Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cage's ultimate POTENT ready to use canna-capsules 7 easy steps!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cage22, Aug 18, 2012.

1. #1 Cage22, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    This recipe is an instantly potent capsule or tincture method no sit time is needed at all, always start with 1 pill to see how you react, it is highly concentrated ... effects may be overwhelming if too much is consumed. Use at own discretion.

Ingredients:

Food grade almond oil, food grade glycerin, soy letcehin , highest proof liquor available, syringe, gelatin capsules or spray bottle & tin foil. (available at health food stores)

Step 1. Prepping the green:

Preheat oven to 200 F
    Wrap 2.0 grams of top quality small buds evenly in tin foil ( i used 1.0 of GDP and 1.0 of Sour kush aka headband)
    Allow to decarboxylate for approx. 20-30 min or until breaks upon touch and reeks.
    Grind into kief like substance and mix a pinch of soy lecithin.

Step 2. Prepping the solution:

Mix 2.5 ml of veg glycerin 2.5 ml of almond oil and 1.5 ml of the highest over proof rum available.
    Allow to heat up in preferred method (crockpot, water bath) and wait approx. 30-45mins until all water is evaporated.

Step 3.
    The first heating:

Mix the decarb'd kief like bud with the solution, the temp should be 200F allow to cook in a pyrex or ceramic dish that is wrapped in tinfoil for 5 and a half hours, stirring periodically ( every 2 hours or so).

Step 4. The Freeze:

After the 5 and a half hours freeze the mixture (still wrapped in tinfoil) for 8 hours. After the 8 hours preheat the oven to 225 F.

Step 5. The second heating:

Once the oven is preheated to 225F, put it back into the water bath for 4 hours, stirring periodically.

Step 6. Straining:
    Strain with cheesecloth dampened with glycerin or almond oil so you loose less product.. Squeeze it out the best you can.. you can get A LOT out. Drop a few drops of almond oil and squeeze again.

Step 7. Encapsulation & storage:

Suck up fluid with syringe and put into gelatin caps... I ended up with 5 and a half ml of fluid and made 7.5 caps.

I took 2 and I'm super medicated and I have an INCREDIBLY high tolerance. Store in freezer as soon as possible. Mine ended up almost black, looks like hash oil!
    If you don't have capsules you can always put It in a small spray container and ingest it sublingualy (under tongue)
    Hope you guys enjoy!!
    This is what the end product should look like:

IMG_0626.jpg :smoke:

You can also capsule the oily weed and ingest that too. I made 2 caps..

Tell me what you guys think! & your results:hello::smoke:

2. Nice i wanna try this. I tried thc pills before and they failed. Nice job!

3. Follow these steps and it will be a success!
    post your results:smoke:

4. It's good to see that you have an interest in edible canna, and it's a good start!

But did you know you're crippling the initial strength of your oil, by cotnaminating it with glycerin without waiting the appropriate amount of time before completion, and that vegetable and gelatin capsules can't maintain their integrity for very long, with such a blend inside? :eek:

Whatever glandular material infuses with the glycerin, does not become bioavailable as quickly as the oil source!

And by encouraging evaporation during processing, you're also losing LOADS of your beneficial terpenes; they are much more volatile at much lower temperatures than cannabinoids, they quickly evaporate, but are virtually just as important to the strength and sensation provided by your tincture, as your cannabinoids! :eek:

That aside, almond oil alone is not an ideal oil source for primary delivery, especially before your glycerin becomes bioavailable; it has a very low saturated fat content, and no medium chain triglycerides, meaning you're missing out almost entirely on the potentiating conversion from D9THC, to the more powerful 11-OH-THC in the liver! :(

These lesser methods certainly do 'work' to some degree, but you'll spare yourself some effort and time, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck, and waste much less potency, if you follow a proper tutorial and recipe and if you keep the unique and individual principles and function of each solvent you use, in mind, during processing. :)

If you like your 'tincture' now, just have a read around the forums... There's a TON of great information here, that will dramatically improve your current end product! :hello:

Good luck, and have fun! :wave:

5. #5 Cage22, Aug 18, 2012
    Please test my method on a small scale. I have tested yours, only waited a week and a half to cure though ( your glycerin tincture recipe) & this one medicated me a lot better in my opinion.

The alcohol rapidly breaks down the THC into the glycerin, i do not encourage evaporation, i evaporate the solution before adding the green.
    "Whatever glandular material infuses with the glycerin, does not become bioavailable as quickly as the oil source!"
    alcohol.

