proper ppm please help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Dirtbud, Mar 26, 2011.

1. When using a tds meter what should the ppm be about on bf's bluecheese 4th week of flower with tap at about 350ppms using aquaflakes, tops shooter and bud xl? Is 450 too low? I'm getting some yellow leaves on lower branches. Any ideas?
    thx

2. Short Answer:
    Read, Read, and Read..

Long Answer:
    Depends on what system and grow medium you're using..
    Rough guess, between 1000ppm - 1200ppm.
    Can go as high as 1500ppm..

Thats total ppm, including your 350ppm hard water..

3. yellowing lower branches is caused byu the plant sucking nutes out of the bottom leafs to redirect it to the new growth. check out the house and garden nutrient chart and follow their ratios. your plants should be able to handle at least 80% strength nutes without burning.

4. Nice that is just what I was looking for. I'm taking over at the end for an incompetent retard. I take that back because that would be an insult to the mentally handicap.

5. yeah just bump it right up to 80% strength. it might shock the plants a bit but no worse than the massive nutrient deficiency

6. get an r/o filter, 350 is pretty high

7. I have a Barneys Farm Blue Cheese at Day 32 of flower I think.

I have a very detailed grow log , you can see every PPM Ive given it since seed.. It is a lot to sort through , But if you really want some good info , its there.

I have been feeding every third watering during flower, no deficiencies or burning at all.

Last got fed 3-13-11 , then it got a watering, then a hygrozyme treatment.. due for a feeding next water.

This is what she got on Day 18 of flower.

Plant 7 (Day 60) - (18) (Blue Cheese)
    Water

Nutrients:
    Well Water Base : 145 ppm
    PBP Grow : 350 ppm
    PBP Bloom : 1110 ppm
    Liquid Karma : 1150 ppm
    Total PPM: 1150

PH:

8. I have an RO filter. I just use half and half, half RO, and half dechlorinated tap. Like I said I'm taking over for a lazy ass that could not do shit right. I'd go RO all the way but it takes 24hrs to get 50 gallons and mofo did not have any RO reserve built up. I figured half and half would be better than nothing, and in the beginning they were given straight dechlorinated tap and did fine.

9. #9 Dirtbud, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    It should also be noted that within 4 hours of having 840ppms, it was back to 500's no shit. Part of that is cycle time, but part of that me thinks is nute starved plants drinking like they walked 40 miles through the desert. I could almost watch the growth with my bare eyes today. Calyxes swelled, and popcorn nugs grew about a centimeter taller all within about 20 hours time of me taking over and fixing mistakes.

I managed to get the ppms back up to 800's before it cycled to low 700's tonight before lights out and will get it back up tomorrow. I will also report back about the yellowing although it seems to have stopped.

But if I'm not mistaken the bud xl is supposed to help transfer shit from leaves to buds and may cause yellowing or what? I have not had any experience with the bud xl before.

ph is around 6.1...

For those not familiar I run 3 in a 18gal tote, 2 totes, each with a 400 hps above it and connected to an 18 gal tote rez with a recirc pumping from rez to top of containers and gravity bringing it back from the bottom lines.

10. How often should I be adding nutes? I'm assuming once a week by the schedule on H&G but they were depraved and I went from 950ppms to 700ppms overnight? At what point should I add more ppm wise or should I just go by the H&G schedule?

How often do you all add nutes to your DWC buckets?

11. Try to maintain your 1000ppm...

I'm in different system (ebb and gro with 50gal and 27gal res), what I do is mix up a very strong batch of nutes (say 2500ppm) if my ppm is low and add that to my res.

But!!!
    You being in a LOT smaller res, maybe just do 1100-1200ppm to raise it a 100 points or so.. After a few times you will know, "ok if I'm 200ppm down, I need to mix up a 1300ppm gal to bring it up 200 points back to 1000ppm"... If you go over, no worries, take some out and add just water..

When I was working with bubble buckets, I changed then every week..