Boveda 62% RH packs

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by RedganjaDown, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Anyone ever use the Boveda packs in their curing jars? I just found out about them today. 

2. Yes, specifically designed for cannabis. make sure you get the right size for the cure jar. small/med/lrg I think.

3. One other thing....make sure you don't buy these off of eBay. Those sellers will send you packs that they bought in bulk and you will not receive packs that are individually wrapped in cellophane. They will only last a couple of weeks so spend the money and buy from a reputable dealer...

4. Mine should be in today! Got them on amazon

5. Fuck. I bought mine off ebay. What if I just store them all in a jar, the same jar? Because I imagine they are simply drying out?

6. Anyone know how long the 8 gram packs last in the jars while curing?

7. They should last up to a few months, maybe even a year or more. I have huge 17L Cvaults with the boveda packs and they work great. I still pop the lids every once in a while after the buds are dried/cured properly. Once the boveda packs turn hard, it is time to replace them.

8. It depends on how often u open the jar and how much it has to work to get that desired rh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Also I got mine from eBay also and they came wrapped in cellophane

10. I bought mine straight from Boveda, the 8 gram packs come all in one sealed package. If they are individually wrapped, they have been opened and will not be fresh. They work great though! Made my cure super easy for my first grow. I just burped the jars for the first couple days because I should have let my buds dry longer, but I needed the space for my new grow.

My current grow journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1345378-2nd-grow-auto-gdp.html

11. Anyone try the new 54's I think they were? Supposed to be a little less wet.

12. My bodeva packs haved lasted 8 monthes so far ive kept them in closed jars when not in use

13. I was reading on someone's journal that you should leave jar sealed for first three days to let it regulate!?!?! How do you burp at the same ?

Anything TheHerbalDoctor says or does is PURELY fictional as TheHerbalDoctor does not exist :) Toke on my friends

14. they work both ways, add and take away moisture, so hypothetically you don't have to burp your jars. I still do for the first few days because the packs can only work so hard and if there is too much moisture trapped in the jar they won't work properly.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

That's where I'm at right now. I dried and put in jars with the packs but my RH hit 70% so I laid the nugs out to dry a little longer and I put the boveda packs in the jar so they don't waste too much while I dry a little more.  

If you over-dry, how far under 62% can the packs recover from? if that makes sense..

16. I believe that the buds really can't be too dry, the pack will have to work harder and won't last as long though. That's my theory at least. I know when I first got them I put some dry ass bud in a jar and after a few days the bud was rejuvenated back to awesomeness.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

17. #20 californian9195, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    dry for 7-11 days full plant, toss in the jar, burp twice daily for the first week for an hour, good to go. I use the large packs for every 1.5 oz 

If you over dry, they recover well at 50 percent humidity, below that and I think you'd still have crumbly dust.