Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Phoenix Tears" uses

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 26, 2012.

That looks great, palinny, but let me take a moment to clarify a couple of things and then you can decide how to word it. First, after your experience the first time, I wouldn't use the 1/3 grain dosage since even a full grain didn't really help. One of the points I'd like to make here is that these are arbitrary doses and will differ per person. This is just a general guide and can be made as strong or as weak as the patient desires. What I've done is use the figures from your scale and the general assumption that 1ml=1g and a medium grain is approximately .04g. I used the gram instead of the grain part and by having .5ml=.5g ÷.04g=12.5 doses of .04g or 16.6 doses of .04g. 

This is designed to allow you to take the size of dose that you need at the time. You may want to do a small dose in the morning to get moving but a bigger one if you feel an attack coming on. Instead of trying to squeeze out a particular size grain or two when you're hurting, you can just dip your dropper into your elixir and get however much you need and if you need more quickly, all you have to do is draw up some more and squeeze the bulb into your mouth. This guide is to get you familiar with the process while you're figuring out your dose size. 

While we're doing this for RSO, you may decide that it's not the best way to dose with your challenges or it just may not work like you'd like. These elixirs can be made other ways along with other THC products and that's why I want to run these other things by you. I'm so glad that you decided to land here because you have given me a reason to continue my work. Others will tell you that I'm like the Energizer Bunny when I get started with cannabis projects and the only time I really get excited about it anymore is when I have someone else other than myself to benefit from it. I don't do it for myself, I could really care less. So thank you. I feel like i have a purpose again.  :rolleyes:

Alright, I won't lay it on so thick, but I will say your changes are good. I hope it will be easy to follow. It seems so for me because I've had so much experience doing it that I can basically do it blindfolded and with two hands tied behind my back. I'll try to get a pm off to you in the morning but if I don't make it then, it may be the following day because I'm having guests in the afternoon. I'll get on it tout de suite. [​IMG]

2. Hemp Oil Tip

If you have any experience with hemp oil then you know that it can be pretty hard to get the stuff out of the syringe, especially if refrigerated. A little tip that I have found to work is to place the syringe on a heating pad set to Low for a few minutes.  :) 

3. great thread, i will be sharing this with friends

<3

Welcome, /R7. I'm glad you found us. I hope my journey here can help others get the relief and comfort provided by this amazing plant. Send your friends, there's always room for more and we're glad to have them.  :wave:

5. Hey ....here's something else that helped me with getting the oil out of those dang things. The heating is a must however you do it. Once you heat it some draw back on the plunger a bit and you'll see the oil move. Push it back in easy, just a bit until it moves again and repeat maybe once more. The oil should flow after that. Not a big thing but it prevents that mess. That was probably the only real problem I ran into using RSO in syringes. Other than not knowing what was in it or how it was extracted.  The caps are a huge improvement and have changed all of that completely!
    Harley

6. Couldn't get droppers & bottles today (bit of MS-related setback) but am hopeful for tomorrow or early in the week. Am looking forward SO MUCH to updating the thread about my experiences making/using PSam's Hemp Oil Honey/Agave Nectar Sublingual Elixir.

Sam's tutelege makes my friends and I feel honored--his experience is deep, knowledge is broad, empathy is real, and his great communication skills mean GrassCity's readers are some of the luckiest readers on the Internet. Sam gives hope, hope which can be tailored for MSers, and few things in this world are as powerful and life-sustaining as is hope. Hope is everything.

Wish I could type more right now.

Cya soon, everyone. :)

7. "Sam's tutelege makes my friends and I feel honored--his experience is deep, knowledge is broad, empathy is real, and his great communication skills mean GrassCity's readers are some of the luckiest readers on the Internet. Sam gives hope, hope which can be tailored for MSers, and few things in this world are as powerful and life-sustaining as is hope. Hope is everything. "

Here here.... :hello:

Hi Harley, PSam, and Everyone,
    Saw Harley's post and wanted to reply immediately, so I vaped some good grade to help me type for a few minutes more. I was reminded to ask if there's a quick, easy, and safe method to do an at-home extraction of solvent of someone else's product, said to be RSO, to help increase purity and safety? Maybe some type of rinsing, filtering, and/or washing with a natural product? I seem to recall a method that uses drinking alcohol??? Thx.

I agree, Harley Jane. I much prefer the coconut oil, capped or in recipes, and it's a lot more economical. I like the hemp oil for that deep narcotic pain relief but I don't like smoking it and trying to figure out dosing is difficult. I also think that the capsules may be a better bet for someone like palinny but the onset is slow and more immediate dosing options would still be needed for quick relief while waiting for the cap to kick in. It's something else that I hope to show her how to do if wanted since it's made from the same Dragon base as everything else I make.  :)

10. Evening Sam...When I started making my caps I set out to make their strength based on the RSO I was taking and the formula of 1 lb of weed neting roughly 60 grams of oil. I figured a rice grain dose to be roughly a 1/3 rd gm. Using 16 oz x 28 gms nets 448 gms and at 60 gms net oil you end up with about 7.5 gms per syringe. And shoot, my rice grains were NEVER the size of a grain of rice.. :smoke:  what can I say....So I make my caps in that territory. LOL...they've never come out at 1/3 (remember the in-exactness of this..;) but I get close enough and that's a good dose for me. And they work....HO DADDY.... :metal: but the kick in does take about an hour so I'd definitely get a batch of Dragon made up since you can't vape or smoke. Oops...I see you can vape palinny...nice....that should do the trick....
    Harley

Yes, there is and it's very common to do. You place your hemp oil in a small amount of 190 proof Everclear, shake it around to dissolve and place it in the freezer for 24-48 hours, longer is better. At that time you'll see what appears to be white spiderwebs. Pour your solution through a small coffee filter and then re-evaporate and scrape up. You lose volume with this but it removes chemicals that haven't been purged and plant waxes and oils. It's called "winterization". 

To clean your oil of pesticides, plant waxes and oils, or any other water soluble contaminants, you can water wash the oil. Fill a small vial halfway with distilled water then place your oil in the water. THC is not water soluble and will be unaffected. Place a lid on the vial and set in a dark area at room temperature. The contaminants will begin to drop out into the water over time. Let sit 24-48 hours while the water darkens. Remove the water. The oil will glob up and is easily recovered intact. Repeat if desired for peace of mind. 

I use winterizaton on my Dragon extracts all the time to remove plant waxes but haven't tried it with the hemp oil. I knew what was in my oil because I made it and besides, I winterized before I made the oil. The water wash is something I use for lower quality leaf that still has a lot of chlorophyll and other plant compounds but have never done for oil either. Here's a link to a Water Cure guide for reefer that can give you an idea of how it works. It would be a smaller scale and shorter time for oil. 

You have the experience of a learning curve gained by experience. I had planned on using it to save a step with edibles, instead of starting with GD, but I think I'll stick to the Dragon for better control[​IMG]

13. This was perfect timing, fw, And the perfect thing. If they still had rep here, you'd get some from me. [​IMG]

14. WOW  I found it
    Very cool I need to do some reading

15. #155 Digs n Dabs, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    Just want to give another huge THANK YOU to Sam for your help (step by step) on transferring my old medi-caps into a new solution which is much stronger. These are VERY STRONG!!! I am glad I tried this new method. It really is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I will still need to make the medi-caps but these are so much fun too!!! 

End result... Myself, Roommate & Friend (all different ages, sizes, experience) very much approve!  

Only thing Sam, you said if I took 2 I would be good through the next day. Since I am "up there", I took 3 with some Nitro Gold Dabs too... Woohoo!  Just took 2 for starting today off properly and they definitely kicked in fast and are nicely/constantly active. 

16. #156 Digs n Dabs, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013

droppers are on ebay... so many, so much cheaper, so fast/easy! Or Amazon. Buy from a store only on there... otherwise on ebay ALWAYS check the sellers feedback for close to perfect. 

I tried this, pulling back on the plunger a little bit then push in, and it really worked well to loosen the oil up after warming. Thanks, HJ.  :) 

You've been taking those medicated caps regularly and dabbing so that's going to give you a bit of an additional tolerance that the regular user doesn't. I have a patient who takes 5 of those a day for severe nerve disease, but if I take 2, I can't get stoned until the afternoon of the next day. Plus, you didn't degrade your THC this time by unnecessarily decarbing your cannabis first in order to retain more psychoactive properties. The only real negative aspect to the coconut oil caps is that they will build up your tolerance very quickly. I'm glad you liked them.  :)

19. Pretty Quick Pain Cream for RSO Users

I say "pretty quick" because it takes about 15 minutes to make. Ingredients are just RSO and coconut oil and something like Jergens Lotion or Olay or the WalMart special. I don't have pics for this version but is very simple and there are two versions, a coconut oil version and an alcohol version. 

Coconut oil version

Equipment and Ingredients:
    • Heat resistant shot glass...1 fluid oz
    • Virgin coconut oil - not processed...1 fl oz
    • 0.25-0.5ml of RSO or equivalent # of grains
    • 0.5 cup of commercial body lotion
    • Coffee warmer
    Directions
    • Add coconut oil to the shot glass and place on coffee warmer and let oil warm up
    • Place RSO into the warm coconut oil and allow to sit. After the RSO has warmed a little, stir it into the oil until fully dissolved. Allow to sit on warmer another five minutes. 
    • Take off the warmer, stir well to ensure full homogenization and allow to cool to tepid. May be placed in the fridge or freezer but will solidify quickly. While still liquid pour the coconut oil into your lotion and stir or shake well. There is no need to take the lotion out of the bottle, just pour the oil in. 
    • Shake well before using and rub on any kind of pain you have. Pain relief will be immediate and will continue to build with continuous layers. 
    • Store as the directions of the original lotion suggest
    Strength of this application is dependent upon you. It doesn't take much in the form of cannabinoids to help with pain relief. That's why many makers of infused balms use fan leaves. They don't even need to be activated. But needless to say, the more you have in it, the stronger it will be, but remember that it's only a topical application. I find that it works on all pain from muscle relaxation to deep nerve pain (with layering). 

Alcohol Version

Equipment and ingredients
    • 0.5 fluid ounce of 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear, Spyritis)
    • 1 fl oz shot glass
    • Glass or metal stirrer
    • 0.25-0.5ml of RSO or equivalent grains
    • 0.5 cup of commercial body lotion
    Directions
    • Add alcohol to shot glass
    • Add RSO to alcohol
    • Stir until fully dissolved (a few seconds)
    • Add infused alcohol to lotion and shake/stir. The alcohol will slightly thin the lotion at first but it will thicken again as the alcohol evaporates, leaving the cannabinoids infused into the original oils. 
    • Use as needed.
    Both of these versions have a shelf life of a lot longer than they will last, but it will last as long as the original lotion specifications. 

I hope this helps.  :) 

20. #160 palinny, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    Hi Sam,

Here's the link to a post I made just now at TiMS (ThisIsMS.com) on blossom's MJ thread: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic21334-75.html#p215363 Please let me know if you see any mistakes/typos/etc. Thanks!

My eyes need a bit of a break from all the reading I've been doing over the past few days. My ON (optic neuritis) is flaring, and looking at the bright computer screen is painful for my eyes. But I'll be back tomorrow! Wild horses couldn't keep me away from this place where the people are so very, totally, completely, fully, irrefutably, always super nice. :)