1 Plant LED Closet Grow - Dinafem Industrial Plant

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GD90, Aug 17, 2012.

1. #1 GD90, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Hey blades :)
    Playtime is over , sadly I only got one female from my batch of Mandala #1 reg seeds... Dunno what the hell I did wrong , if anything :p
    I've read that the gender is determined from seed - but I also read of alot of methods that could increase chances of getting females - none just seemed to work for me...
    But now I got myself some fem seeds , and along with them , I got an IP freebie from Dinafem which sprouted today :D

I still have alot to learn - so I figured this was the perfect time to make a log here.

My setup:
    My closet which is 15" wide, 20" in length and around 60" in height
    I cut a hole in the back for my 5" exhaust fan (intake is through the cracks)
    120w LED Triband from Ebay
    ~3 Gallon Pot
    Soil:
    Canna Terra Pro Plus
    Nutrients:
    Canna Terra Vega
    Canna Terra Flora

I planted the seed on Tuesday the 14th and it sprouted today.
    It wasn't looking too good when I came home from college today - so I raised my light thinking it may have been too close.

Right now it's looking a bit better...
    The temperature is ~25 C which should be 77 F and the humidity is at 57%

I hope someone will tag along, as this is gonna be my first serious grow.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Attached Files:

2. im tagging along

3. #3 GD90, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    Thx crossy
    So today is Day 7 - Starting Week 2.
    After raising the lights it started stretching a bit - but I think I've found a good middle ground now :)

I had some heat issues as the temps here rose to above 30 C (86 F) and did almost hit 30 C in the closet - this def. seemed to slow growth significantly , but the temps dropped a few days ago , and the plant has taken off again :)

The last time I forgot to mention that the light schedule is 18/6. I think that's all the info I can give - if I'm missing something let me know ;)

I hope more ppl will join in, as I could need some advice on several things , timing wise :smoke:

Attached Files:

4. subbed :D go check out my grow in my sig

and rep+ for the led's :)

5. support to the LED growers! updates bro

6. add some pics with the led on:D i love them ones:D

7. Looking forward to watching your baby grow up. You got to hug her and squeeze her and love her and please her.

8. What were the different distances to your LED? (too close, too high, good middle ground?)

I'll tag along.

9. How do You multi-quote?
    Anyway, thx all for tagging along :)

@dionysus4: I plan to update every week , unless something significant happens :p

@Nullster:The light was about 10" away when it sprouted and 20" when it started stretching - I only lowered the light to around 17" and it looks like it stopped stretching plus it's not getting burnt :) (btw. these are just estimates, as I don't remember the exact distances)

and last but not least...
    @lov4led: I'm trying to not to take pic's when the light is on , cuz they turn out really poor due to the bright light , but since you're following and you repped me - I will try to satisfy what sounds like a fetish to me lol :p

Here it is on Day 8 with the light on:

Attached Files:

10. o no he's on to me..........................

11. Okay, thanks. I was just curious. Mine was 30" away from the sprouts, but some with my LED said I should be at 36". I raised it because my growth had totally stopped. (maybe stunted seedlings with too much light early on?) I have no stretching that I can tell. Mine are wrapping up week 1 tomorrow. Good luck with yours, will be following along!

12. I usually start my grow's with the light raised as much as around 30" , just wanted to try something different this time.

What LED are you using Null, how many watts?

13. any one else care to tell me a bit more about my lights? so...seems that 6 inches is a bit too close, ill back them off right now.....

ok so now they are at about 16 inches, i want them closer for more light on my baby but is my logic off on this one?

lov4led, the self-proclaimed LED Extraordinaire hopefully has some answers for the peasants of this technology...

14. well the truth is...every led is different depending on the size, the wattage, lens angle, and diodes

also the space you are trying to cover with your light plays a main role in figuring out how the ratio of how close you can get it to how much space it covers

so i guess only you can figure out how close or far way you need to put your light......

PS average range that ive used and also see many people use it is right about 10-14 inches

15. #16 Nullster, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    I am using a 300w Advanced Diamond Series LED currently in veg mode (~1/2 power). They say to turn it to full power in the 2nd week of veg. So once I have a few sets of true leaves I'll do that and slowly start lowering it. Optimal range is 20-24" above canopy once the plant is acclimated. Anything closer than 14" people have reported bleaching.

16. #17 GD90, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    Day 14 - Starting Week 3

Here's an update, there hasn't really been any problems with her since last time...
    Doing well and looking beautiful :D

I'm pretty sure I can start feeding her when the third pair of true leaves have matured a little more, am I right?

And does anybody have any tips on pruning - do I just take the side branches as the come out? Or is there a better way?

Also , are You going to do a journal Nullster? I'd like to see how that LED works compared to mine :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. #20 Nullster, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    Wow, looks great! Tomorrow will be day 14 for me, but mine is only starting its 3rd set of true leaves.

I already started feeding mine, but I am in coco with no amendments. I used 175ppm of nutes in 125ppm water. A week ago it only had its single blade starter leaves and some recommend I start feeding when I comment that growth seemed to have stalled for a few days. A week later it has really started taking off.

I am going to FIM mine at some point, but don't plant on doing any pruning for a while.

I am not sure if I will do a journal. I am taking photos and keeping notes since this is my first grow.