Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ride the Green Dragon! - Tincture Recipe [Detailed step-by-step /w pix]

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Fumar Verde, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys! I've really been getting into Green Dragon lately, and wanted to share my recipe with you guys to possibly try it out. Its a bit detailed, but it has gotten me exceedingly gone every time.

Ingredients and Materials
    1 Glass Jar *
    1 Candy Thermometer
    1 Herb **
    1 Strainer ***
    1 Pot
    1 Oven
    1 Small piece aluminum foil
    1 FL oz HIGH PROOF Alcohol ****

* = Mason jars, spaghetti or preservative glass jars work well too. You want a tight seal.

** = 1Fl Oz = .5G dank, or 1G mid. I typically also add a scoop of kief. Larger batches: 1/8 dank = 7Oz (4.5 shots), 1/2 dank = 5th, 1oz = Handle

*** = Fine mesh, coffee strainer, etc. I use those free Nylon pantyhose at all the shoe stores.

**** = 1 FL is 2/3s of a shot. Also, use 190 Proof Everclear, 151 Proof Rum, or Lemon Extract (166 Proof). The stronger the better.

================================================== =====

Step One - Decarboxylating

• Preheat your oven to 250F

• Take your herb, and break it down into smaller bits [dime and nickel sized]
    • Throw it in the center of a small sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly into a foil burrito.
    [​IMG][/URL]

• Once oven is finished, throw the foil burrito in and set a timer for 25-30 minutes; your choice.
    • When its done, check the herb -- it should be darker, usually a bit browner/golder, and smell more pungent. Grind this up into slightly coarse powder.

Step Two - The Combining

• Add the ground herb into the glass jar. Make sure to get AS MUCH of the material as possible into the jar.
    • Tightly seal the jar and viciouslyshake the mixture.
    [​IMG]
    (Optional) Step Two-A - The Patience

It may be hard to resist cooking it right away, so if that's your preference, skip this step. But here is what I have been doing recently:

• Darken the jar-- I put a clean black sock or two over to darken
    • Wait a total of 2 to 3 weeks after making the mixture to cook it.
    • Meanwhile, add a heapin scoop of kief to the mix every weekend
    • Shake viciouslytwice a day until cook day

Step Three - The Cook

• Take the lid off of the jar and place in a saucepan or pot
    • Clip your candy thermometer to the inside of the jar; ensuring the meter is submersed in the liquid.
    • Pour water into the saucepan or pot until the water line matches up with fluid level in the jar.
    • Heat on medium-low heat [On my electric stove; from 1-9, I do 4].
    • You are now HEATING ALCOHOL in a FLAMMABLE ENVIRONMENT, this is where you need to be attentive. Definitely turn on the overhead air fan if you have one.
    [​IMG]

• Carefully watch the heat level ascend until it reaches 150F, turn the heat down to low-medium [2.5, 3 out of 9]
    • Once you reach 165-175, turn your heat down to low heat [1-2], maintain that temperature range, and set your timer for 25 minutes.
    • * You can boil it for longer if you want it to be more concentrated; but keep an eye on the level of alcohol to plant matter.

Step Four - Separation of Herb and Drink

I usually don't rush into this part because the liquid will still be VERY HOT as will the glass. I have had glass temperature shock before where a batch was ruined because the glass shattered. I'd wait 5-10 mins.

• Set up your straining rig -- I like to fasten either a fine sieve or nylon pantyhose over a measuring cup with a rubber band.
    [​IMG]

• Pour the liquid through the strainer. Use a metal spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze as much liquid as possible into your cup.
    • You can either discard the herb or save it -- I've begun to save it because I've found there is still trace amounts locked in the plant matter (add it to butter).

Step Five - The Experience

• The strained liquid is now ready to be consumed. There will likely still be a bit of kief in there [if you followed part 2A] so it will continue to get stronger over time.
    • Pour the liquid into a small glass jar; you might want to use something with a small inner surface area so that you wont have residue all up the sides.
    • Compare the liquid level of one of the Strawberry Sea in the pic below with thepre-heating picture in Step 2. ^^^^
    [​IMG]

• Generally, I would stick it in the freezer [helps with consumption]. I've found that it is incredibly earthy and breathtakingly alcoholic; not the most pleasant to drink by itself.
    • Good mix suggestions: Orange juice, Grapefruit Juice, 7 Up, Cranberry Juice.
    • I find that I start feeling initial waves within 15-20 minutes; with a strong, persistent peak after about 45 mins. If you take this stuff and smoke a half hour later... your gonna have a good time.

2. Awesome, going to have to try this. got a ton of trimmings.

3. Seems very well laid out. Might make it in a few days. How much do you drink to get effects tho?

4. Why is it necessary to heat it up? Cant you just keep the buds in there for longer than 2-3 weeks? 
    I made Green Dragon with stems and left it in a cool dark place for over 1.5 years. Filtered it and didn't heat it up. Any concerns?

5. #5 owlseer, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    Wish I could try this, but I'm too much of noob =/.

6. Heat activates the cannabis @180 degrees. Lil crazy on the steps. You only need to heat the cannabis once. I bake finly ground cannabis at 200 in a pyrex pan mixing every 5-10 min. The second time you don't reach 180 so its actualy not doing anything except removing the alcohol. Better off not browning it. Your temps are prob getting real hot in the foil. At 380 you destroy the thc. Edible cannabis is an awsome thing though. Done right it'll give you a 4+ hour banging high

7. I seriously hope you forgot about your GD for that 1.5 years.. Or that is some serious dedication and patience on your behalf 

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would de carb in a glass pan with parchment under the foil. No aluminum in my tincture please!

9. The only thing I would do different is put my ground up weed in a glass pan with parchment then foil over it. No aluminum in my weed thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum