re: Autoflower Kush Ryder 1st Grow Please Comment!!
    That white stuff is calcium and salt build up on them. Happens naturally from tap water. Next time get a 5 gallon jug and go to a water stand you wont get that cal build up. That could be causing some of the problems your seeing to much cal or mag can cause a lock out of other nutes mainly N which causes lower leaf to die off as they are stripped of everything to feed the rest of plant.

Just to be clear that white stuff was on the hydroton before because they were used in 1 or 2 other grows and then given to me for free from a friend. I washed them really well in warm water for at least 1/2 hour the water runs clear right thru the pot. but there is still a little build up on some of the hydroton. i couldnt wash off. I use bottled water that i PH to 5.8 right now.
    (just got RO system today) but i dont think i have had any new build up since i planted.

Do you think me not using brand new Hydroton could be an issue?
    Thx

20. Hey man, i dont think you even have to water them that much. Try less, it cannot hurt. Maybe that will straighten those up a bit and get you back. Ive seen many plants go from stressed to perfect in a short amount of time, so i think you should be fine.

keep us updated!