Ebb and Flow Harvest 1/4 lb every 2 weeks; HELP

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by zq8s10, Jun 20, 2011.

1. So I started this thread pretty much in the indoor section, at the time of the post I was wanting to do a sog style grow, but with soil. Basically, Have a veg room with mothers, and take 36 cuttings every 2 weeks, as soon as the clones have rooted, immediately put them into my flowering room, and cut 36 more clones. harvest room is supposed to be a 4x4 room atleast, so you can have (4) 2x2 trays, which will fit 36 square pots each, cycling thru, till eventually you are pulling a harvest out and putting one in every 2 weeks.

Now I have been convinced to do it hydro, due to the faster growth, that will be needed. If there is a way to squeeze 36 clones onto each tray, I will only need to achieve 3.1 grams per clone to get my 1/4 pound goal. I already have a 400 watt hps light, but theres a lot I have to learn now, because Ive always been a soil man. I'm not new to the scene, as I have a few nice harvest under my belt now..

I've drawn up a little picture to give you an idea on what I'm trying to do..

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To make this possible, will 4" square net pots be sufficient enough for the clones, straight from rooting? Also, Do you let them just freestand in the grow tray in flowering, or should the tray be filled with something, then transplant them into that?

What medium should I fill the 4" pots with, and again, what does the table need to be filled with? I'm assuming something to keep the pots from floating and falling when the tray is filled with water. Also seems like the roots would grow out of the 4" net pot, and be damaged from the light.

Will a 400 watt hps light be able to cover the 4x4 area good enough, or should I get a bigger light for that area?

And where the HELL do I find these trays? Could I just fiberglass one up? I'm sure theres something cheap and easy to make do with the trays, just need some ideas to what.

With the 4x4 tray, using the forumula I was told, if I have to keep the water level at about 4 inches deep, Im guessing the resevoir needs to be about a 40 gallon resevoir.

Do I need a special pump for that to fill and drain on time?

And in the veg room, its 4x4 as well, will a 400 watt mh light be too much for the clones? Because as of now I have a 400 watt mh/hps light, so if the 400 watt light will be enough for the flowering room, then I could just use it instead of it going to waiste, and get t5s or something else for the veg room..

2. #2 zq8s10, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    Testing sig

How do you feed the plants also? you just mix the solution in the resevoir and let it feed the plants every day? Or do you have to completely drain the resevoir and mix another solution everytime so you give clean water every other day? Theres gotta be an easier way?

3. Wow dude. The mountain of questions. My table has a sort of plastic sign material that holds the pots and prevents light onto the roots which will poke out. I have a resevoir with sitatunga and a pump to the table. The table has a drain to the reservoir and the pump runs constant. Nutrients get added with water daily as needed to maintain ppm DBS completely new water once a week. What did I miss?

4. Sitatunga. I dunno what that is I meant airstones.

5. I woulld point you to the "Books on Weed growing" section of the forum.

No offence but you have a ton of questions concerning hydrogardening, SO much it seems like you dont understand the basics.

Hydrogardening tends to take all your leeway for mistakes out of the equation. This can be VERY dangerous to your sanity and your plants. I've seen whole rooms lost.

To touch on your questions though....

Net pots and HyDroton, thats what Im using. A different option, Rockwool cubes. Both of these options come in many sizes, like 2-6 inchs.

It sounds like you are leaning tword an Ebb&Flow system. In this Hydrogarden a 'tray', or some sort of other container, holds the plants and growing medium and you flood it at selected intervals. Then it drains. The system floods and drains on average every 4 hours for 15 minutes, during the light on cycle. again, this is an average and most growers dial in their own time regiment.

I'd sugest googling 'Hydorponic gardening" and look for some sites with base info, also, if you are lucky enough to have a friend or a LHS that has compentant employees, IE ones that grow plants:D, go pick brains and see if you can get a look at some hydrogardens:hello:

Good Luck