PowerPlant Closet Scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Norma Stits, Nov 20, 2006.

1. after a pretty successful 1st grow with some bagseeds i'm gonna try out a scrog in the closet this time.

Dutch Passion "feminised" Power Plant
    400w MH/HPS Switchable exhaustable hood
    FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil
    FoxFarm Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (neither being used atm)
    Co2 being pumped out 3 times a day for 45 minutes.
    Temps 68F night 82F day

I plan on growing them till they are about 12" or so before i put them in the screen. Also plan on topping and fimming where i can.

After a week i had to transplant them from 4" pots to 6" deep swuare pots cause the roots were coming out of the bottom already.
    I'll be using 10 gallon grow bags for the final container.
    I'll try to update as they progress.
    Enjoy.

the room 42"w x 38"d x 120" h closet
    the plants are 2 weeks old, one is way bigger and more developed than the others. I wonder if they slipped in a different strain or maybe i got the .1% male of the batch.

Attached Files:

2. Hey Man,

Nice setup. I think you mean you pump in CO2 not pump out. I grew feminized power plant once; it was pretty cool. Look forward too seeing this grow.

3. Looking good..

SmknVTEC, he means being pumped out of the tank onto the plants :)

AW, I see you couldnt find a good air intake spot for outside air so you opted for Co2 :) either way
    as long as its not a hassle for you to refill the tanks guess its all good.

keep your fingers crossed on that big one... Its starting to branch nicely already. MH is the 'bomb' when it comes to growing a plant compared to HPS.

Looking forward to seeing this grow.

4. thanx for the reply man. Yeah i meant pumping in not out lol..
    how many feninized PP did you grow, and were they all females?
    I got fem seeds cause i figured it would be easier for a scrog, but that big plant has me worried a little that i could have a male in the bunch.

5. ya man, if it's a she it should be a beast.. thanx for all the advice along the way..

6. Sorry i edited above as you were posting so re-read my above post for anything you might have missed.

Feminized seeds, well what can i say about them..... :) think its all crap, you still get males and or have a high % of Hermies with them... When i first started growing PPP from seed, i got males and females which some turned Hermie, when i finally got a full blown female i started cloning from it (yes just one) and its been an ongoing cloning sesssion from that one plant for years now.

Ran into the same thing with the Supergirls, i hate starting from seed :) Suggest you learn to clone so you dont have to thru all this growing and waiting every time.

7. PS temp is a little too low during night hours, can you not get that more like 75F?

8. cloning looks easy enough, i just don't have a spot to keep a mom healthy for a long period of time. :(
    i'm thinking of taking a clone from each before i flower just to sex them. I really don't want to have to untangle a male from the screen later on.

9. yeah i have a heater in there, i can crank up the thermostat easy enough. It's gonna start getting real cold at nite here soon.

10. yeah i'm sticking with intake through the door from the adjoining room for now, i really don't have another option atm.
    I get tanks/refills for near nothing so cost on the tanks isn't an issue. I had to tell a neighbor that i have beer on tap cause she asked me about the giant tank i was bringing in to my apartment lol.

11. High west and wolf! :wave: Just stoppin in. Glad to see a scrog grow, I'll be watcing and probably be asking a bunch of anoying questions..lol. im currently trying to set up something similar for a first attempt of my own. I was wondering how to work the males as well. I was looking into fem seeds like you, west. But as wolf stated they seem to be unreliable and very expensive. Would it be THAT difficult to pull the males from the screen? Also, i currently have one Hashberry clone rooted and im planning to veg her out under a 250w MH and snip clones from her over and over. Wolf how long can i keep the mom clone in veg, forever? or will she start to die?Peace and thanks, TBug

12. wassup Bug! I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to get rid of the male(s). My thing is i was planning on filling the screen with 2 plants, so if 1 is a male i'm kinda screwed.
    Like i said earlier i may just veg them long enough to take clones from each plant, sex the clones, then flower the females.
    Unless theres a better way, that's prally what i'll do.
    4 days after transplanting i noticed the bigger plants roots coming out of the bottom of the bigger pot already.

13. Well pray its female and clone from that one :)

14. if that one's a female, i'll probably build a veg closet for her. She's loookin like a keeper early on anyway.

15. Thats interesting about your hermies and males Dier.
    I grew 10 feminized PP'S and all were female. I got the seeds from Dr.Chronic or Seedboutique I can't remember which one.

16. that's what i wanna hear.. thanks for the hope! :)

17. Day 14: Not much new, still goin strong (specially that 1 fattie)

theres a little root coming out of the bottom. I just transplanted 4 days ago so i'm just gonna poke it back in. I only watered it once since then and no runoff was sitting at the bottom for any period of time.
    Been going 20/4 for about a week or so, seems to be working fine atm.
    Thanx for looking and all the advice/comments. It's appreciated.

Attached Files:

18. this looks great im watching

19. thanx man, so far so good. Can't wait to find out 100% that they are girls and get the screen going and stuff.
    This part is always boring.. kinda like watching grass grow :D

20. A nice shot of Eutheria (sp) would make it grow much more faster.

I'll get he actual spelling for you in a bit on my way out to lunch, its 60-0-0

at week 3 or about the size of your plants now i hit it with a dose of that (1 tbls per gallon of water)

Its like steriods for plant growth.