Going to start flowering tonight!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SubnoizeKid, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Well, i've been in Veg. for 6 weeks and 2 or 3 day since germing(its 2 or 3 because i know i did it on a the weekend but i dont no if it was Sat. or Sun., haha) Here's how it looks so far.

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

And there's a few withering leaves but that shouldnt mean anything right? is it just because its getting older or sumthing?

IMG_1445.jpg

O and for a little extra information, at first i used a 9 watt CFL, then put 2 26 watt CFL's on it, and now its on 1 26 watt and 1 42?(it was 40 sumtihn) watt CFLs on it. Idk if im going to get another 42 watt on it or not.

2. Will update pics when i see signs of sex(ill be pissed if its a male), but i look back on these pics, and its already grown a lot taller.

3. alright, well... it kind of looks like a boy, so i got a banana, does anybody know if that little trick with a banana works? im hoping because its not Definatly a boy, but looks like it, and id rather have a hermaphrodite than just a boy.

4. The "banana trick" is only for germinating seeds. You put a piece of peel in with the seeds and they release ethylene, supposedly increasing the chance of getting a girl. Pics would help..

5. ehh that whole banana trick just leads to mold everytime, from what I have seen. I don't think it really work anyways.

6. yea, it really doesnt from what im seeing, ill put up pics tomarro hopefully, and ill start germing some lesser quality bagseeds :-/, i was hoping it would be a girl because the weed i got the seed(s) from was some REALLY good shit, my friend almost thought it was laced, but we knew afterwords it wasnt(n no i didnt do some stupid thread, lol). this was the only seed that made it though so i think im ganna keep it and pollinate some of this lower quality seeds, to get a nice mix hopefully. o and how exactly do you do that little banna thing with the seeds, cause ill do it tonight if i get a reply.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas:smoking::D

7. alright, i thought this thread was ganna be closed, but i guess not, i looked at the plant this morning and it has nice little white hairs with the pollen sacks... its a hermie!!!:hello:
    shit dude, u dont no how happy i am, its WAY better than just having a boy. and i would have pictures but my camera cant take a pic that small, o n its like two feet now, haha.

8. PPHHEEEWWW shit bro, sorry it took SO fuckin long to post sumthin, but i took pics n never put them up, ended up seleting them later because i needed more room on the memory card. :-/ But any ways here we are.

Total: Weeks:11 Days: 3 or 4 Flowering: Weeks:4 Days: 1

My new setup with this sick two bulbed fish tank light, and an extra light just for the hell of it.
    IMG_1533.jpg

Look at all the budsites :-D, seriously though, i never noticed how many there were be4 this picture. lol
    IMG_1534.jpg

This is a picture of a leaf that i think was on the wall too long or sumthing, nothing wrong with the ph right?
    IMG_1535.jpg

Main Cola
    IMG_1536.jpg

I hope you can all tell its a hermie, cause i definately can, the pollen sacks are a pain in the ass, i tryed ripping a lot of them off, but i dont think im going to waste my time any more. and yes a lot of them have already exploded, lol.

Btw, im growing another plant, not sure if you can see it in the back ground. But ill have another journal going on that one too soon. ill post a link later.

Sorry all this took so long.

9. If you're going to have another plant, you need chop the oldest plant and count your losses. Even the bud you would harvest from this plant may not be worth the effort. Male flowers give you mad headaches, all the calyxes would be seeded, and once the plant starts producing alot of seeds, it will stop concentrating on producing THC/resin. Even if you don't mind a diminished harvest this time around, it will undoubtedly effect the next harvest as well. And the seeds you would get from this harvest would be hermie prone at best. You obviously can keep a plant happy, which is usually the hardest thing to do. So you're one step ahead of most beginners already. You need to make sure and put them on a strict 12/12 lighting schedule with absolutely no interruptions and no light leaks. If you do those things, you'll have some amazing bud to smoke.

10. So wait... i thought the hermie seeds weren't such a bad thing because it has a better chance of being a girl. which was another reason why i wasn't that angry about it being a hemie(the first being that i thought it was JUST a male.), and considering that was my last seed of this REALLY good weed i smoked, i was actuallly kind of happy. But is there anything wrong with hermi seeds? Just wondering. O n btw, i already started growing the other palnt, its just from mersh though, but yea its already growing and is already like 3 and a half weeks in, and ill try and get another forum on it tonight if im not too tired.

11. Hey buddy...sorry I didn't get back to you a little quicker. Here's the problem with hermie seeds. Most think that a hermie seed=fem seed. This isn't the case. I'll give as brief an explanation as I can about how seeds are femmed and whatnot...

There's a thing called a "true breeding" plant. The ones you want are female true breeders. This means that they are fem plants, unless you put then under unusual amounts of stress, or if it becomes a hermie for unexplained reasons (which does happen, rarely). Now think of these next few terms in a math sense. Female plant X unnatural Hermie (which is your case) = X chromosome and XY chromosome. This means you'll have a 50% chance of getting female, and 50% chance of gettng a hermie. Because hermafrodites are as bad for your garden as a male plant is (probably worse, since you're more prone to leave a hermie alone), then you're pretty much back to a 50/50 chance. Now here's where femmed seeds are actually created. True Breeding plant from now on will be referred to as TB.

TB hermie X female plant = femmed seeds. This is because the TB plant has only X or Y chromosomes (in this case, only X chromosomes, since you're looking for female true breeding plants). So when your seed comes out, the plant only has two X chromosomes to work with. Now this isn't 100% successful. You'll still have the risk of hermies (this is why femmed seeds are more prone to herm on you than non-femmed females), but the risk will be much, much lower. and you can keep backcrossing if you'd like, to keep increasing your chance of a fem seed.

Please forgive me if this is confusing at all. I'm fairly drunk. If you don't follow, I'll give a sober, and much more comprehensable explanation later.

12. so what your basically saying is that these seeds, instead of having 50/50;female/male, itll have 50/50;female/hermie... is that right?