Dankstar's first closet grow 4 strains

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dankstar99, Nov 28, 2008.

1. #1 Dankstar99, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    Hey everybody on GC what's happening? I thought it was time to post my new Grow thread for 4 different strains. I am currently on Day 14 seedlings(day 1 being the day I planted them in the soil) My strains are Barney's Farm "Violator kush" (2 reg seeds), 1 GreenHouse seed "Trainwreck" (fem), 1 GreenHouse seed "Cheese" (fem) and 1 Seedsman Seeds "Skunk #1" (fem)

I am using Ocean Forest for my growing medium and Fox Farm's Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom for my nutes.

My closet grow room size is 2 1/2' deep, 4' wide and 6' tall.
    I am currently using 8 26 watt daylight CFL's for the veg stage, but soon to upgrade to 12 26 watts in a week. I plan to have a 400 watt HPS light with Super HPS Hortilux bulb for the flowering stage.

I made a makeshift lighting fixture with 4 light sockets in it with with dual sockets in each. I used thermopan lining for the reflector but I am thinking of lining it with mylar, just havent got to it yet.

I lined my whole closet growroom with 1/2" blue styrofoam insulation to controll temps and lined it with 2 mil Mylar. I have a 200 cfm Sunleaves inline fan exhausting the room into the attic via 4" flexible duct. I have a 1" x 28" door gap at the bottom for fresh intake air to be drawn in. I have a computer fan inside my room circulating the air in the room. Also im growing in a spare bedroom that has nothing in it and has wood floors.

My current temp for my grow room is anywhere from 75-80 with about 25% humidity. I am planning on buying a warm mist humidifier for my grow room so I can bump the humidity up to around 50-60%

Hope everything goes well I will post pics very soon.:D:hello:

Any advice or info would be much appreciated from anybody.
    Happy Growing. DankStar:smoke:

2. Everything sounds on track 2 me bro ...

I'll be watching ...

Regards EazyGreen ...:D

3. #3 Dankstar99, Nov 28, 2008
    Here are some pics of my babies and the growroom setup:

Pic 1 is a pic of all my babies 2 plants on left are Violator Kush,. then its trainwreck and Skunk #1 at the end.

Pic 3 is the lighting fixture that I made

Pic 4 is an up close pic of Violator Kush, my healthiest plant so far.

4. Looking awesome , Hmm greenhouse says they have trainwreck...
    IIRC I heard from Lucas that trainwreck was not avail in seed form , apparently it's a very old strain that is only obtained by clone.

Either way , i'm here and nice to meet you . *takes a seat*

5. Sound good man good to have you here:hello:

Your buds turned out very nice Eazy I hope mine will be just as good. With a little luck and advice from you that just might be possible :D

Stay tuned for more to come

6. Thanks for stoppin in Hypeshot.:hello: Should be a good grow. Green House seeds are the shit. every seed I put in moist paper towel germed within 24 hours! I couldn't believe it. I just planted a feminized cheese seed from Green house as well. She will be invited to meet the family soon:).

*takes a puff of Island Sweet Skunk*

7. looking good man....but id be careful about too many plants in such a small space if both the Kush end up being female along with the 3 fems and cheese will make 6 plants ....do you have a larger area?

8. #8 Dankstar99, Nov 28, 2008

Yeah I have the trainwreck, cheese, and skunk #1 all fems. and 2 regular Violator Kush. I just want to have 4 plants total (3 fems and 1 VK). If the 2nd VK turns out to be a female i'll just end up growin it I guess but right now it's kind of a runt and could be a male, to early to tell though. I have the Cheese strain in a different pot right now and it's not in the pics yet.

9. Hot Damn man that reflector is the shit !!!

Really thats awesome man ....Perfect ... That was one draw back 2 me useing the CFL ..
    I never built anything ... and the ones on Ebay were way over priced....

I coulda built something um a tin smith lol ... But ahh well ...

But yours is nice, and clean... Really nice job their ....

10. Thanks for the props EZ! I hope she does as good as she looks, I need to figure out a way to make a side lighting fixture. :smoking:I'm going to add another 104 watts this week.

11. Decided to post a couple more pics for ya guys. My cheese seed has sprouted into a healthy seedling.

Im smokin some Island sweet skunk I added a pic of the nug im gonna smoke after I post this:smoking:

I will put more pics up of all my plants later today.:wave:

12. mmmm cheese =) it seems that strain has become very popular over the last little while. Keep us updated.

13. deff alot cleaner than my set up haha... lookin really good hope all goes well in the garden of weeden and you get a good harvest i hope the la goes as good and i think the plant i just cropped was some wreck, all it takes its for one of those clones to hermi and you got seeds and also they can store up to like ten years under right conditions so im sure theres some one out there with a bunch of wreck seed waiting to be planted

14. Thanks for stopping in man. I am hoping I get a good harvest too, but it will be some time before that happens. Im guessing in Feb will be harvest:hello: I'm goin to put more pics up here soon so check em out. Peace

15. im sayin mid to late feb for my harvest to i just cropped on the 22 my first plant it was terribal genitics but herb came out good from the sample i got i will def be watchin

16. DAY 16 veg stage

Been watering the plants with distilled water. Ph is at 6.8-7

Pic 1 is the Trainwreck
    Pic 2 is the Violator Kush
    Pic 3 is the smaller Violator Kush
    Pic 4 is the Skunk #1

17. looks great man!

18. Thanks for stoppin by AW. I sure am having fun doing this journal and growing my garden at the same time while getting advice from different people on GC :D Be sure to check up here often cuz I update with pics every 2-3 days. Peace bro

19. looks real good im like'n the violator kush :hello:

20. #20 Dankstar99, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008

I noticed the Violator has purple stems for the fan leaves. :D This should be the strain because I have had the temps 75-80 the whole time. Can't wait to see what she looks like flowering, that is if it turns out to be a female. Violator Kush is a cross between Hindu Kush and Malana.