Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you can eat it I can get you high. - pro chef.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Randomhero, May 10, 2009.

1. #1 Randomhero, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    Im a culinary grad who enjoys his goodies. Ive made everything with thc in it, and it taste better than the original non-thc induced formula/recipe. I dont enjoy making food where you are eating the actual buds/green, i think its gross and its the lazy way to bake with thc. I can answer any questions regarding cooking/baking with thc!! So ask away, oh and here is a list of things that I have made/baked with THC in them, and btw I make the best gooey brownies, a qp worth of brownies last 1 day in this town, im a hero to many and i should be on the food network for them haha. anyhow.......

THC enhanced food:

brownies
    pies
    cakes
    protein bars (35g protein per bar)
    granola
    Fruit yogurt parfaits
    muffins (usually blueberry or lemon poppy seed)
    cup cakes (Local fav is my german choc.)
    cookies
    custards (ie. creme brulee)
    ice cream (mmmm butter pecan)
    Hot coco
    No-bake oreo choc wads (my own recipee dont know what to call it, but its super potent and tastey!)

My favorite way is cannabutter using the crocpot method, with a twist ;)

mmmm im hungry how about you? ...Hungry for knowledge!!

A chef doesnt give out some of his recipes, but I can give ya help almost anything, esp with BUTTER & BUD!!

Let me start off by saying a few things about cooking with bud:

THC isnt water soluble, and its your friend when making the butter.
    THC needs fat molocules to attatch to.
    If youve never done this before, let me tell you it reaks ALOT.
    Grind weed, but not into a powder, but still dime-half dime sized green.
    Save all your stems and seeds if you have them, they contain thc that can be extracted, they are useful after alll hehehe.
    The amt of green you will be using varies, depends on the variables like the potency ect.
    I recomend decent mids and for 1# of butter i use an ounce-ounce 1/4. People complained bc my brownies were too strong, lasted too long, put em to sleep hehhe. So I changed somethings around (portion sizes haha $$$$=me) so needless to say we all benifited from this change
    (Anyone know if you can use the trimmings and leaves? Ive never had any so I wouldnt know, I use dried buds.)
    Also, for most things baked in the oven, I lower the temp 25-50deg F (example recipe calls for 350F ill turn between 300-315F) Doing this helps the thc while getting rid of the "weed taste", by this I mean its more smooth tasting, trust me people buy items bc it taste good, getting high is a byproduct

Alright, things needed to make potent butter:

1# butter - For best results one would need to find unsalted butter with the highest fat content. I recomend going to a food supplier like GFS or sams club. Dont buy vegoil/butter bars. Just a single 1# of unsalted butter. "Heavy Cream I would recomend 35%+ fat, the method im explaining doesnt call for cream, im just throwin it out there.)

H20 - 1cup

Green ground in grinder - Im using 1oz-1oz1/4midgrade for 1# butter (Hint: use a grinder with kieffer so you have some good quality thc to smoke while cooking.)

Slowcooker mid size, i use a smaller one for 1#batch, theres enough room.

H2o - its about 1-2cups (enough to cover all the green plus some)

Cheese cloth (99centsUSD)

bowl

spoon

and time

Turn slowcooker to high, add water more than less(you want to have the green floating) and green lightly stir so ganj is mixed in. Let it sit for 5-10mins covered. Stir and add butter (cube it up so it melts faster, the more surface area the better) cover and let it melt, once its melted stir, then stir a 4-5 times an hour for 3-4hours, on Low temp the longer the better my friend.

What is happening is the water absorbs into the weed, as the water is evaporating during the cooking process, the fat from the butter is being absorbed into the green adhearing itself to THC, remember thc isnt water soluble. Boy does it smell.....I put my crok under the fan above my stove to help rid the smell (doesnt help to much but i try haha) Once your patience runs out the butter is ready! Grab your bowl (I use ceramic blows, glass is also good to use) double layer the cheese cloth and cover your bowl tucking the sides underneath, doing this will help prevent the cheese cloth and green/stems from touching the cannabutter. You dont want any of the solid particles to get into this beautiful mixture. Once all the particles and butter is scraped from the crockpot and through the cloth. Take the cloth off, twist it up, keeping all matter inside the cloth, squeezing all butter from the green, get it all. at one point it will be difficult to twist anymore, and very little is comming out. well keep twisting and twisting scraping off all the goodness that comes from this tight worthless bud. Once you get all that rich thc goodness from that mess, throw it away, its now useless to you.

Cover this bowl that contains the butter and set in the fridge till all the butter rises to the top and is hard (an hour or two I dont keep track....) somehow u can poke a hole all the way to the bottom to drain the nasty water or you can just remove the hard butter mass.

Now with this butter i sub it for reg butter or any type of oil. Its better than canioil, oil doesnt have as much fat for the ganj to adhear to.

2. That list up there ^^ is just a partial list. Hell I could get you high on fillet Mignon if I wanted. Something i also did was tapioca pudding, cant believe I didnt put that up there also, its danm good!

One thing i have not tried yet would be marinara sauce. Ive read about making it awhile back, and just never took the time to try it. Baking consumes a lot of my time these days.

3. good idea on the thread man, a brownie recipe or ya know the general idea would be great

4. haha i should have read further you have ice cream on there? that sparked my interest

5. I enjoy cooking more than anything.I need to whip up a recipe for thc bbq sauce for my wings/shredded meat

6. Ill share a recipe for a thc bbq sauce ;)

7. Woah my interest on cooking+thc was nearly complety gone and thx to u i will give it a A
    another try mabey the secret is that u just have to put enough passion into the cooking as in rolling a J or packing a bowl .. with just the difference that it takes longer .. and than it may works better ..-Iam haveing a Weed-wasting Trauma while cooking most of the time .. :)

8. I get asked all the time "Whats your secret?" I tell them what they taste is LOVE. And they nod, bc it makes so much sense, not to brag but its that good.

Have fun and smoke while cooking, its great! I often just sit at the table waiting to stir the butter again hehe. But once it comes to baking, im a machine thats on full blast doing 10 things at once.

fun stufff

9. So True ... i think that cooked with love the reasults are 1000-times better :) as without .. take u time while u doing i think is a good advise! :) And a yes again smoking while cooking is also fun and on of the most joyable thinks to do while u high and i think that´s because cooking is if u know what u are doing .. very easy to handle while high and u so close u tasty food and the smell and looking on it just like watching cooking show´s on Tv just better .. or something like this :D

10. making good butter allows you to make almost anything!

11. hey, i'm a chef (sort of\ not really i just started culinary school in september through running start at a votech) too!

where did you go to school?
    i'm mostly a baker, but i really love the culinary arts too.

i'm working on making some creamweed danishes :)

12. i normally don't throw my buds away after i cooked them, i've found i've been able to cook them 2 or maybe even 3 times until they are fully drained of that precious thc..

I normally use a metal mesh strainer to strain them as well.. and after i lay them out on a baking sheet/parchment paper to dry.

I'm gonna try the crock pot idea sounds like it'd be more efficient at extracting AND capturing the thc cuz you're not just cooking it to shit in a pot and you're actually letting it heat slowly and full immersed without needing to stir it around vigorously as if you were using a pot

13. Although you still need to stir it every now and then, you just dont have to baby sit it as much. By stiring the green you are brushing off thc so it can be picked up by the butter.

And i went to cordon bleu in orlando.

Another bit of knowledge:
    When the water is evaporating out of the weed in the cooking process its drawing in the fat, replacing the moisture in the bud, hence extracting more thc equals more potent butter :)

14. The danish dough would be a good idea, or pastry,,,,,,either or. Im sure you would use more butter in the pastry dough vs the danish dough. Then the filling with thc tooo mmmm mmmm gooood! ha

15. if you could post the marinara recipe when you figure it out that would be great. ive been wanting to cook some weed pizza and i can buy the dough n cheese premaid seperate and just add the weed sauce

16. Most definitely! I will post it when i get it down!

17. yo how do i make brownies THICK?!?!? im in the US, so whats the best mix to use and how to i make that shit thick?:smoking:

18. Haha, brotha wants shit thick brownies eh? haha

Yea, well pour the mix into a smaller container that has more depth. As for the best mix, i couldnt tell you bc I use my own recipe, just buy what ever is cheaper i rekon.

19. hello, I used this crockpot method a while ago but I think I made a mistake because it didnt work. I used coconut oil because it is high in saturated fats ect. I used 2 tbl spoons and melted them then used 2/g of mids. the bud didnt stay in the oil most of the time and i think got too hot. what should I do next time?> add more coconut oil? im going to use high grade weed next time, and use maybe a glass mug or somthing? help please.:wave::smoking:

20. are you talking about a fudgier consistency? just take out a bit of egg whites. experiment until you've got it to where you want it.

or just throw in chocolate chips, if you cook it right it will almost fool you.

and i really wanna try infusing duck or goose with thc somehow. two fatty pieces of poultry, there has GOT to be a way.