Who has used ADVANCED NUTRIENTS?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Tihspeed, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbyist Grower Bundle - Hydroponic Organic Nutrients

My question is about using one of the FOUR complete box methods of growing

Do these nutrients really PH correct themselves? This is a must know.

I plan i purchasing anyway, but i would love to hear first hand accounts on any box set

Hobbyist
    expert
    professional
    Grand Master

anyone???????????????

2. bumping to keep it fresh.....

3. I use Advanced Nutrients Grow/Micro/Bloom, just the base set. I don't think I'll go with any of the added supplements. They are overpriced in my opinion and other companies basically sell the same stuff for less. I use SilicaBlast which is kinda like AN Rhino Skin and I add Hydrozyme which is like ANs SensiZyme.

As far as pH goes, I start with reverse osmosis water with a pH of about 7.4 and then add my nutrients and the pH goes to about 6. I still have to tweak it now and then with a few drops of pH down but I attribute that to the high pH of my Hydroton and rockwool.

I think a lot of those AN supplements such as Voodoo juice and BigBud don't really do too much and exist just because a lot of first time growers will get talked into buying it but I could be wrong.

4. used thier whole line and wouldnt recomend them in any way. its all over priced and hearing what the owner has to say seals the deal. he is not focused towards growers but towards "young dope growing men 21-30". any one who "highly" recomends them is probably being paid by them.

5. yeah i get the feeling my hydro shop is getting some kinda cut for pushing their products. they always steer me towards AN stuff and it's displayed pretty prominently throughout the store

6. Code:
    My question is about using one of the FOUR complete box methods of growing

Do these nutrients really PH correct themselves?  This is a must know.  

I plan i purchasing anyway, but i would love to hear first hand accounts on any box set

Hobbyist
    expert
    professional 
    Grand Master

anyone???????????????     
    Hows it going man? I have used all of the advanced products but, not the pH/PPM perfect bundles yet because, Advanced Nutrients has not released them yet! I have been reading about them all over Rosebud magazine (which is A.N.'s own magazine) and all over the internet. So i asked one of my friends at my local hydro shop who has a whole sale account with Advanced and he said they have not even had them on their price sheets. He thinks that they have been hyping it and now they are eating their words! If you find them anywhere please share because I am willing to bet that they are fakes!

Back to your question on using Advanced Nutrients... I have based the nutrients that i have bought based on their bundles. I bought all them individually except for the Grand Master (Bud X factor=$90 Bud Ignition=$90 Rhino skin=$90). After adding all of this stuff trust me my pH/PPM were never perfect! Also less is more with all of this stuff. They tell you to add more so you will run out quicker so you will be right back to them buying more!

7. wow... good to know.... Well even with the hype... i'd still pay triple the price to have a chemical that ph balanced itself... I really hate doing that..

kills my plants in a second if im not all over it... and believe me i have more important things to do in my life than check ph...

oh well... i'll get put on their call list once their nutrients are out

thanks to all who posted

8. I'm very interested in this as well.
    I think it would be worth "a few" extra bucks to not have to worry about pH.
    I've been reading AN's info on their product.
    Haven't finished it yet. Busy checking pH, etc., :rolleyes: :laughing:

9. soon as u are done readin the info try to find what they actually put in any of thier products. they dont list whats in them but they are the best thing in the world and will get 30 pounds per light and u can use sewage water.

10. I have been using Advanced Nutes for over 3 years now with excellent results. I have used Fox Farm and General Hydro as well. I was curious at the time to see which would be be more effective so at one point for one cycle I ran all 3 from clone to harvest I also ran straight pH'd water as a control.

AN produced 120g per plant (average of 4 plants).
    FF produced 90g per plant (average of 4 plants).
    GH produced 87g per plant (average of 4 plants).
    Water produced 64g per plant (average of 4 plants).

Here are the details of my test.

Tested a total of 16 plants.

Vegetative State:

• 2 1000w hps (8 plants per light) Magnum XXXL 8" hoods.

• ProMix HP soil mixed 5:1 with coarse perlite in 5 gallon pots.

• Watering schedule once per day water pH 6.0 each watering.

• Feeding schedules were recommended by each nutrient manufacturer.

• 8 week cycle.

Flowering State:

• 4 1000w hps (4 plants per light) Magnum XXXL 8" hoods.

• ProMix HP soil mixed 5:1 with coarse perlite in 5 gallon pots.

• Watering schedule once per day water pH 6.0 each watering.

• Feeding Schedules were recommended by each nutrient manufacturer.

• 8 week cycle.

I followed each manufacturer's recommendation for products except for AN because I noticed that some of the nutrients offered the same thing but just had different names. This is the list of AN nutes that I used then and still use today:

• Sensi Grow A and B (veg and transplant)

• Sensi Bloom A and B (bloom)

• Sensizym (veg and transplant)

• B52 (veg and transplant)

• Carbload (liquid) (bloom)

• Bud Candy (bloom)

• Overdrive (bloom)

• Big Bud (liquid) (bloom)

• Tarantula (powder) (transplant only)

• Piranha (powder) (transplant only)

• VooDoo Juice (transplant only)

• Bud Blood (powder) (bloom first week only)

I agree that the nutes are expensive but a gallon of each, other that the powders and VooDoo juice, will last for the entire cycle.

11. I have personally seen AN vs GH. The An Looked better and tasted a little bit better, but the yield was actually less than GH.

12. how long they been paying you to post?

13. what products compare to advance hobby grower nutes?

voodoo juice? big bud? b-52? overdrive? using sensi bloom as a base nute?

is there something in just one company that equals or surpasses these items?

i was also thinking on using these products if nothing else compares to them in quality and yield.

14. So because I use AN, I am being paid to post? That is what I use, that is what works for me. If used GH and posted what I had would you ask that question? I average over 120g per plant, to me, I have found something that works. They guy asked about AN, I told him my experience with them, just so happened I tested AN against others.

I am not trying to sell you or anyone else anything. If you wanna use AN, use it, if not, don't. Everyone has their own methods.

15. i believe it was humor.

your answer was very concise and very well written... leads people to believe you were ready for the question..... If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, ya know? but every now and then its a platypus....

thanks for your response... like i said earlier.. i plan to purchase.. don't believe you really answered about the PH correction but ill give it a shot anyway....

my only discrepancy was the fact that you use HPS your whole grow.. i believe this was just an error while typing or your only flowering autos..... either way.. good to know the order in which your doing things... thats alot to take in

thanks for posting... i know ill be referring to your post just before purchase

16. the magazine Rosebud talks about all types of different advanced nutrients products. try that out.

17. AN works best for hydro growing...

We have seen the results personally and would no longer use anything else for a serious 'dro grow.

Bigger, more, sweeter, stronger ect. ect. It only took one grow with AN and we never looked at Humboldt again because we could see the extra dollars were easily made up for in the extra weight. That is all there is to that.

There are several tests around and AN gets high marks in all of them. A lot of jealous people put down Big Mike, but I do not understand why they would do so to someone who has dedicated his life to making our craft the best it can be.

18. #18 fieryflora, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    Ps. As a matter of fact we were thinking about using a bunch of left over AN nutes against others formulas, on veggies and flowers in one of our hydro-gardens to see how well it fairs while being used on non-marijuana plants.

19. Funny how the people who say AN is a good product almost always have somewhat of a scientific approach to why it is good.

And the folks who "whine" about it simply do just that. No actual proof as to why you should not buy the product. :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents "before" taxes

20. So your saying if I use AN I'll become a scientist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.