Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me get my great-grandma stoned!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PhishFanLlama, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I need help with something!

My grandma is 82 years old, 5'3, 130 Pounds.

I want to get her stoned.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, I was lounging in the living room, looking through the deepest depths of the internet for funny cat pictures and listening to the Grateful Dead. It was a pretty lazy afternoon. My grandpa and grandma were both out working. (They're both only 60)
    My grandma usually sits out on the porch for a few hours, just chilling or drinking or sometimes reading a book. Other times, she's just watching TV in her room. Today was pretty chilly, dreary and windy. It's been raining for the past few weeks. She came inside to ask about my future, and what I plan to do. (I dropped out of college for the time-being.. I wasn't motivated or interested enough in my studies- not because of pot, but because I don't want to be a teacher.)

We started talking, and soon enough, I drop the question, "Have you ever smoked pot?" She started laughing. "One time.. When I was about your age. I couldn't handle the smoke though, I coughed and coughed.."
    "Is it something you'd ever try again?"
    "No way! I'm 82 years old! My lungs can't handle that crap!"
    "Well.. What if you ate it?"
    "What do you mean?"

And so it began: A story about all the times I've cooked pot into things, smoking, what it's like being high.. (I told her it was like trying to explain what being drunk is. You can get close to describing it, but you can't really KNOW until you've experienced it.)

She seemed pretty interested, and agreed to wake me up when SHE wakes up tomorrow, and we'll do some baking, and then we'll do some baking.

SO! I'm asking you guys how much to put in. I have half an o of shitty mids (I just moved to a new town and don't have connections yet.)

I've been smoking for about a year and a half now, and about 3 one-hitters of this stuff gets me giggling like a schoolgirl.

I figure I should put maybe .35 grams per cookie? She probably has an extremely low tolerance, considering she's only smoked one other time in her life. I want to give her a head high, and not so much a body buzz. She requested chocolate chip. I can't make more than three or four cookies. (My grandpa listens to Glenn Beck. 'nuff said. Can't have that shit around.)

I'm also fairly concerned about her being allergic. I was reading up on weed allergies.. My mom smoked a few times, but by no means chronically, and my grandma has never tried it.

If I have her touch the weed, would that be enough to initiate a reaction from her if she IS allergic?

She just trusts me completely, and I don't want to fuck it up.

2. I don't think you can be allergic to weed.

However, you should tell her to smoke a bowl with you. Not a joint so she doesn't drop anything on her, help her smoke a bowl and see if she enjoys it and if she does great job on making a old women happy!

However Food wise, I suggest brownies.

3. are you making cannabutter or what?
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...pe-guide-cannabutter-step-step-pictorial.html
    1/2 oz of trimmings for 1 cup of butter so yes you have enough...you could probably put less in if you're only making three or four cookies

now sure about the allergies but personally i wouldn't have wanted to start with edibles...it's too intense and hard to gauge how much you need to eat

if you want the head high then try to smoke a sativa

4. Weed allergies? Never heard of those before bro!
    And 0.35 is a bit on the heavy side, thats like a joints worth haha! She would be stoned off her tits! Maybe make variations ranging from 0.2 to 0.4, im sure they would do the job. Just chill, the worst that can happen is she gets too stoned and throws up, and that has a 0.00001 chance of happening! Just chill it bro, it will all go better than expected :)

P.s, i think its really cool that your going to be munching some eddibles with your great gran! Props brother!

5. She requested chocolate chip cookies, the ingredients for which I have in my cupboards. No cocoa :(

6. I'm excited, but also really nervous. Like I said, I just don't want anything to go wrong!

I figure I'd make 3 or 4 cookies. I've made canna-butter plenty of times, I just don't know how to gauge how many grams a gram can handle! (And I'm a chick. whooooo!)

7. she cant smoke a bowl/joint because she doesn't like the smoke. OP, if you want a mild buzz, split 1 gram up between the 4 cookie, that way, if she doesnt like it, it wont take too long to wear off, but if she does like it, she can easily have another one. Good Luck OP !

8. That sounds like the best way to go!

9. You can always eat more, but there is only one way to remove eaten food.. you kno.

So my advice is give her like .25 per cookie since a firecracker is around .5 per.
    If shes feeling good then she can eat another, if not, then just chill. Also get her a vape. G-mom sittin in the lot b4 work vap'n, awesome.

10. Keep in mind, firecrackers are 'worst-case-scenario' edibles, meaning they are under-processed versus a quality oil, and require such high doses because often times, even those increased quantities still do not effect people as much as they'd like, due to the firecracker's severely reduced bioavailability.

At the risk that the oil may be made properly (lol), it would be MUCH safer for her to start off with 0.10g, or less. Like others have said, she can always eat another if she'd like, but once it starts kicking in, if it's too much, even vomiting won't help her and to be honest, in a woman of her age, cardiac arrest may be a possibility if she gets too scared, or nervous, in the anticipation.

Edible cannabis has the potential to be much more powerful than the same quantity, smoked... but only when processed properly. This is why we have so much dosage discrepancy, and so many failed edible stories.. it's all in the processing. There is a strong possibility that she wouldn't feel very comfortable if she smoked or vaped the same amount, that some younger and regular users find adequate, let alone if she ate that same amount in a properly made oil.

Your grandmother must have at least one, if not a few favorite brownie and cookie recipes... as far as the quality and potency of effect goes, your oil is the most crucial component. So once you have that down, you can apply it to any of your grandmother's favorite brownie, or cookie recipes. :)

..... And if she enjoys herself, let her know it doesn't just stop at cookies!

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

In the above link, you will also find tutorials for:

Capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the above recipes and tutorials, are in the link.

Have fun, and good luck! :)

11. Can I be your best friend??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :smoke:

12. I'm allergic to everything. Wheat, oats, all grains , soy , flax, and many others.
    But not weed she should be fine. Have fun.

13. Why would you quote that dude lol

you have a dope grandma :p

14. lol i know i just spent like an extra 5 seconds scrolling

15. So what happened did she get blazed?