Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. #421 BadKittySmiles, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

Herb gummies are SUPER easy to make.. if you think you'll have trouble making a good hard candy, gummies are the way to go [​IMG]

When making canna gummies, you will want to use less gelatin than many of the internet recipes call for. I've notice that many recipes severely underestimate the power of the gelatin they are working with, and if you use too much, you risk your body not being able to break it down and 'separate' the potent extract from it, quite as quickly, as it otherwise could.

-Canna Gummies-

Recipe # 1 - non-vegans/vegetarians

You will need

- 3 x envelopes of Knox gelatin (3/4 an oz, or three Tbsp)

- 5 Tbsp sugar

- 2 Tbsp golden syrup, invert sugar (syrup), or corn syrup

- powdered sugar (for dusting; amount may vary)

- 3/4 cup water, or your favorite juice, divided

- glycerin tincture, or canna/hash oil, or citric-lecithin extract

- 1/2 tsp lecithin

- 1/8 tsp citric acid powder, just a pinch (if not using a citric extract)

- Your favorite flavor, added per the manufacturers directions
    (Some flavorings are more concentrated than others, I use a few drops of Lorann concentrated oils.... or no extra flavor at all! Canna actually tastes pretty good, and almost 'fruity' in and of itself, in a sugary candy. But it could be an acquired taste [​IMG] )

--------------

Mix your sugar, citric powder, lecithin and gelatin, with two Tbsp cold juice, or water. Add the canna tincture, or oil you're working with.

Boil the remaining juice or water in a separate container. Once boiled, pour over your gelatin, canna, lecithin sugar mix. Add your syrup, and your flavoring.

Stir until blended well, pour into lightly greased or powdered molds, or onto a small baking sheet well/entirely-dusted with powdered sugar. Place in the fridge until your gelatin sets up (a half hour, more or less depending on the size/density of the candy).

If poured onto a sheet with powdered sugar, cut into thin strips... you now have canna gummie worms. [​IMG] If you'd like striped colors, make two or three batches, then pour them into the pan, one at a time, in a row, allowing one section to partially solidify before adding the next.
    Otherwise, pop your candies out of your molds, and either immediately box or bag, or dust with powdered sugar, then bag.

Recipe # 2 - Vegan/vegetarian

Using all the same ingredients as above, except you will use fruit pectin, or agar powder, rather than gelatine..

You will need

- 1.5 oz, agar or fruit pectin

- 5 Tbsp sugar

- 2 Tbsp golden syrup, invert sugar (syrup), or corn syrup

- powdered sugar/corn starch (for dusting; amount may vary)

- 3/4 cup water, or your favorite juice

- glycerin tincture, or canna/hash oil, or citric-lecithin extract

- 1/2 tsp lecithin

- 1/8 tsp citric acid powder, just a pinch (if not using a citric extract)

- Your favorite flavor, added per the manufacturers directions

--------------

Mix all ingredients, except flavoring, and canna extract, in a sauce pot. Stir well for two to three minutes, until dissolved, before applying heat.

Boil over a medium heat, until the texture is nice and thick. Remove from heat and stir in your flavoring and canna extract.

Pour into molds that have been dusted with corn starch or powdered sugar, in advance. I recommend using a cookie sheet for this rather than small, or delicate molds.. it's a bit tougher to work with (I think) than gelatin candy. Place in the freezer.

Once solid, thwack the candy out onto a clean counter top. Cut to shape. Dust further with powdered sugar, bag, and store in a cool dry place.

You can optionally use food coloring, in either recipe. :)

Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment with different textures, flavors, less gelatine, more sugar, and different brands of jello mix...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun, and good luck! :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Unreal, you seriously are going to change the way I medicate forever. Thank you. :)

3. BadKitty, can the lecithin be added after the butter is made?

Thanks for these recipes. I now make butter your way.

4. Great recipes gonna try them out soon, so many to try though!

5. #425 Joe Kickass, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    Ah, now I see why you didn't update your first post...

Not being able to update old posts is a bit of a pain, so I'll keep a list of your recipes in .doc form for people who want it.

