So can you grow a few plants in your living room under a CFL?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by diamondflush, Oct 25, 2012.

1. I live alone... im germinating 5 Auto cheese right now which have a 70 day lifecycle from seed.

I really dont wana spend money on a grow tent like I did my last grow a few years back. Id really like to just put the plants in my living room under about 80W of CFL per plant. Would this work out well ? Im hoping for ATLEAST 1 ounce per plant.

Or even an HPS? I see them growing plants in the GROW shops in the open like this all the time. Will it work well?

2. Well, its recommended you give each plant a minimum of 100 watts. Yes, you could grow in your living room as long as you don't mind it being between 70-80 degrees constantly. Ill state the obvious, cannabis is a tough plant. It will grow in bad conditions. Getting an ounce per plant probably wont happen unless you take better care of them. Yield is a huge variable, so many different things can alter how much you get. Environment being a major contributor.

3. I mean... an ounce per plant is lower than average autoflowering plants. I will take very good care of them. But I disagree. I think an ounce per plant is quite easy.

4. #5 redtide318, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
    People might knock the home depot inline fans, but they are 20-40$ and work just fine, in fact they would work very well for a room of that small size. Some of them get up to like 350 CFM at the 40$ mark, and that should EASILY reduce any heat youll get in there unless your using 600+ watt lights

I know 1 ounce isn't a lot for a plant but Ive seen some pretty nasty small plants when people lacked proper care. Now personally in 70 days i probably smoke about 140 grams to myself, but Im a loser with no life and come from a bad family so that may be unusual so 5 plants would only be enough to smoke in that time frame, i like larger grows.

5. Oh wow, that thing is cool! That would be so much better than building my own room. does it get really hot in them?

6. it does get hot with HPS . you will def need an inline fan.

7. nvm, redtide answered my question

8. If you are looking into building your own grow box Im in the process of making the post of mine, it is a 3' x 3' x 8' Grow box that is pretty gnarly. When posted Ill link it