Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MrsEd's Test Kitchen - An Edible Journal

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MrsEd, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 MrsEd, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    Welcome to MrsEd's Test Kitchen! This is going to be my journal of my exploration of edibles. It seems that there is a lot of information out there but for all the information there are still questions in my mind. For example: The temperature to bake at for optimal THC absorption since it goes anywhere from 210 to 450. Hopefully as I create this as my resource guide it might help others on GC.

I have tried lots of edibles over the years from a Space Muffin in Amsterdam and a Chocolate bar from Cali made by others to teas, tinctures and baked goods over years however all fell short to give me any type of real effect. I tried a Cannapeanut Butter recipe I found here and finally had an effect. To be honest it knocked me on my ass for the day so now I am ready to embark upon an adventure in edibles to see what else I can learn and develop. Sounds like fun to combine my love for cooking and love for smoking (25 years so my tolerance is pretty high).

The basics of it is you need lipids (fats), citrus or alcohol in order for the THC to have something to bond to during the transformation. The high of edibles is completely different than that of smoking it. When smoking it goes into your blood stream directly while edibles are absorbed through the liver once eaten. The high of edibles for the most part due to this difference is a more "couchlock" high and can be very narcotic so plan to have time to not have anything to do when trying out your edibles for the first time. (Link to additional info coming soon)

[​IMG]

Adventures in Edibles from MrsEd's Test Kitchen Index:
    I plan to include an index of sorts here on this post to help me organize my information throughout this journal as well as link to others throughout GC who have had successful results after I have tested them here in my kitchen.

===================================
    Taste buds are different so I have a variety of eaters and smokers ready for the "test panel". We will have the following for our rating system:

:yummy: - Not really worth the effort
    :yummy::yummy: - Worth the effort
    :yummy::yummy::yummy: - A really must try effort
    ===================================

Tested with Results:
    :yummy::yummy::yummy: CannaPeanut Butter by SmokeeTheBear -
    Really easy, quick results, any amount of mj can work. My version | 3 month review | 6 month review

:yummy::yummy: Citrus Fairy - my take on a Green Dragon

:yummy::yummy::yummy: Chocolate Cake (Gluten free) Review (not tested with mj, but still a great cake)

======================================

Test Kitchen Upcoming Chalkboard:
    Cannabutter variations - in progress
    Infused Olive Oil - in progress
    Crack Bread - Link to SugarDaddie's DIY
    Zuchinni Bread - Link to Countzer0's DIY | Additional recipe from WAgrower
    Saaz's Green Dragon - Link to Saaz's DIY
    Bananas Foster
    Chicken Kief (Rooster's idea)
    Doin's Caramel Sauce
    Try recipes from The Stoner's Cookbook (any request for starts?)
    THC Capsules/Oven Activation (what temp is best and gingeng/MJ mix?)
    Red Eyes from Edibles
    More recipes to try
    Cream for whipped cream or ice cream (link)

More will be added as I work through this effort. Feel free to subscribe and tag along.

2. Sounds like a great idea! Good luck! I'm pretty excited to try edibles. :)

3. I'll be staying tuned :yummy::smoking:

4. #5 MrsEd, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    CannaPeanut Butter (Original Thread) | 3 month review | 6 month review
    Easy, quick, adaptable, long shelf life

Preheat oven to 310 degree Fahrenheit

• 3gr low grade schwag marijuana (crap weed)
    • 3/4 cup peanut butter
    • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
    Grind MJ into almost a powder, I use a coffee grinder which is only used for MJ. Mix with peanut butter and oil. Put into a metal baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 31 minutes. Internal temp to 190 F. Let cool slightly.

Recipe Tips:

• One tablespoon per joint/bowl of MJ used seems to be a good match so that you can adjust accordingly.
    • Add three minutes per additional tablespoon over one cup.
    • This can be packaged up and left at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
    Serving Suggestions:

• Spread 1oz on a piece of toasted cinnamon raisin bread for a bedtime snack.
    • Spread 2oz on a sandwich with pineapple preserves for a change of pace, the pineapple compliments the musky taste so if you have trouble with the taste this might be a good option for you.
    • Make a simple batch of fudge and then layer it with your peanut butter mixture for a change of pace no one would suspect.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Welcome aboard Yo, Frost and GreenGirl. :wave: I am excited about it as well.

Are there any certain requests for the first items for the test kitchen?

6. I'm in!! I can vouch for the peanut butter, hit hard and long... :)

7. I actually didn't even put it into capsules today. I just cut up a few bowls worth, heated, and eated. It worked great, even without cooking the cannabis in a fat/oil! Give it a try!! I was having trouble getting weak edibles from my dispensary so I decided to try the method my Dr. recommended.

8. I'd like to see a small amount of pot [5gs or less] be made into brownies. I found a thread on gc that used this site, Pot Brownies
    it calls for 5 gs, which is way better than the normal amount I've seen usually involving around a half o or up, but I'd like to see if it could be maybe only a 1/8th? Although, 5gs is allot better than a half o.

edit: a nice muffin mixture wouldn't be bad either.

9. S'up Mrs Ed?:wave:

10. i used that recipewith like 5ish g's of some decent buds and they turned out amazing. like really amazing actually.. tasted exactly like the box brownies were suppose to aince no bud wnet into the recipe, only into the oil which went into the recipe ^^

dank and recomeneded for first time easyness:hello:

11. Thanks for starting this edibles thread. My fiance has never eaten anything made with marijuana, so she is very excited to make some after the harvest.

I'm just excited that she volunteered to do the whole process...bonus! :)

12. So you actually had a two step process, one to make the oil and then second to make the brownies? Did you have couchlock or were you still able to go about your day with those measurements? So far I have not had an edible out of my kitchen that did not put me a bit in slow gear.

I am awaiting the next harvest too to really get things moving. So far it has been high grade schwag. As long as the cooking does not end up being "women's work" then it is all good. :laughing: Congrats to you and the little soon to be mrs.
    Hey 7, Have any requests for something you want the test kitchen to try?

13. I am so glad that I just saw you helping people on the beginner forum! I had no idea you had this thread! SUBSCRIBED!

That cannaPB looks fantastic! Does it have the same consistency as peanut butter? Do you think it could be used for PB cookies?

14. I showed this message to her and she almost peed her pants laughing because I am the one that cooks 95% of the time. I told her that I like to cook because I like to eat. Plain and simple. When she offered to make me some special food it was like Christmas morning all over again...:D

Thanks for the congratulations!

15. absolutely, you could also try the kind that has the oil floating on top... remove the oil and add cannabutter... my favorite :D

16. Hey Mrs Ed :wave:
    sub'd :D

17. MrsEd glad to see you doing this.

I'm doing Green Dragon as I type...lol:D

6g weed @ 8oz everclear.

I've done the butter and cooking stuff. It's amazing how crafty we are...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.