Let me know when you get your blog up!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. instead of doc form, which we cannot all read without the office software, can you export as a pdf? then post that?

great idea! thanks bro

7. Free programs like Abiword will read that.

8. Just for you ;)

Attached Files:

9. When making the canna oil using coconut oil, why must you freeze the oil mixture? Can you strain it straight after extraction?

10. Okay so it seems that the best ingredients for making a single serving of oil from ground bud are organic coconut oil and soy lecithin. As for the amount of bud, I was thinking about using .35 grams because I thought I read a post you wrote that said this is a standard starting dose suggested by dispensaries. As for the amount of oil, I'm assuming that I just need to have enough to cover all of the bud. As for the amount of soy lecithin, you said you use at least 1 tsp to every 3 tbsp of oil. (Wouldn't this always be 1 part lecithin to every 9 parts oil?)

The only other ingredients that I have read about are the optional food grade Avocado, Almond, and Castor oils that you mentioned in the capsule recipe. I'm assuming it will always help to add all three of these to the oil.

11. You can use as much lecithin as you'd like (within reason!), but 1tsp or so per every 3 Tbsp seems to show good effect, with minimal unnecessary waste/overuse of lecithin. If using a lesser oil source, with little saturated fat, this is when I would consider increasing your lecithin usage up to roughly a 1 : 1 ratio. The additional oils are not quite as necessary or useful as coconut, and they can be skipped.

(Just remember guys, we've been trying to keep this a 'Recipe Book' thread and limit conversation, so it's neat and tidy, and on topic... but it's beginning to look a little cluttered! I appreciate the links again, but once this page is full and the next page begins, the document is going to be just as buried as all the recipes it's linking! Thought I'd step in, before we see it on every page :p
    You may have noticed I did similar, in the earlier pages, and it was getting redundant. :)

I will be posting an index in a blog, or in my signature for one-click access from any of my posts on the entire site. It will be posted once I've finished uploading the Beef Jerky, Fruit Cubes, and Fruit Salad recipes. If you have a question or comment pertaining to a recent or past recipe though, definitely feel free to post either here, or PM me :) )

12. #433 BadKittySmiles, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    -"Kat Crackers"-

or

the
    Canna Quickie
    ......~Fudge~......
    Cookie Sandwich

This recipe is fantastic if you hang onto waste/trim/leaf from purchased bud, or if

you grow, but you're running low on smoke, and you still have a few boxes or bags

of trim laying around or in the freezer.

[​IMG]

(Don't worry.. only the cookies, and Coconut Butter (or) Cacao Bliss are required if you're on a budget, or need discretion.

But if you can find and add them, I highly recommend using lecithin, coconut oil or cocoa butter, and cacao nibs (or a nut or two).

----------------------

At least a few times every day on the boards, and up to a couple times a week in

my inbox, I see requests and questions asking how to make firecrackers work, or

work better. As much as I've tried to distance myself from the "toss'n'bake" recipes,

I've finally decide to explain why they work the way they do, and to give you a few

better options!

Skip to 'Section V', if the 'how and why' doesn't interest you (right away), quite as much as beginning your own personal trial. [​IMG]

------------------
    Section I : Fat Contents

Below, are the fat/oil contents of the different materials you could potentially be

working with. In my Canna Quickie Cookies, we'll be using Artisana's Coconut

Butter and Cacao Bliss, with a little cocoa butter. And as an example of a superior

product we have coconut oil, and also we have the nutrition label belonging to a jar

of standard peanut butter.

When adding ground herb, directly to a recipe, you need to take into consideration

that these ingredients, now must function as your solvent. So, how pure is your solvent?

[​IMG]

Peanut Butter: 46% fat Cacao Bliss: 50+% fat Coconut Butter: 56+% fat Coconut Oil: 100% fat!

--------------------
    Section II : Activation and 'Edible Solvent' Purity

Now bear with me, this is very much on-topic [​IMG]

The reason we use clarified butter or 'ghee' when making canna oil, versus regular

butter, or worse, the old fashioned water-butter methods where additional liquid is

added to the oil or fat in an attempt at controlling temps, is because the purer the oil

source, the more efficient the solvent. When that solvent is diluted with a liquid which

promotes low-to-no solubility in your cannabis glandular material (your 'solute'), you

are drastically reducing the efficiency of your edible solvent. Insoluble solids

however only take up space, and where they do not envelope and prevent your

glandular material from coming into easy contact with the solvent, they do not have

as great a negative impact or effect on the efficiency of your solvent, as water.

