Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HerbalRemedies' Pot Brownies 101 - Picture Tutorial

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HerbalRemedies, Feb 7, 2009.

1. #1 HerbalRemedies, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Warning: The smell put off by cooking this oil is extremely strong and will stink your house up!

This recipe will serve 2-3 people

Well I made a batch of brownies last night and figured I would share.

My recipe only makes enough oil for one batch of brownies. Your measurements may differ if you use a different brownie mix, so check the box!

Oil:

You'll Need:

• Pot or Pan
    • Measuring Cup
    • Strainer
    • Stirring Spoon
    • Grinder

Ingredients:

• 14g (or 1/2 oz) of bud
    • Vegetable Oil
    This is what we chose to make our brownies with, 14g of White Russian:

[​IMG]

A group shot of all the item's you'll need to make your oil:

[​IMG]

Step 1: Grind the herb and place in your pot. Now measure 2/3 cup (or whatever your recipe calls for) of Vegetable Oil, add just a little bit more and pour into your pot / pan with the herb the was just ground.

Note: We add a little more oil than what the recipe calls for because you won't be able to strain all the oil out of the plant material left over and you will come up short if you don't add a little more.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Set your stove top to Low - Med and heat the contents of your pot (oil and herb) to just below a simmer, make sure to stir frequently. Do this for 1-2 hours.

[​IMG]

Step 3: After 1-2 hours, strain the pot contents into the measuring cup. This is what the strained oil should look like:

[​IMG]

Notice it's much darker with a golden tint.

[​IMG]

Congratulations, you've just made cannabis oil that can be used in any recipe that calls for Vegetable Oil. If you'd like to make brownies, read on!

Brownies

You'll Need:

• Measuring Cup
    • Stirring Spoon
    • Mixing Bowl
    • [Not Pictured] Pan - 8x8, 9x9, or 13x9

Ingredients: (These will differ depending on the mix you are using, check the box!)

• Brownie Mix - We use Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies, since they call for almost a cup of Vegetable Oil
    • 2 Eggs
    • 1/2 Cup Water
    • 2/3 Cup Cannabis Oil

Step 1: Put the Brownie Mix into your Mixing Bowl.

Step 2: Add 2 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Water and 2/3 Cup Cannabis Oil.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Mix!

[​IMG]

Step 4: Preheat oven to 350

[​IMG]

Step 5: Spread mix into pan and place pan into preheated oven for 24-26 minutes.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Once your brownies are finished, remove from oven, let stand until cool, cut and serve!

The Finished Product!

[​IMG]

2. Very nice tutorial! +rep. Those things look deeeeelicious!:smoke:

3. great tutorial
    how many brownies did you make?
    isnt 14g's a little overkill?

4. #4 Got Bud?, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    Nice thread. Those brownies look amazing and so does the white russian, enjoy those.

5. Do you really need 14 grams of bud to make brownies?

6. That looks like a great snack, after unloading my bong.

7. 1/2 oz to one batch of brownies suits my needs pretty well. Some people may prefer less or more depending on the desired outcome...

8. Say I want a personal brownie..... How much would I be needing?

BTW. Your thread has incouraged me to make brownies now. Thanks!

9. Ty Herbal , Nice tutorial. K+ :D

10. Haha, I don't know about the amount you'd need for one personal brownie... You'd need to scale everything down...

11. Im thinking of getting a half ounce of white widow and making some brownies with your tutorial, thanks.

Btw, i saw your grow thread on this bud you used in this tutorial and I just wanna say, very nice setup you have there and very awesome outcome. You seem like you have been doing this for quite some time. :D

12. Whoaaaa 1-2 hours is way too long. I do 20-25 minutes and it works great, and I think that's longer than needed.

You really can't make a personal one. I mean you could but it would be a waste of time, just make a firecracker if you don't want a whole batch of brownies

13. i may have to do this tomorrow....

14. HR my man, defiantly getting some Rep for this, best brownie how to i've seen yet. I will for sure be bookmarking this page and trying this out when I can have THC in my system again :p

If you don't mind me asking though, how much will this stink up my house when simmering it on the stove top? With the windows open, do you think it poeses a problem? Gimmie the 1-10 scale on that, 1 not at all, 10 your house smells like a grow op.

These defiantly sound like something I want to bring to work for my lunch breaks :)

15. 1/2 really? When you say to suit you needs are you saying you have a high tolerance? I've used an 8th and made some pretty good ones that had a high lasting all day, is 1/2 overkill? I can't imagine how strong those will be...

16. When you simmered in the pot for 1-2 hours.. would you say stirring every 5 min or so would be good.

You know how long those brownies would last you then.. if you cut them up mini style.. omg soo good

17. Since we used an outside stove for this batch, I parked my car next to it (it's cold as shit outside) and ripped bong hits while it was simmering. I think I ended up getting out to stir after every song, so about 4-5 minutes, but don't let it boil within that time frame or you just burned up a lot of weed.

I have a high tolerance, but the 1/2 isn't all for me. I'll usually do a batch to last my girlfriend and I a whole weekend :) ... so if you want to get down with the numbers..

I usually bake in an 8x8 pan
    Cut into 4 equal pieces (approx 1/8 in each brownie)
    Eat 1 per day - Usually around movie time or if we go out for the day

So if your looking at it as it's just me eating a 1/2 oz in my batch of brownies, then I guess it does seem like overkill... lol.

Although, for 420 last year we did an oz in a 9x9 pan between 3 people :) The day was pretty much over at that point.

It smells. Not like a grow op per se, but it smells like weed. The smell can be pretty potent without any ventilation (exhaust fan, open windows, etc). On a scale from 1-10, probably about an 8. When anyone asks me how much it'll smell, I always remind them that anything you bake in your house will smell throughout the premise... and weed is no different.

18. One more question, i've never had edibles. My buddy made some a few months back but him and a couple of my buddies ate them before I was free to come chill with them, needless to say, I was upset :(

But anyways, I was curious how they taste. I made some peanut butter and weed toast once (kinda like a fire cracker), and that was pretty nasty. Like really nasty. How do the brownies taste? I guess I have had edibles before, damn didn't even remember that. :eek:

19. It still tastes a lot like brownies, just with a little earthy undertone, but still soooo delicious.

The high is incredible. When it hits, it hits hard. It feels like you just got done a 4 hour session and your lungs don't even hurt, lol.

The only part that I don't really like about brownies is that the downer can make you crash out like nobody's business.

20. Finally! lol i've been waiting for a good pic by pic tutorial for some pot brownies (i think?!):smoke: +rep to you mayne, looks like you got another link to add to our sig!