Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter, slowcooker.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PeterToke, Feb 15, 2010.

1. What's up GC?
    I've definitely had my fair share of making cannabutter, but I have always been hazy on how long to slow cook the butter for.
    The last time I simmered an ounce of middies for about 8 hours and it was wonderful, but I have heard the longer the better, just not to go longer than 24 hours.
    Has anyone out there tried a 24 hour simmering process?
    If so, how did it go?
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks guys!

-PeterToke :bongin:

2. i know right every recipe you read is different it doesn't make sense im just as confused sorry that i dont know either just as confused as you.

3. When using a crock pot, i add the butter and water to it before i go to bed, put it on low, and finish up in the morning.

4. that is a great question and i always have had no idea so i decided to try several ways. I have slowcooked for as long as 18 hours in a crockpot 1lb of butter to 1 oz of mids it turned out great. I have also slowcooked for as short as 2 hours with the same recipe as above but after slow cooking i put the bud/butter/water mix and brought it to a rolling boil just to make sure the thc was decarboxoleated ending in exactly the same result as 18 hours of slow cooking so imo the 24 hour process is a little overkill there is only so much thc/cbn/cbd in the product that can be extracted so i would like to hear anyone elses feedback if they have hade similar results

5. To be completely honest, I would almost have to agree with you. I don't know, man. I've made butter with a half ounce of mids and a half lb of butter and simmered in a slow-cooker for 12 hours and it worked superbly. I have also used a LB of butter and an ounce of mids and slow cooked for 24 hours. I think both of them were equally great, but then again..I have no idea. Thanks for your input uncletryptamine, it's appreciated.

Do you ever stir it? or do you just let it settle?

ahaha I would have to think that the following ratio: 1 ounce of mids to a lb of butter works perfectly. and simmering for 24 hours might be overkill, but at least I know that it works. So, I might just have to stick to the ol' faithful method. Whatchya guys think?

-PeterToke