Pre-activation or decarboxylation prior to exposure to your solvent, is

recommended even when using a pure oil source (where the decarb can physically

continue). But if you have not decarbed yet, your material can not be activated

effectively until all the water it comes into contact with evaporates, first.

In peanut butter, you have peanut solids, added salts, added sugars, and while it

does have little enough water to allow for shelf-stability, it has just enough water to

be difficult, considering what you're trying to do with it. Coconut butter is made with

pure, dehydrated or desiccated coconut flesh. No more, no less. After drying, it's

mashed, processed and manipulated until it because a creamy, smooth oily paste,

which becomes very solid at room temp and up to 86 f. During the gentle heating

and rigorous mashing process, the trace amount of water left behind during

desiccation is allowed to evaporate away, almost entirely. It is obviously not as pure,

as pure coconut oil, but it's a much higher quality (healthier, more pure, and much

tastier when prepared this way!) fat source, than peanut butter.

This may help to sum up solvents, and how they function:

"When something is dissolved, molecules of the solvent arrange themselves around

molecules of the solute. (When using lecithin, this process is known as 'liposomal

encapsulation', it is so powerful and efficient at chemical delivery, and promotes so

much cellular permeability, that is used in the pharmaceutical industry for improving

absorption and bioavailability, in everything from prescription pharmaceutical drugs,

to vitamin C - BKS) Heat is involved and entropy is increased making the solution

more thermodynamically stable than the solute alone. " - Wiki.

For us, this means that once the solvent and solute have mixed and blended well

enough, that a solution occurs, and those molecules have arranged themselves in a

protective layer around our cannabinoids, we can bake items brownies without such

a high risk of vaping away or destroying your potency... versus tossing raw or even

activated herb into a recipe, and just hoping for the best! We are now more reliant

on the smoking/boiling point of our oil, rather than the smoking/boiling points of our

cannabinoids. Degradation can still occur, but the properties and byproducts of that

degradation will remain in the solution. (When their information is right, and you do

have to pick and choose sometimes, I like to use Wiki excerpts because they

paraphrase in such a way, that most people can easily understand.)

-----------------------

Section III : Fat Types, and their Roles in Absorption

It is known that cannabinoids, and that cannabis glandular material in general, can

be broken down and coated more effectively in saturated, versus un-saturated fats.

It is also known, that MCT/MCFA (medium-chain triglycerides/ fatty acids) absorb,

and promote the absorption and delivery of any chemicals and/or nutrition taken

with them, MUCH more rapidly and much more reliably to the portal vein, for more

rapid and reliable delivery to the blood stream. The properties of other, lesser fats

sources, would instead be inclined to channel much of your potency 'in one end, and

out the other', without allowing for nearly the amount or rate of absorption along the

way, and others promote lymphatic absorption which can reduce the number of

cannabinoids to pass through your liver for conversion and further potentiating.

MCT's also have increased cellular permeability and greater polarity than LCT's,

which can help to explain their efficiency as both a solvent, and a 'vehicle' for

cannabinoid delivery.

"Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are medium-chain (6 to 12 carbons) fatty acid esters of glycerol.
    MCTs passively diffuse from the GI tract to the portal system (longer fatty acids are

absorbed into the lymphatic system)
    without requirement for modification like

long-chain fatty acids or very-long-chain fatty acids. In addition, MCTs do not

require bile salts for digestion. Patients that have malnutrition or malabsorption

syndromes are treated with MCTs because they do not require energy for

absorption, utilization, or storage. Coconut oil is composed of approximately 66%

medium-chain triglycerides. " - Wiki

Using MCT's, we can battle the first-pass-metabolism with a small meal an hour or

so before consuming an edible, without the risk of resorting (entirely) to a lesser,

lymphatic absorption. We can attempt to be sure that our livers aren't 'starving'

before medicating, and therefore won't over-metabolize (burn off) our potency, and

we can encourage the development and production of potent and beneficial

11-hydroxy THC, at the same time.

"THC or delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol is the primary psychoactive component of

marijuana.... Particularly when eaten, THC is converted by the liver into 11-hydroxy

THC, which is materially more psychoactive than THC itself, and has greater effects

on the immune system. THC also has anti-inflammatory properties and gives pain

and nausea relief. " - Rm3 Labs » The Major Cannabinoids

----------------------

Section IV : Trial and..... Success!

The Crackers made using the below recipe, have been trialed by only three

patients, besides myself... so you folks who give it a shot here, are among the very

first to try this 'revolutionized', easy-edible format. Only frosty trim has been used for

these experiments and samples... when using actual bud, the effects will be MUCH

more pronounced and powerful.

I don't plan on making these for patients, personally, but some caregivers may find

them to be useful. Understandably, I experience only a low level of interest or

demand from patients for quickie-edibles, when they could instead make them on

their own, and where they would rather procure an oil (or edibles made with it)!

I didn't ask them any leading questions, just "tell me what you think". I was told by

two patients that the Fudge Crackers do take slightly longer to kick in than my oils

(just around an hour for both, versus 25 - 40 minutes for oil), but by the time they

did kick in, they provided effects, almost too strong, for a period of over an hour!

One patient said that he noticed no difference in speed of onset. Another fellow, one

of the two who noticed a difference, said that while it took longer to hit him, that

once it did, and for a period of about a half hour to forty minutes after, he wished

that he'd started off with only half.. after trying half the following week, it worked

like a charm.

That's less than 0.25g, which is only slightly more than his usual oil intake of 0.20g!

Much better than the minimum equivalent of the two or more doses which are

usually required, to achieve the same effect for this patient in a standard firecracker!

The effects seemed, more or less, very close to oil as far as the actual strength of

onset (once it occurred), and the duration of effectiveness at six to ten hours was

only slightly abbreviated or diminished, versus a good oil. The following day, mildly

foggy after-effects were experienced by those who ate doses, just a bit higher than

their usual amount in oil. That blows the efficiency of the average firecracker out of

the water, by a long shot!

The results (so far), seem to be that the average peanut butter based firecracker

dosage required by those who participated, depending on the recipe used, required

consistently anywhere from twice, to four times the material, to achieve only a mild

effect, when compared to the Fudge Crackers which at times were overwhelming

even to those with edible experience, much like a proper oil.

---------------

Section IV: Pt. 2

Now, I selected the patients that I did, to start with, based on the fact they had tried

making their own peanut butter and nutella firecrackers at one point or another,

using a variety of recipes (identical to those here at GC, and then some), with some

amount of success. I specifically avoided choosing people, who claimed firecrackers

never did anything for them at all, who may be biased for (or even against) a new

and improved, but still-similar concept.

However I am probably one of the biggest skeptics when it comes to firecrackers,

I've never had one with less than 3 - 4 grams work for me, at all.

But I was pleasantly surprised with the effect from only a half gram, considering I

have trouble absorbing everything I eat, and that half of a gram is around the low

end of my usual personal dose (0.5g, taken two to three times per day), most days

that I'm not smoking. When I am smoking, I seem to like to smoke a LOT [​IMG] But

when I rely more on edibles, even with my digestive issues and reduced absorption,

I can cut my total intake dramatically due to their increased efficiency. When I'm

smoking, I almost always feel like another bowl... I just love everything about the

act, the taste, the smell, the packing.

It's hard to explain, but when eating edibles, that next bowl eventually and finally

seems redundant! [​IMG]

On a day that I know it's safe for me to be 'useless to the world', or if I'm planning

a trip or a function, and know that I won't be able to medicate reliably over the next

few days or week, I take triple the days dose, over the course of only three to four

hours.

Those three days worth of medicine, taken all at once, can keep my symptoms at

bay for up to 5 - 7 days after the fact with only minimal supplementing. It's not ideal,

but it saves me up to two, to four days worth of meds per week, while leaving me

(for the most part) as alleviated, as if I'd consumed those extra days worth of meds.