Please try my method.
    EDIT
    they keep for a very long time when frozen, weeks. Small batches.
    guess you could say its an instant tincture for early usage.

6. I have, along with many others, and quickly discarded it for the methods we use in the medical community. :)

You are evaporating most, if not all of your alcohol long before your water evaporates, so it's a huge waste!

The reason 'this method' may appear to work faster than pure glycerin, is because this is an OIL based recipe...

It's not a glycerin tincture recipe, at all!

And as such it can not be compared to one!
    :eek:

Of course it will work faster than pure glycerin, that's exactly the nature of an oil-based extraction!

Cannabis glandular material is much more readily soluble in oil, when blended with oil it becomes bioavailable much quicker than a glycerin tincture, the glandular material will be attracted to it first, and just as I said before, once saturated any glandular material that begins to bond to the glycerin is not going to be as potent as possible for several weeks...

In other words, a premature glycerin solution, consumed in tandem with the oil in the short term, without the appropriate processing, is going to waste. :p

This is just a recipe for glycerin-sweetened almond oil. :D

Hope this helps clear up your confusion! Good luck and keep experimenting. :wave:

7. #7 Cage22, Aug 18, 2012
    Well you most definenlty did not test my exact procedure considering i posted this a mere 6 hours ago.
    Alcohol does not freeze, there is a small amount of alcohol in each cap ( i can see there frozen, about 1/10th of cap)
    im a medical marijuana patient and the thc pills i get from CALM and TCC do not compare to these.
    Please follow my exact processing, ive been doing different variations for about 2 months and these are the most efficient(idk why in not a chemist). I smoke at least 5-7 grams of top grade medical everyday for many years with no breaks, i have a VERY high tolerance and i ingested about 1 ml of this and got SUPER medicated for like 6 hours.
    Thank you for you input and advice, but i will continue to enjoy my methods.:smoke:
    EDIT
    like i said i believe the alcohol speeds up the process with the glycerin.
    i guess i could cure my solution for a few weeks for optimal potency
    i put this recipe out because i want to share something i thought was a good thing, it does not benefit me in ANY way to give false information, i personally dont care if anyone tries this recipe.. its beneficial for them NOT me.

8. I have yet to figure an objective point to freezing or waiting any longer than dissolution for potency. I also have yet to experience substantially different effects from the differing oil contents outside of burnout factor- the essential oils seem to be most pertinent to duration and burnout factor but not as much as CBN/CBD is. If a person thinks that the essential oils are so important, than I suggest buying those actual chemicals or essential oil products that have the compounds of interest. Every essential oil that Cannabis produces can be found in other plants or easily derived in a laboratory.

So, can anyone provide objective (NOT YOU THINK YOU GOT HIGHER) evidence that:

A: Hours of heating and time sitting after full solubulization is necessary for full bioavailibility

B: Freezing in addition to all the seemingly unecessary time and heat is necessary for full bioavailibility

C: That terpenes alter the experience more than %10 or so

D: The terpenes in the Cannabis plant are different than any alternatively derived terpene

9. A bit more related to the capsules themselves, could one potentially pour some coconut oil over their avb, let it sit for a week or so, extract the oil from the bud and make cannacaps without heat in this way?
    Would they be potent, or is a week of sitting time with AVB without heat be a waste of effort? Maybe a different oil choice that doesn't solidify if that matters?

10. You pretty much derailed your own thread..

I'm glad to see Badkitty back out before this erupt'ed into a full on argument.

But a word of advice, nobody will believe anything unless you can prove it. Badkitty has science to back up her claims and you have... Well you just say they work better

11. Why should someone go out and purchase something that is already in the reefer instead of taking a little care to preserve what is already there? Why use an externally processed product that also includes other ingredients, possibly synthetic, when you can have the naturally occurring compounds?

12. There are a couple of threads in this forum about cold extraction with coconut oil. You may need to go back a couple of pages but that would probably be easier than a search. I believe one of them had references for avb, how long to let it sit and such. :)

13. I liked to make coconut oil mixed with abv to put in capsules but I stopped making it because it's not warm enough for the coconut oil to stay liquid. I mainly made it in the Sumer time and kept it in a warm dark place for around 2-3 weeks usually closer to 2. I'll have to look into that cold extraction because truthfully capsules are my favorite thing to make.

14. Here's one of those links: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...no-heat-cannaoil;-best-oil-ive-ever-made.html