Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Someone please tell me why this isn't working

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JohnCRiley, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Okay so I had a bunch of trimming/small leafage/stems/ground bud from some pretty good stuff I had.

I decided to try to make brownies.

I put the crockpot on, put 2cups water in it, 4 sticks of butter and ~35grams of the mix in. I let it go for ~6 hours. After 6 hours I strained it with a cheesecloth, then put that in the fridge. Next day, we seperate the butter from water.

Time to make brownies! We melt down 1/2cup of the butter in the crockpot so we can mix it in. (It's solid from the fridge)

We mix it up, put it in the oven @ 225-ish degrees and after about 45 minutes it's still soft inside, but it's done enough so we take it out.

We cut 12 slices. I ate 1 and nothing happened really. Friend ate one and said he felt it a little.

Can't figure out what I did wrong. Anyone have any ideas???
    This isn't my pic, but this is what the butter looked like. http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3141/picture015mu2.jpg

2. What's your tolerance like when smoking? Not everyone gets high easily from edibles. It's possible you needed more than one serving per person, or you could have cooked the butter on too high of a temp.

3. But we cooked the butter in a crockpot. Idk it was on low.

It usually takes me about a 1.5g chronic blunt or probably about .6g in a bong.

4. maybe it was the quality of the trim? when I do butter I use the same ratios and usualy about 1.5 - 2 brownies do the trick, but I use all sugar trim....not saying you didn't ...just giving an example..if it's not that then idk..

5. It wasn't top quality trim. Do you think I should've just used more trim? It's just I can't tell if it's even remotely working you know?

Or do you have any other suggestions for what I should do with my remaining trim? Should I try green dragon or what do you think?

6. do what you want to do with it :) I like to process trim by dry sifting all that I can before it turns green....then I run iso with the remainder..then I left that stuff dry and make butter with the leftovers...I usually do 2oz to a lb. after it's been processed like that.

Iso is pretty easy. just fill a baggie with trim, fill halfway with alcohol, mash around a minute or 2...then nip the corner of the bag, squeeeeeze it out,and run the 'juice' through a coffee filter....then into a pan or a plate to dry....then you can still make butter too if ya want...sometimes I just throw it out.

edit: if you can't feel it working, then it's definitely not! :p

7. When you mix water into your oil, you are reducing its efficiency as an edible solvent.

Adding water, was originally used as an old fashioned and ineffective method of temp control, when cooking over a burner or open flame... But the material would still come into direct contact with the heat, from below! While it was popular in the 70's (and still is, in some 'resistant' smoker circles, even today), it wasn't very clever or well-thought-out. :)

Now, we know that we should go so far, as to even use clarified butter... this is butter, that has been processed to remove what little water it has! (And the milk solids.)

When you use water, mixed with your oil, you will degrade your potency, before it can even become bioavailable! This is why we have so much dosage discrepency, and so many failed edible stories...

Varying processing methods, require varying doses. Edible cannabis can be much more potent, than the same amount when smoked. Eating it, is the more efficient route... But only with the correct processing.

Otherwise, you have to make up a lack of processing (or over-processing), by using much, much more material.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

8. Very interesting and it makes sense to me. Thanks a lot you all for the help. Very much appreciated.

9. Well I was lazy and tried hashmouf's guide with 3 sticks of butter and 1 oz. Nothing. I give up lol. The weed is haunted.

10. I made some canna butter last night with about 30g of AVB into 1 stick and a tbls or so of pnut oil to fully saturate. Melted it down in a double boiler for about 20 min then put in fridge over night and re heated this morning in the doulbe boiler again.
    Strained it and took a piece of bread and dipped half of it once real quick in the dark green butter. It was so nasty I about puked.
    Not sure how much I ingested but I have just a slight buzz.
    I have smoking for about 20 years with the last 2 yrs dank chronic at about 7g a week. So I guess my tolerance is kinda high. ;)

Thx for any input.

11. #11 RobertGrow, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    Did you decarb? If you don't decarb all you get is a brownie with plant material in it. No perceptible buzz.

Edit1: If you are decarbing, make sure you have the correct temperature and time. If the temperature is too high you will literally vaporize all the THC in your bud and you will be left with nothing.