For patients who are quite ill, but still lead active, and healthy lifestyles, I

recommend heavy dosing on the first day of a two day weekend, or on the evening

before a single day off. This way, they can have one nice, relaxed, sedative

recovery-day, and then for the rest of the week their symptoms will be decently

controlled, and they will be comfortable with only minimal medicating. As a result,

they will deal with fewer of those 'goofy' (but admittedly enjoyable!) side effects,

which may not be as desirable when you have a conference in an hour. [​IMG]

The first time this attempted, a patient should begin with only a day and a half's

worth of medicine, and work their way up from there. The first two, to three weeks

of this regime may present a minor challenge for those who lead very active

professional lifestyles; you will notice that you feel a little logy at times, even after

days of abstaining. That will wear off, and when it does, unlike MANY

pharmaceuticals, it will leave you with the beneficial/medicinal effectiveness of your

medicine, without the groggy after-effects during the following week. So if you have

the option to begin treatment on a long weekend, or during a vacation, do so.

Long story short, do not take edible cannabis lightly! Smoking hits you fast, and

wears off almost as quickly. But especially if you are new to the edible experience, it

is possible to remain partially medicated for days on end, as the effects from even a

minimal dose taper off.

---

** Remember, your personal tolerance and the quality of the material you're

working with, will determine your recommended dose. You'll want to use about the

same amount you'd normally smoke, so it's a good idea to have a puff first if it's a

new batch of meds, just to get an idea how much you should be using.

----------------

Section V: 40 Minutes, 'Til The Good Stuff (... ie., the Recipe)

Preface:

Now you have two options when prepping your materials right from the get-go; store bought
    cookies, or home made.

Those of you who feel that, for you, cooking out of the blue may seem odd to your

'housemates', where you've never done so before in your home... this is all the more

reason you should make your own cookies. It's super-simple to bake cookies, but

most importantly, they're canna free and it doesn't matter who watches! If they're still

suspicious, you can even share.

So why not begin to foster the idea, among your fellow live-ins, that you do have an

interest in cooking or baking every now and again.. make it nice and obvious that

you're just curious and being productive, and you're only making something innocent

and tasty, then the next time you use the oven, it won't seem quite so odd or out of

place. [​IMG]

But maybe you don't feel confident enough in your skills, to make a batch of

cookies. Or maybe you don't feel confident enough that you could get away with

baking a batch of tasty morsels, in front of your very curious and concerned

companions, without losing your manhood ( :p ). But if you don't cook, maybe you

make some of those freezer meals.

Conveniently, 'Hungry Man' dinners, and similar, will usually take about 40 minutes

to cook in the oven. You can absolutely set them for a lower temp without spoiling

or ruining the meal, they'll just take a bit longer to cook and finish... which gives you

all the time you need to get your cookie out of the oven, and into the freezer, before

you've finished up.

Even if you don't usually make those frozen meals, you should be able to get away

with it, without hearing anything more than, "oh, a TV dinner? Ok then."

These meals offer nothing to share, and even less to be curious about. [​IMG]

And lastly, refrigeration is NOT required, or even recommended for Coconut Oil,

the Cacao Bliss, and Coconut Butter! They won't spoil for usually well over a year

after purchase if not longer, and actually keep better for use at room temp in a

pantry.. due to their solid nature, they can be almost impossibly solid when kept even

below 60 f.

So if discretion is necessary, you can keep all you need for this recipe in your dorm

or bedroom, and prepare everything in advance, before even heading to the kitchen.

------------------

You will need:

- 2 soft, moist (or if homemade, oily) chocolate cookies

- Artisana Coconut Butter, Cacao Bliss (one, the other, or both).

- Foil

- 0.4g - 0.5g, per serving, or however much you'd normally use per session (or per day, for heavy/regular users)... then start with half!

Optional:

- lecithin

- Coconut Oil, Cocoa butter
    (recommended... the higher the fat content and

the more-pure the oil, the better, and unlike

other 'butters', a good 'cocoa butter' is

actually almost, if not entirely, pure oil)

- Cacao Nibs, or a small nut or two
    (I very much recommend this addition,

as it can help to support the space or

gap between the two cookies, once

your oily butters melt, and become a

liquid)

------------

[​IMG]

Spread a good large square of foil on your counter, and sprinkle your well-ground

herb or frosty trim evenly, over a small area in the center. Now, begin folding in

such a way that you create a 'pocket' of air, inside where your herb is contained.

