Hydro, why the bad rep?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by juiceifer, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Whenever I get some hydro from my guy it always has a very natural smell and people say that its "dro". I'm always hearing that it's less dank and the high isn't as euphoric, but rather more of a stoney high. So I guess, whats the deal?

2. indica gives you a more stoney high and sativa gives an uplifting high. Both can be grown Hydroponically. they call it hydro

3. Total bs... Don't believe it. Different strains, different stages of harvest, etc, play a role in the type buzz bud gives you. The longer someone let's the bud stay on the plant the more amber trichomes the bud will have. Amber trichs also lead to couch lock whereas clear/cloudy triches are more of a cerebral high.

4. This "dro" is not referring to all hydroponically grown bud. Most likely BC Bud, aka Beasters, which is a canadian cash crop strain that is usually bagged too early, to hold the water weight (where you get your "natural" smell).

5. sounds like you are just talking about uncured weed. the term dro is used incorrectly where i live too and i often get confused when hearing young teens refer to good quality bud as "dro"

other strange terms i've heard used for bud: exotic, loud, zona (guessing that stands for arizona, which is just schwag)

as far as i'm concerned dro is short for hydroponics...meaning you are describing the way something is grown, not quality or effects of the weed.

so to put it simply, your friends are wrong and most likely are just getting uncured or immature buds with clear trichs for a more heady high.

2 important things to look for in great buds is the cure and flush. if the plant has not been flushed properly of all the remaining nutrients, it will have a harsh effect on your lungs, effect the quality of the taste too. You can tell if you have flushed buds or not by looking at the color of your ash. when you smoke a bowl is the ash black/brown or is it a nice white color? if its a nice white color its been flushed properly..

curing occurs after the buds have been dried. they get placed into glass jars and are "burped" once a day for a couple of weeks, letting the buds breathe for an our or so each day. It's like aging a good wine or cheese. the longer the cure the better, more refined, more potent your smoke is going to be. You know you have a good cure when you can smell all the aspects of your bud. that "natural" smell you get is from freshly picked buds that have not have time to cure.

Meaning, you're not getting the best buds your money is paying for.

My advice to everyone...stop getting robbed, grow your own!