3rd time trying hydro.. this time with autoflowering seeds, simple question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by nxk, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Im about 2 weeks in or so and they look pretty healthy

I was doing 24/0 but switched to 20/4 today and will do 20/4 till end

Im keeping ph at 6.5/7, and using GH nutes and following lucas formula

my first question is, when I turn off the lights for 4 hours each day, do I also turn off the fans and air stone, or leave them on?

thanks!

pics from 4 days ago

[​IMG]

pic from yesterday

[​IMG]

2. this is my previous grow (it was caramelicious from AMS, current is AK48 fem autoflowering from attitude), stupid me forgot to water them and they dried up overnight :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. always leave the airstone on!!!!!!!! the fan is your choice... keep temps at 78

4. awesome thanks

5. On top of the airstone thing, your PH is too high. It should be between 5.5 and 6.5 so its best to be at 6.0.

6. 5.8 personal opinion

7. i concur

8. As previously stated always leave the air pumping. And secondly you need to adjust that pH to a 5.8 +/- .1

You are a hydro grower, not a soil grower.:smoke:

Best of luck with your grow.

9. lookin good man im just over a week of veg now just added nutes tonight check it out man http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...wc-bubble-bucket-cfl-closet-grow-journal.html ill follow this as well. oh yeah ^ im gonna agree with 5.8 ph and ive noticed that anything between 75 and 80 degrees is perfect. but anyways good luck man!:wave:

10. Im exactly 4 weeks in, plants are looking healthy and are starting to smell quite nice

[​IMG]

my only concern is them growing too much and being burnt by the lights, is that something to worry about? how can I prevent that?

11. They look really good. I target my PH @ 6.0 +/-.2

12. Have you considered training them? You could top them (high stress training) or tie them down (low stress training), both encourage a bushy growth with several buds versus the stretched growth with a single main cola that will occur if you do nothing. I don't know if this will keep the plants from overgrowing your bulb and burning themselves but it will stunt their height. Here is a link A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums I came across while searching the web. Hope it helps.

13. I think its too late to do any of that, they are too big for the pc to start bending them, and if I topped them then they would continue to grow taller, right?

each day they get closer and closer to the 4 lights :(

I cant move the plants to another location, and must continue growing them in this box/pc

what can I do to stop them from growing and just start fully budding?

should I switch from 20/4 to 12/12?

should I switch my 6.7k bulbs to the 2.7k bulbs?

thanks everyone!

[​IMG]

14. When you switch to 12/12 your are going to still get veg growth - perhaps as much as 2x what it is now.

I would top and switch to 12/12 and hope for the best ....

15. thanks

switched lights to 2.7k and light schedule to 12/12

also topped the plant on the right

:prays:

16. What if I disconnected 1 out of the 4 bulbs? Would that stop/slow down the growing or will it also affect the budding?

17. I wouldn't bother giving them less light, Id try the low stress training. Pinch the tallest branches until you feel it compress, and bend gently without snapping.

growth will slow to let the plant fix the bend, and plants energy will be focused on lower branches.

I can't quite see your set up, but you could possibly combine that will a screen which controls you canopy hight. Its called a "scrog grow". Its good for grow with hight limitations. theres tons of info on it, just search it.