Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any experience with mangos?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Spyro420, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I have heard eating mangos an hour before you dose up will provide a much stronger high because mangos contain mycelin or something spelled similar haha which is also contained it cannabis anyone try it?

2. I am also curious about this.

3. I've done this multiple times. Ripe mangoes are supposed to be better.

It was nothing so powerful that I could say for certain that it was more than just placebo but I believe I felt a notable difference

I ate a ripe mango, waited an hour then smoked the same amount I normally would. The high seemed to come on faster and stronger, like it eliminated the "creeper" aspect.

It didn't seem to extend the length of the high at all but I would say it was more intense and possibly more clear and less cloudy

In the scheme of things its not all its cracked up0 to be but theres something to it I believe

4. try it for yourselves. mangoes are like a dollar apiece.

i've done it before and i must say it did feel stronger.

5. The search feature is your friends :) There are literally dozens of threads, filled with folks experiences. ;)

For a much higher concentration of myrcene (the terpene in mangoes, responsible for the 'enhanced effect' noticed by some), a more economic investment would be a bottle of hops extract, or lemongrass oil. These are generally found in organic shops as simple flavoring elements and supplements, that normally would not be advertised or known for their beneficial anti-cancer/anti-mutagen, sedative, and cannabinoid-enhancing properties.

Fresh and homegrown cannabis, that has been properly cared for, should already be fairly loaded with myrcene. People will only notice the greatest amount of improvement when this 'trick' is used in conjunction with older, lower-grade herb, where its terpene content has already diminished.

Some lemongrass oils are up to 25% myrcene, and you get trace amounts of limonene (another terpene in cannabis), as well.... A mango is healthy and tasty, but effect-wise, if it's the myrcene you're after, there are much better options. [​IMG]

There are terpenes that can benefit and enhance your life, as well the effect of your cannabis, in many plants...

[​IMG]

Alpha-Pinene Is found in various trees and plants, including cannabis. "This terpene is at the highest level in the Super Silver Haze. So if you like pine-tree smelling and tasting weed, think of growing this strain, or use it for crossings."

***Limonene "is a cyclic terpene. It is a colourless liquid at room temperatures with an extremely strong smell of oranges." This is where many strains get their citrus orange, lemon flavors and odors from.

Sabinene is found in high levels in many haze varieties.

***Myrcene, or β-myrcene, - THIS is the terpene available in some fruits and plants, including mangoes, that causes people to feel that eating mangoes before smoking, will get them 'higher', which is somewhat true, only if the myrcene levels are high enough, and not diluted by so much plant flesh. For a more reliable effect, simply sniff your preferably fresh bud the instant you break it open, and enjoy that nice fragrance, just prior to smoking it. True widow strains develop high levels of myrcene.

The fresher the herb, the more terpenes it likely has available. The terpenes are released so easily, that in some commercial bud they have often already mostly dissipated, before people have a chance to use the canna, in which case additional terpenes from fruit can help.

TERPENES IN GRAPH:
    1- ALPHA PINENE
    2- CAMPHENE
    3- BETA PINENE
    4- SABINENE
    5- DELTA-3 CARENE
    6- ALPHA PHELLANDRENE
    7- BETA-MYRCENE
    8- ALPHA TERPINENE
    9- LIMONENE
    10- 1.8-CINEOLE
    11- Y-TERPINENE