Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to mail lollipops with THC?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ctstoned420, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Couldn't really find a forum for my question, so I guess the "edibles" section is the most relevant place to ask my question. Here's the scoop- my buddy lives in Cali and I live on the east coast. He has his medical card and can purchase lollipops with THC from the local dispensary that get you good and high for 5 hours or so (he's a daily smoker/consumer and has been for years).

So, would it be risky for him to mail me a pack of say, 50 lollipops? Should I still do overnight? Any idea if the dogs can sniff out the pops if he were to vac seal them or put them in a mason jar?

Thanks for the help everyone!

2. does it look like weed? does it smell like weed? does it have marijuana written on it anywhere? if the answer to the previous questions are no....then you're fine

3. Looks like a blow pop. Absolutely no smell, only a bit of a taste apparently. Smells like your typical lollipop. No writing on the pops (if they were, i'd have him take them out of the wrappers and just put them in a vac seal mason jar.

4. #4 Tergale, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    I would just put them in a discreet ups box and maybe pickup a box of blow pops and re wrap em in those and reseal everything up. I'm also a lil paranoid though when it comes to these things.

5. buy a bucket of lollipops and mix them in...No one will waste there time sorting out lollipops

6. they don't have drug dogs sniffing packages bro. my friends dad has been sending his bud/hash in the mail for the last 20 + years and he's never had a problem

7. throw things like a baseball, some other candy, some match box cars, and cheap toys along with it. A package to someones nephew....or a package of drugs, nobody will tell the difference.

8. Thanks for the info/suggestions all. + rep for everyone! :D

9. Yeah, you should totally post on my wall if it all goes down okay. I've been wanting to send some hash candy to my friend in Hawaii cuz they don't have any dispensaries on Maui. I got talked out of it though cuz it seemed likely that overseas packages would probably be checked with the dogs and even if the candy doesn't smell like weed to me, dogs have SUPER SMELL and also when I thought the candy didn't smell like weed, my non-stoner friend came over and said it smelt strong of weed... so keep that in mind too.

I know that I was going to leave out a return address so they couldn't trace it to me, but I didn't want to get my friend in trouble either.

It sucks how much fear the government postal system puts in me.

10. Yeah i'll let you know for sure. Thanks!

11. Yea dogs noses work differently than ours. They can smell all of whats what while our noses are only good at picking up the resulted strongest smell.

Your grandma is cooking a stew and has potatoes, carrots, beef, spices, and etc and you just smell stew. A dog smells each lil ingredient cause it's just so epic ha.

12. as long as their isnt a wrapper than explicitly state the pops contain THC, than you're good to go. the chance of your package getting searched is very small.

13. Definitely let us know how it goes. As someone mentioned, dogs can smell all the different ingredients in things so I'm not at all confident it would make it past a dog but they don't have dogs sniffing every package so if they have no reason to suspect it's anything illegal it should be fine. I'd still mail that shit anonymously if I were him and have him send it somewhere that can't be connected to you if that's an option. Better safe than sorry.

14. What if they flag it and still deliver it to my address? I have heard that the recipient can't be liable for a package arriving at their door so long as they don't admit they knew there was illegal stuff in it. That true?

15. I feel pretty confident they wouldn't put the money and manpower into a sting operation over such a small amount of drugs. You may be right about not being liable for packages that arrive at your door. That definitely makes sense but I'm not a lawyer. I'd tell him to make sure he doesn't put your name on it anywhere for deniability reasons. I'd say it's highly unlikely that anything could go wrong but there's always the chance that there are unknown unknowns. Worst case scenario is probably that you'd be on their radar if you got caught. Don't think they could really pin anything on you.

16. I mailed chocolate to a bud in FL for christmas last year. Wrapped up the chocolate like a present. It still had the wrapper on it that said medical mj and everything. No problems at all. I wouldnt be worried about the lollipop if you can barely smell it you should be fine. Plus easter is coming up soo you could make it look like an easter gift or something.

17. #17 tonster0161, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    you should be fine man it is very unlikely that your package will be intercepted.if anything tell your friend to put them in an Easter basket with other things like chocolate bunnies and some Easter eggs to make the package look like an Easter basket.
    good luck let us know how it turns out

18. If you use Fedex, I have been told that they cannot legally search your package. People get mailed pounds up where I live.

19. It's okay. One of my close buddies buys thc infused foods off the internet all the time.

20. There are no specific rules for this if it is properly packed then there is no problem.