AW's continuous soil grow. Sour Diesel x Chemdog DD 1000w Scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Norma Stits, Oct 21, 2008.

1. #1 Norma Stits, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
    High! :)

I just started up my new grow and thought i'd share it.

specs on the grow:

Veg area will consist of a 4 foot 6 bulb T-5 fluorescent hood, and once the plants require it, i'll be adding in a 400w MH as well.

Flower Area is a 54"x54" Hydro Hut, 1000W HPS air cooled hood and a 6" vortex blower with a carbon scrubber.

The room is a work in progress still. I have the T-5 going with some clip on fans atm.
    I'm working on the window exhaust right now, and once i get that installed i'll get the tent up and the air conditioner in as well.
    I'll post pics as the room progresses, and hopefully i'll get some input along the way.

Here's what the window vent is looking like. I'm gonna paint the part that faces outside black, and see what it looks like from the outside.If it looks suspicious, then i'll tack up some sort of material to make it look like curtains.
    I think i'll be cool because the window faces about 3 acres of woods, no neighbors or street.

the window that i'll exhaust out.

[​IMG]

This faces inside and my 6' duct goes in that hole.

[​IMG]

The end that faces the outside. I'll paint it black tonight.

[​IMG]

I'm starting out with 3 strains: The seedlings are 10 days from sprout under 20/4 light.

East Coast Sour Diesel: (from clone) It's the lone survivor from my last grow. When i moved i had my Sour D. Mom at a friends house in less than optimum conditions.
    She was stressed pretty hard, and out of about 50 cuts i ended up with one that rooted. I obviously was hoping for more, but i'm thankful to be able to keep this strain going!

[​IMG]

Kal-X (from THSeeds)

[​IMG]

Pure Power Plant: This is an all time favorite of mine. It's some of the most potent weed i've smoked. the taste and smell remind me of the weed i used to smoke as a kid. Nothing fruity or "kushy" about it.. it just smells and tastes like really good marijuana. It gives you a classic sativa high, and finishes in about 9 weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway there it is for now. I'll update as the room gets put together and as the plants get a bit bigger. I also have a few other strains i'll add in as i pick out the males and get some extra space going.

Please feel free to comment good or bad. I love good respectful criticism.. listening to other ideas is a great way to learn more about the most kick ass of all hobbies ever! :smoke::bongin:

2. #2 mels, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
    You have made my night AW! Everything looks great so far! Glad to see you are set up again! I have tried to explain that window vent to people by using crappy MS paint drawings I may have to steal a couple of those piccys of it!

Good luck! (not that you will need it)

3. Uh oh, it's on now! lol Glad to see this thread started and you on your feet in the new place. Those window pics really help out, because I was still a little confused from the last thread. Have you thought about putting some type of a passive exhaust cap on the outside of that window box? That way, it will look like a normal dryer exhaust pipe to anyone deciding to poke around back there. Just a thought. Everything looks great so far, I'm especially interested in the SD and PPP personally. Good luck with everything!
    Peace
    DM

4. thanx Mels & DM.

DM: i'm gonna take a look and see what it looks like first and then decide on what to do with the window. That sounds like a good idea.. but i'm hoping i wont have to do anything except paint. The window is on the 2nd floor and as far away from the main entrance as possible.

for anyone that cares.. here's what last harvests buds are looking like all cured up.

Sour D.

[​IMG]

Purple wreck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. AW you always have some great lookin mj and im honored to say i watch your grows.:wave:

6. Good to have you back homie!!!

cant wait to see your ladies flowering again.
    have you still got much left from you last harvest??

sems.

7. #7 Mordecai, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
    YAY!!!! :hello: :wave:

August, nice to see you growing again. If you dont mind me asking, what state did you move to? Feel free not to answer that one.

8. welcome back man,:wave:. glad to see you finally got every thing skraight up north,lol. i look forward to that kal-x im interested in it as well as im sure you are, good luck with this one it should be just as great as your last.:smoke:

9. Well it sure is nice to see you back on here, AW. I'll be posting some PW harvest photos tomorrow as well as an update to the current PW lady I have in flower right now. Just in case you want to keep up with one of your old bitches...

So are you sticking with FFOF or did you make your own organic mix this time around? I'm planning on trying an all in one homemade soil in a month-ish...I'm excited about that.

Anyways...glad to have you back. Looking forward to the grow.

10. those buds just made my mouth water

11. Glad your back. Hurray for the ECSD save. good for you. :hello:

I'll pull up a chair.:smoking:

12. zab, i'm honored to show you man. I'm a big fan of your stuff as well. Thanks a ton man!

yo sems, i'm happy to be back in the grow section.. and nah i don't have that much bud left. Maybe like 2 oz's or so.. looks like i may have to buy some weed before i get some buds chopped :(

hey Mord! I'm still in the same state. I prefer not to mention. It's no secret, it's been mentioned before but i prefer not to advertise LOL.

hope all is well with you man.

13. hey Joker! i'm looking forward to the KAL-X as well. I've had it before, and it was a really nice lime green frosty nug. The taste was really nice and it giot me all sorts of stoned :)

Now that baseball season is over :( i'll try and get on that site with y'all. Tell Doob to get his ass up in here.

thanks man.. i'm still running the FFOF it's worked so well for me, i don't think i can mix up anything that can outperform it.. so i may as well stick with what works for me.

I'd love to see the PW shots man.. did you get any hermies? I had a few, and read some reports of others having the same issue. I'm curious to see how you did.

peace

thanks man.. i'm gonna be bummed when it's all gone :(

sup homie! I'm STOKED about the save, and this will be good for both of us (hypothetically of course)

14. Good Luck August!

I'll be lurking in the corner:)

Love your threads man.

15. thank you my friend.. i've been lurking as well, and dig your grows as well. Thanks a ton!

16. Good luck bro. Tis looking bomb already.

17. August man, you have inspired me to ditch the hydro setup. Sure you can get massive yields, but there really is nothing that compares to some perfectly grown organics.

18. glad your back man

thanks for letting me know about your new thread ya prick ya!

btw - calmag+ FTW - am liking it a lot so far!

19. Looks great bro- love your threads. Good to hear that you had one Diesel pull through for you; I know how shitty it can be to lose great genetics... Lucky deal there!

Have you tried the Liquid Light from Dutch Master by any chance? Or any type of foliar kelp spray?

20. I'm honoured to tag along too dude. Those babies look full of promise. :D Lots of pics pleeeeze. :smoking: