Wilma 8 pot feeding help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SmokeyDogBaby, May 26, 2011.

1. Hi guys.

Does anybody know how often I should feed my plants in a Wilma 8 pot system.

I'm using clay balls (think that's what there called) to grow in and they don't hold any water. Do I need to leave the pump on constantly and just let the water keep running through or will a few hours a day do ?

They've only been in since Monday and have just started to sprout. The actual seeds are in root riot and then placed in the balls. Think thats everything i need to let you's know but if I've missed anything just let me know.

Any help appreciated, thanks all.

C.

2. Hay, Hay,Hay SmokeyDogBaby, The clay shit is hydron (something like that) and that is the media that you put your rockwool into once the seeds or clones have started to root. Start out in rockwool cubes (small) get the seeds to growing then place in the clay shit. Moisture is neessary to get root growth in the rockwool. Send photo's as they speak a million words.

Herb

3. Hi Herb.

The seeds are in root riots, there similar to rockwool just made from organic stuff. They did get dry yesterday but only for a few hours, could that of killed them?

Im doing another grow but using soil, it seems much easier.

Is there any way I can upload a pic straight from my phone, if I can I'll get a pic up?

4. Hey I know if seeds dry out after germ has started it can kill them quick. I dont know about yours for sure. I would give it 10 days and then just plant new ones if yours dont pop up. I hope yours pop up. it is real important not to let them dry out. When i germ i use a wash cloth and a sandwich bag and within 24 hours i have my little sprouts then i put then in rockwool in a float tray and a hood with a blanket over the top.and set it on a heater vent. With in 1 to 2 days they have shed the shell and have opened up

5. I use a drip system also and i water 3 times a day for 15 min.