Once folded into a convenient square, fold once more all four edges (only to about

¼ an inch), to fully seal the center pocket.

[​IMG]

Begin preheating your oven to 320 f, first setting the foil square inside, on the top

rack. Set a timer for 7 minutes... the oven will usually not reach 320 f in that amount

of time, but it will still be quite warm with the element heating from below. This gives

you time to begin preparing your (already made) cookies, if you haven't done so in a

more private area.

Spread Cacao Bliss on one cookie, and Coconut Butter on the other. These

butters are much more solid at room temp than peanut butter; I find that by scooping

up a teaspoon or so, I can quickly press it into a flat disk by hand, then place it on

the cookie to adhere, without too much melting or mess. I used a bit more than

what is really required for the tutorial, in order to show you folks at the end, with a

sort of 'midsagittal section' diagram, just how little oil is needed and used by the

material without manual agitation.

Remove herb from oven, and carefully open the foil without tearing, for later use.

[​IMG]

Sprinkle your herb on the more-oily of the two sides (the cookie with the coconut

butter). Sprinkle lecithin on top of your herb. Sprinkle pieces of cocoa butter, or

coconut oil, on top, and finally, add your few nut pieces or cacao nibs.

[​IMG]

Place the other cookie, Cacao Bliss side down, on top.

[​IMG]

Place in the center of your foil (if it tore, get a new sheet). Fold over one layer at a

time, flattening and smoothing -each layer individually- close to the sandwich, before

folding down the next, sealing it up nicely, and putting a bit of pressure on the edges

of the cookies inside, pinching them together and shut.

[​IMG]

Now, if you're using one, it's time to take out your hungry man dinner [​IMG]

Place your foil-wrapped cookie sandwich near the back of the oven on a baking

sheet, on the middle rack, and set your timer for 40 minutes. If you have one, place

your frozen meal just in front of it, providing some cover.

[​IMG]

Once your timer goes off, remove your cookie. If you're having a frozen meal, at this

time you can feel free to increase the temperature, according to the manufacturer's

directions, and allow another few moments for your meal to continue cooking.

Place your foil-wrapped cookie sandwich in the freezer, and go get your

now-cooked frozen meal. Eat it, relax and digest for a while, and in about 2 hours

when you're feeling snacky, your edible will be ready for you (and you, will be ready

for it)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The oil has penetrated the glandular material at this point, but you can see how

isolated the diffusion of potency (and inert material) is... even if it was blended into

the oily butter immediately before cooking, without that extra agitation and manual

manipulation mid-way through a more extended, gradual heating, it only diffuses so

much potency from the inert plant material.

(As mentioned, more coconut butter than is required has been used, in order to show in

better detail how much diffusion occurs, and where it stops.)

And this is in a better oil source than peanut butter, and even most of the canola oils

people add to their peanut butter. The less effective oils in peanut butter, can only

seep in and break apart so much, especially in the only 20-25 minutes of cooking

suggested for a standard firecracker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------

Tip - ( Ideal Method ) - If at all possible, decarb in advance and store your

decarbed material, well blended, in a jar with a portion of Coconut Butter, using

only as much butter as needed for the dose/s that have been decarbed. You can

store your material for MONTHS this way. By the time you're ready to use it, even

if after only a few days, your potent material will already be well on its way to

achieving bioavailability, and the period of cooking will be much more effective.

----------------------

-Simple Fudge Cookies-

You will need:

½ cup flour

¾ cup cacao/cocoa powder

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1/3 - ½ cup oil (or canna oil ;) ), or enough to make your cookie dough, into an almost-runny batter... I use cocoa butter, VERY tasty. :)

½ tsp vanilla

-------------------------

Preheat oven to 355 f.

Blend all ingredients until a batter-like consistency is formed.

Very lightly grease a cookie sheet, or foil.

Drop heaping teaspoons of batter, one at a time, onto the sheet leaving 2 inches

between each cookie, and spread each blob into thin disks.

Bake, for only 3 minutes, at 355 degrees. Remove them when they just hold up their

shape, but are still nice, moist and fudgey.

Place in the fridge or freezer, and allow to become solid for easy spreading of your

butters. Unconsumed portions are best kept in the fridge, rather than a pantry.

These cookies can be eaten just as they are; they taste very much like a delicious

fudge, with only a hint of cookie! But unlike graham crackers, they can handle the

long, extended baking required when making your Canna Fudge Sandwiches, and

still come out DELICIOUS after all that baking [​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I just read through every page of this thread. All I have to say is...

[​IMG]

I would seriously buy a cookbook with recipes like this in it.....and I would hire catering! Kidding on that...but serious on the book!

• Like Like x 2
  14. So I made some CannaOil and I did it exactly like you said minus the lecithin but the problem is the stupid electric oven that I have is hotter than it says. I set it to 200 just to be safe and I put a oven thermometer right next to my dish (which was covered with foil) and there where a couple of times the temp got to 225. Now I am not sure if this ruined my oil but I had a brownie that I made with my oil and I didn't feel anything (not sure if I ruined the oil or if it just wasn't strong enough)

I usually smoke .15 grams at a time and I made 12 total brownies so that would equal 1.8 for the whole batch. But I used double that but even with 3.6 grams total I didn't feel anything. So I am pretty sure I ruined the oil but I want to hear what you think thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Hmm, it doesn't sound like enough went awry, to have had TOO much effect on the quality of your oil, but let me ask you a few questions :)

Did you remember to decarb? What kind of oil did you end up using? Did you remember to (and for how long did you) freeze your oil part-way through the process? What had you eaten prior to having your edible (and how long ago). Do you have edibles often, and have you ever had stomach issues? And finally, explain a little about your brownie recipe if you could, the cooking process, the ratios of flour or mix, to oil and water, or milk etc. Other than that, I would think your oil should have been just fine, if you haven't yet let someone else try one to see what they think that may be the next step.

One more thing, how long ago did you eat your brownies.. if it was less than a few hours ago, and these are your first edibles in a little while, I hear from a few people now and then that they seem to have either an initial edible tolerance, or a delayed effect for their first edible in a while, and it either catches up to them after an unusually long wait (I've heard stories about edibles kicking in 8 or more hours after consumption) or after a sleep, and the next edibles seems to hit quickly and as usual.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']
    Did you remember to decarb? What kind of oil did you end up using? Did you remember to (and for how long did you) freeze your oil part-way through the process? What had you eaten prior to having your edible (and how long ago). Do you have edibles often, and have you ever had stomach issues? And finally, explain a little about your brownie recipe if you could, the cooking process, the ratios of flour or mix, to oil and water, or milk etc. Other than that, I would think your oil should have been just fine, if you haven't yet let someone else try one to see what they think that may be the next step.
    [/quote]

1. Yes I decarbed just like you said
    2. I used 100 percent vegetable oil
    3. Well I put it in the freezer over night after the second 45 minutes
    4. It was the first thing I ate I had it at about 11am yesterday then I ate some French fries about 2 hours later
    5. It was my first edible and we think i have irritable bowel syndrome
    6. I used the Betty crocker fudge brownie mix which called for 2/3 cup of oil and 1/4 cup water and I baked it just like the box said

17. What type of vegetable oil? The freezing sounds perfect.

You shouldn't eat edibles on an empty stomach though, although I would expect you'd have felt at least something. If you eat edibles when you're very hungry, or on an empty stomach, you experience extensive first pass metabolism, what this means in-short is that the liver over metabolizes and burns off potency, before delivering it to your bloodstream. The best time to eat an edible is between one and two or so hours after a (preferably greasy) meal, or big snack. After a meal, your liver won't be so ravenous or quick to demolish your cannabinoids, and you'll have primed your cellular walls and increased their permeability, allowing other lipids (and the chemicals they contain, and surrounding them) to pass through much more rapidly.

