Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Success! My Tasty Kief Candy

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by powerpuffgirl, Nov 9, 2011.

1. #1 powerpuffgirl, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
    I know there's already a ton of information on candy making in the forums, but tonight I tried my hand at making my own hard and soft kief candy and I thought I would share my experience with all of you lovelies. :p

I found the entire process to be simple and fun, and the end results were better than I could have hoped for; potent and tasty. :hello:

For the hard batch, I decided to do a cotton candy bubble gum flavor.
    I used this easy recipe:
    1 cup regular white sugar
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup light corn syrup
    1 tbsp kief butter (the potency is up to you; I used 1g super dank mixed kief)
    A couple splashes of lor-ann candy flavoring, depending on your preference. (I used 1/4dram cotton candy, 1/4 dram bubble gum and a few drops of watermelon)

I heated the sugar, syrup and water in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly until my candy thermometer read 300º F.

As soon as it hit 300º, I took it off the heat and mixed in the kief butter and flavor oil quickly until the mix appeared homogenous. I then poured it onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and dusted with powdered sugar.

When the liquid candy cooled enough to become pliable, I quickly cut it into strips, then bite sized pieces with kitchen sheers and tossed them around in more powdered sugar to keep the pieces from sticking together.

From there, you can allow them to cool further and package them in an air tight container or a plastic bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the second batch, I went for pink lemonade.
    I cut the first recipe in half except for the amount of kief in the butter (this way they would be twice as potent). I also used 1/2dram of lemonade flavoring, and tossed them in a mix of jell-o powder and confectioner's sugar to make them more sour.

The reason that they came out soft instead of hard is that I didn't let the candy reach the full 300º. Instead, I only heated them to about 285ºF, within soft crack range. The result was a hard taffy consistency that could pull a crown out if you're not careful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They turned out great. Both have a noticably green flavor, but it's nothing hashy or overpowering. I could eat these candies all day long.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

Note: I made my mix weak so that I could munch without overmedicating. The potency should be based on your own tolerance and preference. It may take a while for you to feel the effects. Be patient and wait before re-dosing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sososo ! how many did you eat at once! how many buzz`s do you get from your 1g of kief

3. why are all the stoner chicks near me chavvy derelicts?

Also, they look really good aha, awsome job!

4. The pink lemonade sounds like it'd be awesome with a citric acid/sugar coating. I've noticed lecithin to take out a lot of the weed taste for whatever reason, if you find the grassy taste annoying.

Because you haven't asked if any others do, most likely. Something tells me this poor girl is going to have an inbox loaded with lonely basement-loving folk.

5. OMG it's a girl.

6. [quote name='"eazydoes"']OMG it's a girl.[/quote]

A PRETTY girl!

7. [quote name='"JTH"']The pink lemonade sounds like it'd be awesome with a citric acid/sugar coating. I've noticed lecithin to take out a lot of the weed taste for whatever reason, if you find the grassy taste annoying.

Because you haven't asked if any others do, most likely. Something tells me this poor girl is going to have an inbox loaded with lonely basement-loving folk.[/quote]
    I'm gonna bet you're right haha
    [quote name='"eazydoes"']OMG it's a girl.[/quote]

[quote name='"KyleMatthew"']

A PRETTY girl![/quote]

Yeah guys that kief candy looks awesome

8. I had about 5 medium sized pieces and I slept like a baby.

I can get at least 15 soothing servings from the amount of candy I made, or fewer stronger buzzes. :smoke:

I kinda like the weedy taste. It reminds me that they are medicated and keeps me from over indulging. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies gentlemen! :wave:

9. damn those look good. do you think you could use glycerin tincture in em?

10. I'm no expert, and there is lots of information on candy making online but I would think it would be fine to add any concentrate of your choice.

I added kief butter to a normal candy recipe and it worked perfect.

Post pics if you do end up making some! :hello:

11. That is fucking awesome!

I gotta try this!

12. i swear i get candy like this from a friend of mine here on GC.

you in colorado lol?

13. Here's the Lor-Ann website to give you an idea of what flavors you could try. I picked up mine at Farmking, but they have them in craft and hobby stores too.

https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors.aspx

I might do root beer, sour cherry and banana sometime soon. Mint or Egg Nog flavor would make good holiday gifts...

Oh! And check out candy molds! They're super awesome looking, and if I wasn't so poor atm I'd be scooping a balloon shaped one for lollipops!.

14. Nope, no where near. Does your buddy use kief too, or another concentrate?

Oh, and what flavors does he make/do you like? :yummy:

15. he makes watermelon.

i take like a piece as big as my mouth and break it in half and just munch for like 2 hours and get so medicated i just laugh and fall asleep.

they use bubble hash. which is just like keif.

but they use like 2-3 grams a batch.

16. #16 BadKittySmiles, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011

Just a tip, you can not use a concentrate (such as BHO), glycerin tincture or alcohol tincture in hard candy, if you want decent or reliable results. :)

Glycerin attracts up to 20% its weight in moisture (destroying candy) and alcohol must be evaporated, in which case your delivery vehicle is gone!

Glycerin can be used in gummy candy...

[​IMG]

Oil is your best bet for making hard candy...

Glowing 'Kief' candy...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard enough to shatter for 'glass candy'...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

17. I cut the original recipe in half for my hard candy, and in 4ths for my hard taffy, so i think the potency of ours should be about the same.

Watermelon sounds delicious though! Juicy enough to cure cottonmouth :hello:

18. Sweet :eek:

How do you mold your candy so neatly? Do you pour it straight from the pan, spoon it, or?

19. You look oddly a like the girl next to me in class right now o.o I think she thinks im weird for staring now haha

20. "This stoner was just starrrrring at me!" :p Lol, try not to creep anyone out! :smoke: