First journal: Sealed Tent 4x4 | 1000w | ICE BOMB/Organic

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrinMEaSmile, Feb 27, 2013.

1. #1 GrinMEaSmile, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    Yes and welcome to my first attempt of a grow journal. This will be the first time I have ran a 1000w system, first sealed room, and first co2 run. Lot of new things for me going on, hope I can keep your attention and stay tuned for frequent updates.

What we have,

• Strain: ICE BOMB
    • 4X4 grow tent *sealed room
    • 1000 watt MH/HPS bulbs
    • Pro-Organic mix *Down To Earth (soilless)
    • 9 (3 gal) fabric pots
    • CO2 mechanical
    • Organic nutrients TEA

Will be first SOG or maybe a SCROG, what you would call 9 laddies in a 4x4x78 grow tent with a screen. This is the third grow in the tent, and tied for forth grow overall. These are f1 cuttings, the mothers are about to head to flower. I may just make a new entry for them, they are 3x3 under 600w.

2. #2 GrinMEaSmile, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    Transplanted clones under CFL
    [​IMG]

18"x18" tent with CFL veg lights.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

A closer look at my built VEG hood. Mylar film with a two dollar store grills. A power strip, and socket fittings. It around 8k lumes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Here are the mothers last week.
    [​IMG]

4. #4 GrinMEaSmile, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    Been gathering and building my unique compact sealed tent. Not sure, doubt anyone has ever done one quiet like this.

As you can image to make a sealed room successful I will need full climate control. Heat, cold, humidity, and air circulation must all fit my strategy to make a successful grow.

As you could imagine, it's going to be a little crowded.

Attached Files:

5. Today I decided to take five aging clones out of my DIY airo-cloner and clean them up a bit.
    [​IMG]

Transplanted them with a new powder I have never tried, I hope it helps the roots because the did get damaged. Time will tell.

Also removed two sickly or slow going clones. Still have 16, only need 9. Should have some nice plants soon!

Items used to transplanting and cloning.
    [​IMG]

6. Well it looks like I got my first powder mildew. They were the clones from the aeroponics cloner, remember I just transplanted those yesterday. Should have looked closer. Took most of those infected leafs off, and sprayed the rest down with a diluted mix of peroxide. Anyone know the mix ratio?

The two close up's you can see little spots. And look how much they grew in a day! I may just need to add more nitrogen. What you guys think?

Attached Files:

7. #7 GrinMEaSmile, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    OK here we are.

Well the best 9 clones out of the 16 were picked, they look great! Actually started with 23, but hand picked the odd balls or failed rooted ones out.
    Transplanted clones into 3 gal fabric pots. Everything went well but the space inside the tent.

My head is hurting on ways to get everything to fit however, still a possibility I am willing to try.

The 1000w solis tek ballest is dimmned to 600w. Exhaust fan is currently resuscitating, and a heater is installed set at 63f.

Will need to get the Ice Box up and running soon. Need to wire a few things before I can hook my drop in chiller up.
    Still need to wire my outlets to the digital temp controller (just got them over the weekend)

Need to build a support to hold the dehumidifier, once this is all done it's time for Co2 and ultimately flowering. ETA 10 days.

Attached Files:

8. Hey,

Looking good!

Any updates?

Few questions:

What did you use as the plugs for the DIY aero cloner? By that I mean the round things the clones are sitting in (hope I got that right)

What are you planning to use to build the support you mentioned? Please post pics when your done if possible!

I'm subbed!

If possible sub into my thread - I need all the help I can get!

9. So took a peak at them today. Seem to me a little fuzzy white stuff growing in the soil. Going to call it mildew. Hit it with a spray bottle h2o mixture, looks gone now.

Tweaked my setup a little to get the humidity down. Dehumidfire filled to fast so I put the drain option to use. Used the ice chest to drain it into well I await my inline fan. Once that arrives I can setup my digital temp controler that I am about finished with. Temps here took a swing to the 80's, last week it was freezing....

Crocdundie, the plugs used was the small net pot with a coco fiber plug sitting in it. Split it open from top to bottom on one half, then insert clone.

As for the supports... Still not sure. Was looking to see if the tent might support 40lb. I think it might... But also been thinking about a 2x4 stand of some sort. propped up the sides then met at the top. Going to try and use the space in the air, as the ground space is spoken for.

10. Im set up what I assume is a similar tent macgyver style but im in flowering and having trouble with cooling the 1000w in such a small space. Got a hydrofarm 400cfm 6in with ducting leading outside any ideas?

11. And also what are you planning to use in cooling yours?

12. #12 GrinMEaSmile, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    Right now I do not have my tent sealed. Currently ducting is ran from the air cooled hood to outside the tent. It creates a vacuum, all the openings cracked to bring fresh ambient temp air into the tent. The dehumidifier is sitting in the room doing it's job well the air is then recycled.

Soon everything will be inside the tent, and thus a seal will be created so co2 injection could begin.

The insulated ducting then from side to side of the super sun 2 air cooled hood through the tent 6" holes. There will be no air exchange within the tent. Cooling will be done by a single 6" Ice Box setup. Which a 1/4 hp drop in chiller is sitting inside a 12gal ice chest (to keep insulated) with a eco plus 633 water pump. 1/2" lines are connected to the Ice Box inside the tent, and a 400 cfm fan is attached.

detailed pictures will be put up, just all the parts are not here yet and or i'm not done creating/designing.

Attached Files:

13. Thanks man I have everything the same except for the ice box so ill need to grab one.

14. Today they look good, no mildew. Went ahead and added some more soil, and feed.

Just getting ready to build the support for the dehumidifier.

Attached Files:

15. Wicked subbed brutha. Looks great. Hey man you said your third time around. How much are you yeilding off the one thousand in the four by four.
    If you dont mind me asking. I have a four and a half by four and a half so I went with two sixs and it worked out great.

16. #16 GrinMEaSmile, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Yeah lets see, first was around 6 or 7 out of five and last was one plant and 4 1/2. Last one was just amazing, green crack smelled of mango. Yes lacking in yield but gained the knowledge for better results this time.

This however is the first 1000w ever, rest were just 600w. Definitely feel more can be achieved.

My concerns would be which method would work best to get a full and even canopy?

Thinking 6 tops a peace would be a good ticket, then again how large will these cola's get. Maybe only 4 good sized ones..

Well off to build a temp controller

17. Hi bud. Good luck

18. thanks chris!

Well, got my support structure designed. Picked up Cedar 2x3, 2x4 and cut them to size. Will construct them tomorrow and hope to have it all running by the end of that night.

The temp controllers been a pain without my dremel. Going to give it one more shot without, if not it will need to wait tell tomorrow.

Attached Files:

19. Progress!

Attached Files:

20. How old are they?