What makes you think you have irritable bowel syndrome, do you have pain, vomiting, (I won't make you tell me if you have issues using the toilet :) ). Some people with stomach issues feel little to no effect from edibles (and often have difficulty absorbing nutrition from food and certain other chemical elements), and besides smoking or vaping, they need to resort to sublingual (under tongue) or buccal (cheek) methods of intake. I used to be one of them, until I experimented with edibles for long enough.. I still need just a bit more than most people when taking edibles, even after I've let my tolerance drop a bit. It isn't common, but it's not rare or unheard of. Combined with the empty stomach, it could be part of the issue. If you haven't yet, I'd try another brownie and let a friend try one, as well. Was it standard cooking oil such as canola, or corn oil, you used?

18. image-328255891.png

I used the oil shown above.

Next time I will eat it after I have had some food. Probably tonight after I get off work.

We think I have irritable bowel syndrome cause I feel sick to my stomach almost everyday especially in the morning when I get up and it will last for hours if not all day if I don't smoke. I also get really painful cramping as well when I don't smoke. And to top it off I have really inconsistent bowel movements :(

19. #440 BadKittySmiles, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
    I was expecting to see that Wesson bottle, it's why I kept asking :) I told the better half, "just wait... it's going to be Wesson, or Crisco." These oil sources do not promote breakdown or cellular permeability/absorption as well as several other oil sources, but they are inadvertently, very commonly used, due to their availability, price and popularity as cooking oils.

Especially if you have digestion issues and pain, nausea (and if recurrent loose bowel movements are an issue, as well) you should be using a better oil source, not just for edibles, but your entire diet! It sounds like you may want to check in with your doctor, there are a variety of lesser (and more serious) digestive disorders you could be suffering from, by the sounds of it. I've had horrible trouble with digestion and absorption (of everything from nutrition in food, to pharmaceutical medications, and edible cannabis) for most of my life, and the sooner you check into it the better.
    Even if the first doctor says you check out 'normal', that's unfortunately to be expected... you'll need to get a second, third and probably a fourth opinion if you have to, before you're told something useful. No doctor should tell you it's normal to be feeling the way you do, every day... but many will, when they don't have the tools or experience to know better, or locate the issue.

Look into using coconut oil for it's MCT/FA's (medium-chain triglycerides or fatty acids) and healthy saturated fat content, or clarified butter for it's S/MCT's and saturated fat content, for you next attempts.. I think you will find they promote absorption and cannabinoid delivery much better, in both people with more 'normal' digestion, and especially for those suffering from crohn's, irritable bowel syndrom, and other digestive, and liver and pancreatic disorders. This is because the oils in coconut, and (to a lesser extent) butter, can be more-passively delivered through cellular membranes without additional energy or alteration, and are more easily delivered to the portal vein/liver, and coconut oil especially, does not require bile salts for absorption. But very rarely, even the best oils and edibles (and certain medications/nutrition) cannot be absorbed properly and do not effect people with certain disorders, and enzyme irregularities.

So if a friend tries your current brownies, and he seems a bit more satisfied with the effects than you have been, that's another good indicator you should get checked out. Years earlier, I also used to experiment with, and use lesser oils for making edibles. I'd eat three and four times my (current) oil dose and I wouldn't feel a thing, and I'd consider them a failure, then plenty of the other folks who tried them would be at least adequately effected from just a single brownie.
    Many of my first experiences with edibles, were very frustrating, and isolating... it creates a sense of distance if you're in a room full of people enjoying the effects, when you've had triple their intake, and yet you're still trying to pack bowls for yourself just to keep up. People sometimes get the wrong idea, and assume you're beyond having 'fun' or medicating yourself, and that you instead have a 'problem' because they're feeling so much more, from so much less material.

But the same tips that can help those of us with inferior digestion, can provide even more superior results for those with more 'normal' digestion. :)

" Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are medium-chain (6 to 12 carbons) fatty acid esters of glycerol. MCTs passively diffuse from the GI tract to the portal system without requirement for modification like long-chain fatty acids or very-long-chain fatty acids. In addition, MCTs do not require bile salts for digestion. Patients that have malnutrition or malabsoprtion syndromes are treated with MCTs because they do not require energy for absorption, utilization, or storage. Coconut oil is composed of approximately 66% medium-chain triglycerides." - Wiki

Hope this helps. :)

• Like Like x 2