12/12 From Seed Experiment

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by redriverbud, Oct 18, 2013.

1. #1 redriverbud, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Hi there!

This is my first forum post, but I wanted to share my new experiment with you guys. I wanted to try my hand at 12/12 from seed growing and see what it's all about. So I did, and I thought I'd share my results. I had some bagseed that I had saved from this amazing bud that I thought would be perfect! They germinated on Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 and they went straight into little 15oz plastic pots filled with organic soil from my compost and perlite. I put them under 4 cfls that I had from a previous grow, not sure of the exact wattage. Temperature readings stay around 75F during the day, and dip down to 65F-68F during nightime.
    I watered them a 1/3 of a cup of water, every second day, making sure to lightly aerate the topsoil to help with drainage. On October 11th, 2013, I fertilized with a general fertilizer mixed at 1/2 strength, and fed the plants.
    On October 13th, 2013, exactly 3 weeks from after germination, the plants all showed their sex, all on the same day, 4/5 of them proving to be male. I wonder if this high ratio is due to the stress of the light regimen? Maybe somebody with some more experience can shed light into the topic, it could also be a genetic problem, or just a fluke, who knows.
    I transplanted my lone female, whom I now affectionately call my "Lone Lady", into a big 3-5 gallon plastic pot filled with the same soil mix I used for the seedlings. Her white pistils were just visible in the upper nodes, so I wasn't even sure at the time if I had an actual female!
    On October 14th, 2013, I watered her with 2L of water to get a feel for how much her container could hold, it proved to be a little bit much, so I've since cut it down to 1.5 litres.
    Today, on October 17th, 2013, I sprinkled a little bit of bone meal into the topsoil, and watered with a 1/2 strength flowering fertilizer, their combined NPK values equaling 24-40-20. Her white pistils are sprouting out at nearly every node, and she's really filling out.
    Here is a pic of one of the seedlings on September 29th, 2013:
    September 29th.jpg
    And here is one of the plants on October 3rd, 2013:
    October 3rd.jpg
    Here's what they looked like just 2 days before revealing their sex:
    October 11th.jpg
    Here's her today, October 17th, 2013:
    October 17th 1.JPG
    Some of her pistil development:
    October 17th 2.JPG

I'll continue to give updates on the grow.

RRB

2. are you going to lst? 

3. i don't think so. Or at least haven't really thought about it. should I?

4. #5 redriverbud, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    There's been enough growth to warrant an update I think. Took a some photos for you.
    October 19th 1.jpg
    October 19th 2.jpg
    October 19th 3.jpg
    October 19th 4.jpg

Cheers

RRB

5. if done correctly can give you a huge yield! i would highly recommend it its well worth the learning.  :D  :D

6. Can you explain the process to me?

7. That is a great tutorial, I think I might try that for my next grow. I think it's far to late to implement it properly to the lone lady now,  as she's grown quite a bit since my last update. White pistils are visible at every node, it appears the plant is putting more effort into growth along the stem in bunches, and at the top in a mini main cola. There is not much foliage growth, and it's all very spread out. Stem growth is dramatic, i've had a fan right on her from the beginning to strengthen her up.

10 days since she's gone into flower:
    October 23rd.jpg

RRB

8. Also, i'm trying to figure out a way to get some additional light on her lower sections all around, i'm thinking about building a sort of light halo, built out of wood with sockets attached. Anyone heard of someone doing anything like that before on the forums?

9. That's why you should lightly LST, so you can even out the canopy and get more light to the lower branches.

10. I'm doing the 4 way LST, working great!
    On my 5th week. Was thinking about putting here into flower soon! :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1249051-The-Journey-of-indoor-scrog---New-SuperKush-w/-pics-*Enjoy

11. #14 redriverbud, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    What's the difference between just light LST and full on LST?

12. 13 days into flower, and the lone lady is already touching my lights. White pistils are everywhere, and in the last day, a strong odour has swept the room.

October 25th 1.jpg
    October 25th 2.jpg
    October 25th 3.jpg

RRB

13. forgot to mention, added a 5th light for the bottom buds, will be rotating the plant every day.

14. I found out what kind of bulbs I used, currently have 5 of these going for a total of 8000 lumens in a 1x1 area.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383181594.450052.jpg
    I think she's peaked in terms of upward growth, but her buds are forming really well. I watered her today and will post pics tmmr morning.

Today, it's been 2 weeks and 3 days since she entered flower. I'm estimating she'll be done anywhere around dec. 13

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383578089.588954.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383578112.539436.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383578132.739700.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383578149.306422.jpg

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383578199.140874.jpg