Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Indian bhang powder. Contents?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by blackleaf28, Aug 2, 2012.

1. #1 blackleaf28, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Im in india and just bought a huge 150gram bag of bhang powder for $1.50. now, when i look at it, it just looks like shitty weed beat down into a powder. I tasted some; it had the gritty texture and leafy taste of powdered plant. There is nothing black and nothing resembling hash, nothing looks cooked or processed for ingesting.

but.. I made a little ball, maybe half the size of a donut hole, mixed with honey, and got blasted. like, uncomfortably high.

My question is, what is this powder made of if not just powdered ganja, and why did i get high?

edit: based on the high im positive weed/thc is the only substance in this powder, ruling out any possibility of it being laced with something unmentionable

2. Not being at all familiar with ancient Hindu recipes, all I can say is embrace it especially since you've determined it's not laced. How can you go wrong for a buck and a half. You could be in for the experience of a lifetime:D. If BKS sees this, she may have the answer for you.

3. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']Not being at all familiar with ancient Hindu recipes, all I can say is embrace it especially since you've determined it's not laced. How can you go wrong for a buck and a half. You could be in for the experience of a lifetime:D. If BKS sees this, she may have the answer for you.[/quote]

im loving it, im curious as to how they do it. Could be its just decarbed bud im eating.. People get high off eating abv

lol yeah i posted this with bks in mind

4. ......Keif

5. How much is 1.50 over there? That's a ton of material for $1.50. Enjoy that shit. BK would say that if it was just decades kief it still wouldn't be very bioavailable on its own. Very interesting though, you should ask whoever you bought it from hahah

6. It could very well be marijuana that has been cooked into butterfat/milkfat to make it bioavailable in preparation for whatever bhang product they'll make and that concoction is sometimes pulverized into a powder. I am not stating this for a fact, just piecing together some tidbits of research.

7. Bhang is a drink? It's cannabis soaked in milk, strained out and other things added. The milk gets you stoned.:confused:

8. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']It could very well be marijuana that has been cooked into butterfat/milkfat to make it bioavailable in preparation for whatever bhang product they'll make and that concoction is sometimes pulverized into a powder. I am not stating this for a fact, just piecing together some tidbits of research.[/quote]

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Awesome idea hahah, eat it like pop rocks and get stoned as hell. Or just be like BK and make weed pop rocks to begin with...haha

9. #10 PsychedelicSam, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012

10. When I go back to India, I have to beg my parents to let me try some bhang :D

11. bhang is just a word for weed

12. [quote name='"TopDawgEnt"']

Bhang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, Bhang is a drink.[/quote]

can also be a food, like in bhang sweets. And people call ground cannabis, that will later be turned into the drink, bhang also.

cannabis meant for smoking is called ganja

13. [quote name='"pezlet"']How much is 1.50 over there? That's a ton of material for $1.50. Enjoy that shit. BK would say that if it was just decades kief it still wouldn't be very bioavailable on its own. Very interesting though, you should ask whoever you bought it from hahah[/quote]

i mean $1.50 USD. so as much as $1.50 is for you

14. [quote name='"blackleaf28"']

i mean $1.50 USD. so as much as $1.50 is for you[/quote]

Haha, I meant what is it worth to them... Exchange rate for where you're at :p

15. I've been to North India near the mountains where they sell and consume this stuff, they call it just bhang.