Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Capsules for a noob-tard (Crock-pot method)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ohaiwill, Jun 24, 2009.

1. So after researching and researching and experimenting, I think I can write up a decent guide and hopefully make this process easier for you guys than it was for me.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
    -A crockpot
    -A candy thermometer
    -Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (bought mine off amazon.com)
    -00 size gelatin capsules (also bought off amazon. MAKE SURE IT SAYS GELATIN!)
    -A coffee mug
    -1.5g of some GOOD bud! the higher the quality, the stronger the pills.
    -a lot of time

Now let's have a little talk first. There are many different methods of making these pills, from stovetop, to microwave, to toaster oven, to a regular oven. This method is the only one I have tried, so I can't vouch for the other ones. If you didn't know, a crockpot usually has two settings, low and high. Crockpots don't get THAT hot, compared to an oven. From what I've researched, you will get better results from simmering the bud at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time than you would with higher temperatures for shorter times.

LET'S MAKE SOME PILLS!

1. Plug your crockpot in, and turn it on high. I never used a crockpot before trying this, and I had no idea how long it takes to heat up (mine took about two hours), so keep that in mind.

2. Get 2 TEASPOONS (not tablespoons) of coconut oil and put it in your coffe mug. put this into the crockpot.

3. While it's heating up, grind up your bud as finely as you possibly can. This exposes more surface area of the bud to the oil, thus giving better results. If you can get it to a powder consistency, that's perfect. Many people use a coffe grinder for this, but I don't have one. I used my grinder twice, then tried anything I could to grind it down more. Scissors and shot glass, mortar and pestle, whatever you gotta do.

4. Now comes the part where you're going to have to get out from under my wing and go on your own for a little. We want the OIL (not the air in the crockpot) to be between 225-250 degrees fahrenheit. My crockpot took about two hours to get to this temperature, but maybe all are different. What I did was leave the lid on for half an hour, then while trying to keep the lid on as much as possible, stick the candy thermometer into the OIL and check the temperature. Keep in mind that every time you remove the lid, the temperature drops about twenty degrees, so try to take it off as little as possible.

5. The temperature we're shooting for is 230, but don't go crazy over trying to get exact. 225-250 degrees should be fine. Once the OIL is at our desired temperature, switch the crock pot to low

6. Put your bud into the oil, kief and all! USE IT ALL! stir that shit up so all your bud has oil on it. Put the lid back on.

7. Now, you can simmer for an hour and get results, but I wouldn't recommend anything under two hours. If you have the time and patience, simmer for four hours. These pills get more potent the longer you simmer them. However long you decide to simmer, I would say check the temperature every 45 minutes, and you can just stir with the thermometer while the lid's already open. The key to making good pills is simmering at a consistent, low temperature. That's why we need to keep checking the temp.

8. You're done simmering? Are you sure it was long enough? Well okay then, let's put this shit in some gelatin capsules.

9. What I did was put the coffee mug into the fridge, because I read that once cooled, this mixture turns to a play-doh like consistency. Also, do not try to pour the hot mixture into the pills, they will melt. I put it into the fridge for fifteen minutes, and it ended up being rock solid. Then I put that into the microwave for 30 seconds. I'm not advising to do this though. I would say to let it cool, but keep checking so it doesn't get hard.

10. After coming out of the microwave, they were kind of liquidy, but not like water. I poured this onto a plate. Then I opened the capsules and just scooped up the mixture with the capsule. Closed them up, and wiped them off. There's many different methods of getting it into the pills, do whatever you want (of course try to evenly distribute the mixture). Also, I can't really tell you how many pills to use, and really it doesn't matter. Just use as many as you need to get all that goop into a capsule.

That's it! That wasn't too bad was it?

"So Will, how many of this little pills should I take?"
    Well, everyone's body responds differently, so I advise to take it easy your first time. The first time I made these, they simmered for two hours, and I ended up getting 8 pills worth. It took 3 to get me high. Now I let it simmer for up to four hours, and I take two to get even higher than 3 got me. JUST BE CAREFUL!

ENJOY GUYS AND HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU! Remember, the most important things are:
    -grind your bud up to powder
    -try to keep a consistent temperature of 230 degrees

Any questions? Did I leave something out? Just ask!

2. +rep! :] gotta try!

3. Perfect. It answered some of the questions even other methods had left me with. +Rep! :smoke:

4. thanks for taking the time to write that up

5. No problem guys! Just wanted to put all the info I learned into one place to make it easy on others

6. this is a rlly fucking good guide

7. Great guide write-up man! Definitely gunna be tryin this soon.

8. Was wondering why coconut oil, can any others be used?

9. Don't know why, that's just what was used in every guide I read. I think it's something like, it's very high in fat content, and it digests quicker or easier.

10. i sense a stickky:hello:

11. tthanks man, i will have to try this sometime, its really easy to understand , and sounds like fun. +rep

12. That!

13. Great, user friendly guide. I imagine these would be good for muscle and joint pain. Thanks for taking the time to write this up, I am sure a lot of people will appreciate it.

14. Thanks for the great details on the THC pills. the only question i have is do you keep it at 225-250 for the full 2-4 hours? (simmer time)

15. I made some last night, capped out around 40 or 50 pills to be honest, I made quite a few. Kicked back 8 last night and got fucking blazed. :smoking:

shitty iphone picture but still.

[​IMG]

16. Those are some huge capsules, or you're like 8 years old, hehe. Very cool though. I keep meaning to try this, but by the time I get around to it, I'm dry and have to buy again and I think it's just a waste. :) Circular thinking, I know. hehe

17. Good stuff i'm going to try it today, ty Bro!:D

18. Great post, gonna try it soon!

19. Is there a reason we're supposed to use Coconut oil instead of olive oil that I already have?

20. i don't think it matters, you can probably use anything with a high fat content. and i feel like i've seen pills made using olive oil before.