grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420smokedawg, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Well heres my grow box I just recently made only cost me like 30 bucs. The only problem I seem to be having is heat. I use a 400 HPS, I have a ehaust fan blowing 24/7, and a circulating fan inside. Any ideas how to get the temps. down? The box is in the closet.Heres a pic I think i dont really know how to attach a pic so if it dosnt come through could yall inform on how to please. .[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Possibly cut some vents near the top of the box to let heat out, and rip out the insulating blanket. Try painting the inside with flat white paint instead?

3. well its got a squirell cage exhaust blower on top which you dont see in the pic and it runs 24/7. blowing the air out. and also holes in the bottom for fresh air. And I dont have a insulating blanket?

4. Whats the CFM rating on the fan? Also, wheres the ballast for the HPS light? Inside or outside of the box?

5. also an aircooled reflector helps loads in small spaces ;)

6. I dont even remeber the cfm of it. The guy at the grow shop said it shold be fine. The ballast is outside of the box. I dont know I'm gonna have to figures something out. See the air just exhausts into the closet. I think I might get like a dryer hose conect it to the fan and cut a hole in the roof and exhaust the air into the attic. think it will help?

7. Hey dude does the grow box have to bee that big to grow some good plants.

8. Venting to the attic could be a problem. I JUST read in another thread that a guy did something similar, however, the air pressure in the attic was higher than it was in the box.

Even with an exhaust fan, the hot air from the attic forced its way into the box to equalize the pressure.