Recommended PH for Veg by Week in Hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ErthLghsInFlwrs, Sep 9, 2010.

1. I was messing around with spreadsheets today as a way to quickly organize some grow data.
    Because im using fox farm nutes, i was looking at their recommended nutrient levels during veg.
    In this post i am attempting a PH schedule to follow for veg, according to what fox farm feels are the necessary nutrients during early veg then weeks 1-4.

The following chart i created shows the overall nutrient levels by N, P, or K that fox farm recommends using by week in the vegetative phase

The Ratios were achieved using the following formula
    [((Tbsp/gal)xN,P, or K Ratio)x (tbsp/galBB/tbsp/galGB)]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, fox farm adds a LOT of potassium. These data make it somewhat apparent how the recommended feeding schedule will most likely burn your plant, but half strength would contain the same ratios, and so it serves to illustrate the same point, which is to find out what nutrients are needed each week according to the feeding schedule.
    I am using the nutrient availability chart that fox farm provides in order to check where each nutrients are available.
    [​IMG]

if switching the ph over for better absorption of nutrients, it seems as though the schedule would be to maintain a higher ph (about 6.1-6.3) except during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of veg when the ph should be lowered (about 5.7) in order to allow the uptake of phosphorous. for weeks 4 and the ph is raised again (about 6.1-6.3).
    This schedule assumes that you will allow 5 weeks of vegetative hydroponic growth before switching into flowering, and is simply experimental.

If anybody wants to recommend when the plants need certain micronutrients as well, please do so, and i will adjust my schedule accordingly.

Attached Files: