Auto Ak-47,White Dwarf,Blueberry,HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by squigglybears, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Ok here we go everyone, first indoor grow, but i have a few outdoor grow under my belt. Seeds came from Attitude seed bank (10 auto ak47), great service, great prices. I will also have another grow of feminized auto white dwarfs soon once other light gets here. Heres a list of my supplies:

Soil-Fox Farms Ocean Forest (no added mediums)
    Light- 150 W HPS right now, an additional 400W HPS is on its way as i write this post.
    Nutrient + Additives- General Hydroponics FloraNova Series= 1 part grow =(7-4-10), 1 part flower =Bloom (4-8-7).Also using GH's Floralicious (1-1-1) as an additive during mid/late flowering.
    Container Size- Using 3 gallon plastic planters.

This is a basic closet grow, dimensions are 3ft x 3ft for first area (where my 400w HPS will be put), and the 150W HPS will be put in the other area (3ft x 2ft) - i know im kinda stretching the size for the 150W HPS, but $$ is tight right now. -hope to supplement with additional CFL's. Room is painted in flat white, so light should reflect very well.

I just started germination today (Jan 29th), hoping all 10 be germinate successfully. I will update tommorow with results.

Pictures will be posted tommorow when i introduce germinated seeds to pots.

Also, I have a cloned female white widow (now about a month old) that will also be put in the same environment,etc.

Any comments, questions, pointers are apprecciated, just dont be too harsh..after all this is my first indoor grow. :smoking:

2. Sounds like you got bases covered!

What do you have for ventilation or will you be faning open the closet through out the day.

3x3 closet and 400w HID can get pretty hot.

3. #3 squigglybears, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    have 2 oscilating fans (8 inch diamter) i am going to use as soon as the 400W HPS gets here, using only one right now with 2 26w cfl (6500k) and 1 13w cfl (2700k) on the white widow clone (month old) since its doesnt have alot of rooting yet. if the room temperature does escalate with too high temps (around 80-85 F id say) with those 2 on, and the 400W + 150W HPS on also, then im gonna have to keep the door open to get a nice flow of fresh, cool air..thats the plan anyways haha.

also, i think i might pick up a small 6" fan from wallyworld to blow cool air right on both of the HID's ballasts. im thinking that might help keep the temp. down as well.

4. very cool, looks like we both started our seeds (ak 47 autos) on the same day! I started germinating last night. I'll be looking forward to compairing our plants as time gos on, same seeds, same bank... might be an interesting comparison.

5. Do you guys live in America? Did you go with the Tshirt option from Attitude??

6. Yes, I live in central Oregon, did the t shirt option, ordered last thursday, they arived yesterday:yay:was suprized at the turnaround! read some good things about attitude here on gc in the seed bank section, and gave it a shot!

7. checked on the seeds this morning, no cracking or taproot visable yet. i'll check back late tonight and/or tommorow. I'll post pics as soon as the seeds germinate and i put them in pots..now its time to spark up a bong.
    webhead, sounds great man, we will def have to compare grows. do you have a journal up? if not, what are you using for lighting,mediums,etc. good luck man!

8. checked on seeds about an hr ago, 4 have germinated successfully with a 1/8" to a 1/4" taproot poking out, planted the 4 seeds in the soil. heres a picture of area 1 where the 400w HPS will go once it arrives on tuesday, right now i have the 150W HPS running in this area which is more than enough light for once they poke their beautiful selves out of the soil. attached are the picture of area 1. the four black buckets on the left are the ones with the seeds in them.

EDIT: well my awesome usb cable decided to take a shit on me while uploading images, so none worked. im going to get a new one tommorow, post pics then.

9. Everything's looking good man!

Just a heads-up... oscillating fans don't remove heat, they'll just move it around. You have to have some way to remove the heat from the room... I have to leave the door open all the time... which is what you'll find yourself doing too haha (esp. since I'm just running a 150w and you'll soon be running a 400w)

But yeah, looking forward to watching and learning with you dude.

10. #10 squigglybears, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009
    thanks man, yea i think im going to have to keep the door open to let fresh, cool air in. good news tho, i now have a total of 7 germinated seeds put in the medium (FFOF). but no pictures yet..planning on getting real high and watching the super bowl, order some wings as well haha. oh yea, i checked on the shipping of 400W HPS and everything is set to be at my house on tuesday, so i will def. have pics up by then, or when i rig up that baby.

EDIT: checked on the 3 remaining germinating seeds, and what do you know, another had a nice fat 1/4" tap root poking out so i put it in the soil. 2 more to go.

11. #11 squigglybears, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    check on pots today, 2 have popped themselves above the soil, and another has germinated as well and was placed in another pot. when i rig up my 400W HPS tommorow i will post pics.

today will be called "Day 1" for Ak47 #1 and #2 .

12. Nice dude I just snagged some auto ak47 from Dr. Chronic. Wish I would have ordered from Attitude if there is a free shirt in it for me! Hahaha. I'm keeping my eye on this one...

13. hey everyone, 4 more have sprouted. total of 6 have sprouted.

#1 & #2 = day 2
    #3, #4, #5, #6 = day 1

just been watering with tap water (that has been sitting out for 24hrs so chlorine is dissolved) whenever the pots look dry. (about once a day).

The 400W HPS is hooked up in this pic..but you cant really see the babies since my camera sucks. i just put the last germinated seed in another pot. germination was 10/10 so that is good. Temps with the 400W look to be at about 77 F w. humidity of 53%. not too bad..if i see that the temps get too high -- mid 80's then im going to have to get another fan.

EDIT: sorry pic is so shitty, i need to get a new camera..def before harvest.

Attached Files:

14. Wuts up man!

thats lookin pretty chron, hows that white wid clone doin?

15. Hey man looks like things are going as planned,cant wait to see some nuggs! are you gonna produce any seed at all for the future?

16. dirtygerman, whats up bro? the WW clone isnt looking too good, im not sure if it has a stable root system yet so im just gonna keep it in the small container for now until i see roots. hows yours doin?

comeoriginal, yep everything is going good and i plan to take the best male i get, use the paper bag technique to get some pollen and pollenate one female, just so i have more seeds of that auto's.

Good news on the grow, another has sprouted, and the others that have already sprouted are doing excellent. ive been keeping the temps at 70 F at night when light is off and let it peak at about 78-79 F. Im using a 20/4 light cycle, since thats what LowLife seeds recommends. More pics soon

17. checked this morning and wow are they growing fast. all but 1 has sprouted now, and the first ones that have sprouted are growing at a very fast pace. i'll post pics up this weekend. Also, i just started germinating 5 Feminized White Dwarf seeds and i will throw them in the mix once i weed out the males of the ak-47's.

18. Mines not doin too good either. it's starting to wilt, what i need to do is pick up a heating mat from pet supplies.....i coulda swore I had one.....:smoke:

19. so all 10 are sprouted, and the first ones that sprouted are starting their next set of leaves. everything is looking great, great green color on leaves. I also went to the local hydro shop and picked up some superthrive, added a drop in a gallon of water and watered my little babies. im going to post pics up every sunday. checked on the germination of the 5 feminized white dwarfs, but none are cracked yet. i'll check tommorow and update.

20. #20 squigglybears, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    ah..what the hell, why not a couple pics? :smoke: ..smoking some of michigan's finest medical bud

oh yea..put a little 26W 6500K cfl on the one in the bottom right hand corner, it was one of the last to sprout so i wanted to give it a little boost of light on top of the HPS to get it up with the rest of em. also, the 10th sprout is in another identical planter,soil,etc under 2 26W 6500 cfl until it shows sex, then the females will have the 400W with a few of the feminized white dwarf's.

temp: 70.5 F (night low) RH: 22-60%
    83.5 F (day high)

Attached Files: