When to harvest???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by zen2092, Dec 14, 2010.

1. This is my first hydro grow and so far everything is going quite well. My question now is when to harvest? I know the smoking quality can be greatly effected by when you harvest and I want to make sure I time it correctly. I started the grow mid october. These pics I'm posting are about 4 days old and its white widow. Don't mind the the burnt leaves in the one pic...I forgot to check it for 2 days and it had a major growth spirt and grew into the light:(

p.s. Is it true that you should leave the plants bone dry a week prior to harvest?

Attached Files:

2. My question is when did you start flower? White Widow generally needs a longer flowering time as it's sativa dominant, 8 weeks minimum, 9 or even 10 is usually better.

In the last week you want to flush the rez with clean water to get the plants to use up as many nutes as possible, but you don't want to kill them by depriving them of water.

3. I see, thanks for the help...They're been flowering for about 5 weeks, and I think they have already grown as tall as they are going to get as I've noticed they haven't gotten any taller for about 2 weeks...

4. now more catylx will start to swell up! this is the best part!

5. Thats white widow?

6. I just read abou this in High times, Tricomes on flowers actually go through several stages toward the end of its life cycle. To begin with the go from clear to milky white. This is when the THC level is at its highest, right at the beginning of the harvest cycle. As this THC degrades it becomes cannibinol CBN. This is when the colors shift to an amber brownish shade. The shift will occur even after the plants have been harvested. The THC degrades into CBN.

THC- rushier, high
    CBN- more of a body buzz or stoned feeling.

This guy liked to harvest when 25% of the tricome are amber in color!

7. nahhh man like 2 maybe 3 more weeks for it to be like at it's prime:bongin::metal:

8. we have that in the chart thread buddy.

9. I'm pretty sure he was just trying to help?

10. I hope so...I'm really excited to harvest..I just don't want to screw anything up too badly because it's been going great so far and to ruin it this late into the game would suckk...

11. WEEDNOTCRACK-What is a chart thread? Why didnt you tell the guy to refer to the "chart thread?" Just trying to help, sorry I repeated something that is in the "chart thread" that obviously the guy asking the question and myself, didnt know existed. I will make sure I scour the entire board before I try and help a guy out.