Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official How To: Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Blueflame1986, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Hey guys. There has been a lot of discussion about "green dragon", which is alcohol chalk full of THC. How it works is, the THC is not water soluble, so the THC has to be extracted by using alcohol. This method will get you high, as well as drunk. The effects are more powerful, although they may take longer to get to you to were you wanna get...hehe...

1. Get some good liquor dudes, the higher proof it is, the better it will work. (Just make sure you can handle it)

2. Get some weed and break it up. Leave the stems in, but remove all the seeds.

3. Pour out about half the bottle of liquor (into another container...dont waste it!!!), and add the weed and stems into the bottle. By rights it should go: 1/2 gram per ounce of alcohol...or something like that

4. Put the cap onto the bottle, make sure it is on tightly. Shake the bottle for a minute or so. Store somewere for at a minimum of three full weeks. (I keep mine under my bed so nobody can peek, hehehe)

5. After you have waited the FULL amount of time, pour the liquid into a water bottle or something using a strainer to take out the weed and stuff. Now you wil have a liquid to get you plenty messed up and have a real good time!

Heres another thing you HAVE to try, Iv only done it once but it kicks ass!

Once you have the liquor strained and ready to drink, take a cereal bowl and fill it with cherries, or some other kind of fruit. Then pour the green dragon into the bowl all the way to the top. Let the bowl sit in the refrigerator for at least a day. Then, the cherries will have soaked in the dragon, and you will be able to get high/drunk effects from eating them.

Hope you guys enjoy...I know i did...hehe

2. i love eating fruit w. vodka!

3. mmm... vodka and fresh strawberries.....

4. =0 I have to do that now!

5. damn that seems pretty sick, maybe ill try it sometime

6. Damn, that sounds like a good idea for the Fourth of July parties this weekend!

7. I have to try that right now.

8. How does the alcohol activate the THC though? Wouldn't you need heat to make it psychoactive? And wouldn't this heat evaporate the alcohol?

Try it like this:

Put the grinded up weed on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet... Bake at 175-200 for about 5-10 minutes (you'll smell the buds)... Then go about doing that as described above. The heat will activate the THC, then the alcohol will get it outta the weed and into the bottle so you get high and drunk... insteada just drunk, lol...

• Like Like x 1
  9. No, you don't need to heat it, it just needs a way to be aborbed into your system. By smoking it you are vaporizing the THC which is then aborbed through your lungs. When you bake with it you are dissolving the THC into fat, which is easily digested into your system through your stomach. When you are using alcohol as a solvent, the THC readily dissolves into it and, as you know, alcohol makes it into your bloodstream quite easily.

10. I really love this site. I learn things every day. From everything I've read I do believe AS is 100% correct. I don't talk about it much because people will blast you if you say you don't have to heat weed to extract THC. (other than Cottons because he is such a dear)

I really want to try this.

11. That's really fucking impressive.. Whoever made that up one random day, good looks dude.. keep tokin'.

Definitley going to try this..

12. I'm going to make me some green dragon for when i go up to Warped Tour. This is gonna rock! +rep to blueflame

13. I'd totally make this a sticky, dude.

14. Man, the only band that I like on that tour is the Dropkick Murphys. They are one of my favorite bands though. I'm lookin' forward to Tom Petty and OZZFEST!!! Hell yes.

15. but Offspring! and My Chemical Romance, its going to rock all kinds of ass.

whoops, better stop here don't want to fill this thread up with off topic talk. But when i go through with making some expect pics!

16. ive been plannin on makin a batch of green dragon for a little while now and have about three to four grams of stems saved up. is that a good amount to mix with half a bottle of vodka and get nice baked or should there be more.also does the high take longer to hit you and how many shots should you take?

17. The drunkness, or whatever you call it, will hit you, but the high will take a little longer to come on because of the fact it has to absorb into your system. I would recommend a little more weed than that i suppose..? Thanks for all the positive feedback, and rep, you guys rule. Oh, ya and when ozzfest comes to summerset, ill be in heaven...

18. Just drink as much as you normally drink.

19. Well, I did a quick search, and will admit that I'm partially wrong, partially not... You don't necessarily have to heat it, but it definately helps... Here's a quote from: http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread/t-555973.html

<blockquote>Scientifically speaking, the reactions you're interested in are the decarboxylation of delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) into normal delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and the likewise reactions for the other cannabinoids. THC is psychoactive, whereas TCHA is not.

These reactions readily take place in the presence of any one of time, heat, or an alkaline substance [1]. At 145 C, "95% of cannabinoid acid is decarboxylated in approximately 30 minutes [2]." How much time or alkaline substance is necessary to produce this reaction to a similar extent, I'm don't know (but I'd love to; someone please reply with more information!). But this does show that heat is not necessarily required.

Sources:
    1: http://www.hempfood.com/IHA/iha01201.html
    Specifically the last few sentences of the second paragraph of the introduction.
    2: http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cach...nutes."&hl=en
    Specifically section [0050]
    For some reason, the Google cache of this page is different than the actual site, and I can't find the page that Google's cache reflects.</blockquote>

Soooo. Apparantly, you can mix it with something that has a high alkalinity, or leave it for a long period of time, or apply heat... So... If you pick a fresh bud and chow down, you'll not get wasted, but if you wait a good while, or mix it with something that's alkaline, or heat it up, you'll get good and wrecked.

20. Pretty scientific cottons, haha, i like it! I've tried this method a few times and it has worked out pretty psychadelic without heating it, but i suppose it would help. What is the deal with making this a sticky? What would that mean?