Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magical Butter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SpyVSpy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Has anyone tried this machine? :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks for the link, nice review!  The simplicity, 100% satisfaction guarantee and the 1 year warranty are appealing, but for $189.95 shipped, I'd like a longer warranty though, like 3-5 years.  But I'm still considering one.  It would be nice to get more feedback here.  [​IMG]       

3. so it just keeps it warm and stirs it?

4. I got the guys that make it as my Facebook friends n I hear good things about it they are based out of Tampa Florida

5. Anyone actually try this yet? 

6. Has anyone tried taking green dragon tincture and making a solvent transfer with this device?How does it decarb? With or without the butter or oil?

7. Ive used it, it is flawless, i posted my "Cannabutter" recipe on here and briefly mentioned it because i use it, its perfect ive used it for over 50 pounds of butter already, i was surprised it came out as the same potency as my
    recipe when using it, so now i use it. Not to badmouth anyone however my recipe i believe is potentially the best on here because it incorporates both Hashmouf's and Bad Kitty's methods with some scientific tips found from extremely
    in depth research. Been cooking about ten years now and experimenting, stopped at this recipe and deemed it perfection 2 years ago after around 20 different methods of Cannabutter creation were tested. My current one is by far the best and i continue to do research through experimenting and reading the experiments of scientists' archives in order to find potential improvements to my recipe. Feel free to try it and comment on how it came out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was gifted on for Christmas this year and have used it once before. I think that it's pretty nifty so far. Made about 2 cups of butter, plus just made about 30 oz of tincture and it's been pretty smooth so far. I like the fact that it keeps the smell pretty much contained. Although while making tincture there was a bit of stink, but it was only limited to the area around the machine. I love how simple it is.

9. why so complicated......bowl water and butter and weed together.....freeze it.....thaw it on the stove while stiring...strain it.....put back in frezzer.......take off the top layer of butter melt and strain once more simple.......

not complicated its easy and all my batches turn out great

10. Anyone who read this please disregard it, it is absolute nonsense, with this method you will utilize not even half of the herb's potential strength....so yea itll work, if you're someone who likes to waste more than half their herb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nope....Not a new smoker bud 44 year old vet  I know what being high is...My butter 1 tsp added to some oatmeal gets me high for at least 2 good high hours still being good for another three.   Oz trim and a pound is avarage recipe....thats what i use But the trim is PREMO! 

12. I've seen the magical butter device, I'm not hating on it at all, if you have the money to throw at it, I've heard performs as advertised and I don't doubt it, but I paid 15 bucks for my double boiler setup, and I'm sure the end result is the same. It's kind of the same thing as the 130 dollar electric mixers vs a 3 dollar wire wisk, they'll both do the job but the more money you spend, the less effort you have to put into it. :) 

13. [quote name="Fredbear" post="19260304" timestamp="1388528548"]Nope....Not a new smoker bud 44 year old vet I know what being high is...My butter 1 tsp added to some oatmeal gets me high for at least 2 good high hours still being good for another three. Oz trim and a pound is avarage recipe....thats what i use But the trim is PREMO! [/quote]You're missing the point. Uts a sealed process capturing all terpenes and cannabinoids unlike the normal butter in a pot method. I plan to get one myself for that reason alone.

14. It declarbs and all now. You can make anything you could make before without all that freezing BS. Its literally a button press. No need to grind anything.

15.  Now that the devices are becoming popular many users have recently been sharing lab results displaying fewer than 20% - 40% decarboxylated cannabinoids even after 3 x 2hr intervals (6hrs total) and full 8 hour runs in the butter machine at the high temp setting, as seen in a cannabinoid profile chart from a patient in CA.

"Magic Butter Run
    • Serving Size: 1 Dropper Full = 1.02g
    • 0.03mg CBG-A
    • 0.12mg CBG
    • 0.15mg CBG-TOTAL
    • 1.05mg ∆<sup>9</sup>-THC-A
    • 0.62mg ∆<sup>9</sup>-THC
    • < 0.01mg ∆<sup>8</sup>-THC
    • < 0.01mg CBN
    • 1.67mg THC-TOTAL
    • 0.02mg CBD-A
    • < 0.01mg CBD
    • 0.02mg CBD-TOTAL
    • 0.02mg CBC
    • 0.76mg ACTIVATED-TOTAL
      ∆9THC + ∆8THC + CBN + CBD + CBG + CBC "

Being a heated blender is convenient.... but keep in mind, that it's still just a container, heated to a certain temperature.

The heating performance and the heat created by the trendy butter making devices is no different or better than any other heat source, the magic butter container does not magically decarb any more, or less, or any faster or slower, than the same herb in the exact same environment in a double boiler, or in the oven.
     This is why in all those cases, including the magic butter machine, pre-grinding and decarbing beforehand is still the optimal, fastest, and most effective method to ensure complete decarboxylation in a reasonable amount of time.  It's also worth noting that, for the same reason that canning jars are intended to vent out, and not hold steam and vapors under heat and pressure, the Magic Butter machines also do vent some steam and odor; the more fragrant the starting material, the more odor will be detected.

If you need odor control:

Instead use an oven bag or a few layers of flexible foil; you can seal in and preserve terpenes and aromatics even better, and all by simply using any heat safe container you have at your disposal. The oven bag (or a convex wrapping of foil that will bow outwards with heat) can expand with the heat and terpene vapors more than a completely firm container, then the expanded seal, vapors and all, condense once cooled.

Back to decarboxylation, a brief 25 - 30 minute exposure to dry heat will encourage a rate of decarboxylation, that hours of the same temperature while submerged in oil can not. Decarboxylation occurs readily and at a much faster pace when exposed to dry air and oxygen. We encourage a fair amount of decarboxylation before soaking the plant matter, to ensure a fast and complete decarb without relying on an overly extended heating process in the oil or butter, which, besides devoting more time heating than necessary, can for some people produce too much degradation and CBN where the metabolic action resulting in CBN formation via THC degradation is not as hindered by submersion in lipids as the release of carboxylic acid. While 6 hours mixed in butter or oil at nearly 250 F in the butter machine can leave more than two-thirds of your cannabinoids inactive, a quick 30 minute dry decarb will produce fully active cannabinoids, after just a 2 hour oil extraction at only 220F.

The freezing cycle that some refer to, further ensures bioavialability after extraction; eating extracted cannabis glandular material is all well and good, but for the same reason we get better effects from an edible hash oil made with butter or oil than we do by popping pure active hash and concentrates, ensuring full bioavailability in oil when making canna oil direct from flowers, by taking steps that go beyond simple extraction and that actually encourage rapid and complete digestion, also gets you more bang for your buck. By completing simple steps and processing properly, rather than cutting corners and using simple devices and hoping for the best, you can cut down on your required dosage size while increasing the strength and length of your edible experience. :)

It's not at all that the machines don't work, they do! Like many of the add-butter-and-weed-to-a-heat-source and wait-x-hours methods, they perform a certain amount of extraction, and they allow for a certain amount of active material to be present in the solvent of your choice.

But don't give them more credit than they merit, where a container in the oven or a double boiler performs the exact same task... going even further to allow you to take advantage of a dry decarb.... and while providing a broader range of times and temperatures to choose from, to boot!

When patients have asked about the butter machines, if they have the cash I say go for it, "just so long as you're still prepared to decarb first to save time and potency, and prepare to still do most of the straining by hand".

Otherwise, when the butter machines come up I just recommend using the tools we already have access to, or better, buying one of the simple $25-30 dollar, two to four cup electric french presses and espresso machines they're based on. The electric french presses even come with a neat little straining and plant-matter-agitation aide. :D

Anyhoo, just make sure you understand what the machines actually are, and how they compare to any container that you can heat using any other heat source, before hoping you've found a magic solution to making oil easily.

Like other heat sources and other containers you can use for making oil, it just takes the right process and steps, and you'll have success. :)

But these and most edibles can be made with simple tools, that even most bachelors have laying around their bachelors pads. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Made for the "Halloween Hash Bash" with Marlon "ganja farmer" Asher, Max Random, Sophistafunk, Selecta Nikka T and a few other cool dudes...
    [​IMG]

If you need it you can find more help and complete tutorials at the CannaPharm in my sig..

Good luck, stay safe & medicated!

- BKS of BKCannaPharm

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Thanks BKS for responding I was wondering about these type of machines. I will stick with the tools I have and save some $

17. I ordered and got "accessories" Got a call from the company telling me that one of the things I ordered is already included. I am flabbergasted at this level of care and customer satisfaction. In this day of take the money and run it is unheard of. I hope I like the device 1/2 as much as I liked the care.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I recently got the Magical Butter in a package deal from cannabistraininguniversity.com the first extraction I made was tincture. All you need is everclear grain alcohol and bud. No oil, butter, or lipid required. Obiously the more bud you use the more potent the product will be, also choosing the 8hr cycle will make a stronger flavored tincture. I have only made one batch and used the 8 hr but I would assume the 4 hour to be much less flavorful. I have found that the best method of use is to mix several droppers into a drink or food. This method takes longer to take effect but you avoid the burning sensation of placing droppers under the toung. Although under the toung effects are felt within minuts, as opposed to 45 minuts to an hour when digested.

• Like Like x 1