how necessary is a flushing nute?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DonBlaze28, Jul 10, 2011.

1. #1 DonBlaze28, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    How necessary are flushing nutes in 3 1/2 gal DWC w/ 4 1/2' plants? Thanx folks.

2. What nutes are you using? If they are cheap non-organic nutes then I would recommend the full 2 week flush. If you're using high quality nutes, you could get away with less. At least flush the last 3 days minimum.

3. #3 DonBlaze28, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Using advanced nutrients: sensi bloom a/b, mother earth super bloom tea, bud candy, and nirvana. Thanx for the info. Just wondering b'cuz my boy uses straight water.

4. The way I see it, if youve already spent all that on nutrients , why not get the flushing agent to, they are the cheapest usually...

:)

5. #5 DonBlaze28, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Good freakin point!

6. Some pepole like to flush some don't flush at all it's reall up to you. I flush for 11 days wit hPHed water then 3 with Flora kleen .

7. I use House&Gargen floral A&B. they actually have a flushing schedule depending on how long you are flowering and how much nutes you give them. I'm sure other good nutes will have recommendations also

8. What I've heard is that a flush is required only if you are using a medium where nutes can build up, and/or if you've added too much nutrient. So bubble buckets shouldn't need a flush, as long has you haven't overdosed, or used a nute high in nitrogen beyond the flowering stage. As per Lucas.

Cheers,
    Past

9. I just picked up the flora kleen flushing nuet but haven't used it yet. I have 2 going in an ebb and flow system now and when I change the water and nutes out I dump about 4 gallons of distilled water over the clay pellets and let the rockwool soak up the fresh water. And I'm about to do my first pre harvest flush this week. Also how have you liked your dwc system? I'm about to start a few babies in those.